Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NodEliteX5

Soo.....when is the offline multiplayer bots coming?

I thought the most recent patch would finally bring it back but I guess not. When is that offline multiplayer with bots patch coming? (Hopefully they don't forget a pause function this time).

Maybe in the update where SnapMap gets the Hell environment? I assume multiplayer's getting updates independently from it.

NodEliteX5 said:

Hopefully they don't forget a pause function this time).

And if a "pause" function is added to offline multiplayer/SnapMap allow Photo Mode to be usable there for good pictures!

Xane123 said:

Maybe in the update where SnapMap gets the Hell environment? I assume multiplayer's getting updates independently from it.

And if a "pause" function is added to offline multiplayer/SnapMap allow Photo Mode to be usable there for good pictures!

I just don't get on how something extremely simple like pausing a game can easily be forgotten for offline modes (fortunately campaign doesn't have this issue thank god).

Agreed; If the player's playing alone, allow pausing, and for another classic Doom reference allow players to pause in multiplayer and affect everyone!

This weird lack of "pausing" reminds me of CoD or something; Want to leave your offline match against bots mid-game? Too bad, you'l die many times before you return!

(And I still worry the other modes will never gain this ability to pause when playing offline without others and the photo mode will stay in single-player...)

NodEliteX5 said:

I just don't get on how something extremely simple like pausing a game can easily be forgotten for offline modes (fortunately campaign doesn't have this issue thank god).

Because snapmap doesn't have a singleplayer mode. Your question basically answers itself, really.

Edward850 said:

Because snapmap doesn't have a singleplayer mode. Your question basically answers itself, really.

Explain how most of the community maps I find happen to have a solo option which is considered SP especially since I can play it offline (including the stuff I make for myself).

NodEliteX5 said:

Explain how most of the community maps I find happen to have a solo option which is considered SP especially since I can play it offline (including the stuff I make for myself).

Solo in the current snapmap is just co-op with only a single player slot. It's still functionally using the co-op system.
In fact snapmap doesn't even have logical gamemodes, let alone co-op. You can invent gamemodes with it (like co-op), but everything uses the same 4 player slot system with team controls.

Having the engine run that offline when it already has a local simulation isn't exactly complicated.

Edward850 said:

Solo in the current snapmap is just co-op with only a single player slot. It's still functionally using the co-op system.
In fact snapmap doesn't even have logical gamemodes, let alone co-op. You can invent gamemodes with it (like co-op), but everything uses the same 4 player slot system with team controls.

I have a bunch of games that have that same "coop" function, examples are UT 2004 invasion, halo's firefight (before 343 took it away), Gears of war's horde mode, Resident evil's mercenaries and raid modes, and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's edge ninja trials. All of these co-op modes I mentioned above can be played solo while offline and have a pause function.

You are comparing apples to pizza rolls. Snapmap only has one gamemode (itself) and engines don't magically compare to other engines, especially when you have this engine broken into three key codepaths. It doesn't even immediately compare to itself.

If you want to argue about a pause function, it can only be done in the context of snapmap. However nothing in snapmap has a proper single player function, just the mimic of one. Kind of puts even a potential technical issue of it even having a pause function, like what if snapmap was heavily multithreaded.

Edward850 said:

You are comparing apples to pizza rolls. Snapmap only has one gamemode (itself) and engines don't magically compare to other engines, especially when you have this engine broken into three key codepaths. It doesn't even immediately compare to itself.

If you want to argue about a pause function, it can only be done in the context of snapmap. However nothing in snapmap has a proper single player function, just the mimic of one. Kind of puts even a potential technical issue of it even having a pause function, like what if snapmap was heavily multithreaded.

So when is the next big update coming?

Later this month, I believe? It'll be alongside their first DLC pack.

Edward850 said:

Later this month, I believe? It'll be alongside their first DLC pack.

You think they'll add the rest of the demons to snapmap?

I hope they add all the MP stuff in. Prowlers? We need too kill prowlers.

Zemini said:

I hope they add all the MP stuff in. Prowlers? We need too kill prowlers.

I was very surprised that they had no appearance in both campaign and snapmap, absolutely none.

NodEliteX5 said:

You think they'll add the rest of the demons to snapmap?

They need to. That and all of the SP weapons/monsters!

chubz said:

They need to. That and all of the SP weapons/monsters!

I doubt they can add the bosses, they're too big. Weapons on the other hand is a definite and they also should add in the other mp weapons and equipment as well. Also lets not forget the berserker power up.

NodEliteX5 said:

?

Um, was it not clear that I found what he said funny? Maybe I should've just wrote "I think this is funny" to avoid confusion. Not a big deal.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Um, was it not clear that I found what he said funny? Maybe I should've just wrote "I think this is funny" to avoid confusion. Not a big deal.

Nevermind

NodEliteX5 said:

You don't know what a bump is?

He means, why are you bumping this thread? Do you think people know the answer to your question? This is Doom World, when an update comes out it will be here before you need to bump anything.

Chezza said:

He means, why are you bumping this thread? Do you think people know the answer to your question? This is Doom World, when an update comes out it will be here before you need to bump anything.

You do realize that you are ironically keeping the thread alive right?

NodEliteX5 said:

You do realize that you are ironically keeping the thread alive right?

Yes yes, but to give you clarity on Edward's question, as you seem to of missed his point. Hey I have no problem about keeping a thread alive, but useless bumps is not a good enough reason to.