Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLAN#MEYER

AMD or NVIDIA.

Just a quick Question about what's running your DOOM rig mine is AMD R9 290x with no problems
Except no video recording

I had trouble with recording methods that target the exe process, I wonder if it's an anti-cheat thing (maybe that method modifies the process in live memory?).

If I set the game engine to a windowed resolution, and then use a method that records the entire desktop display then I'm good (but borderless window will cause crash).

GTX 980.

Putting Virtual texturing page size to Ultra causes the game to CTD at random for some reason.

I've got a GTX 460. Now that I have the full game I haven't run into the random massive tanking framerate issues I had when running the demo that would come about at completely random times in random areas. Like at all. When I first launched it I ran into it but after a restart....nothing. I've since launched the game three times and played lengthy runthroughs. Nothing. Works great on lowest quality settings with 75% resolution scaling at 1080p. I rock a pretty decent 35-55 fps. I could probably turn up some quality settings a little more.

But I won't need to once my 970 gets here...

AMD, i don't like to overpay just to get a brand and a marginal extra performance.
I been using AMD Cpu's since the K6 family and GPU since they bought ATI.
But not as cool as owning an Nvidia or Intel product

Trycon said:

GTX 980.

Putting Virtual texturing page size to Ultra causes the game to CTD at random for some reason.

That happens to me regardless of what I do. You'd think the first patch would address these issues or at least a few.

I'm running an ATI Fury Sapphire 4gig HBM with everything maxed.

play.tv does not work for DOOM its been that way since launch day its even in the notes from ID. I think there is some kind of NVIDIA plan here that took place to try and sell more cards by forcing AMD video capture to fail. Money exchanges hands all the time between companies for dumb shit like this. I mean look how consoles get DLC first on most games. You do not think they are just throwing darts at which device gets it first do you? I am sure it will work at some point after NVIDIA's bribe runs out.

CLAN#MEYER said:

play.tv does not work for DOOM its been that way since launch day its even in the notes from ID. I think there is some kind of NVIDIA plan here that took place to try and sell more cards by forcing AMD video capture to fail. Money exchanges hands all the time between companies for dumb shit like this. I mean look how consoles get DLC first on most games. You do not think they are just throwing darts at which device gets it first do you? I am sure it will work at some point after NVIDIA's bribe runs out.

How is there supposed to be some sort of Nvidia conspiracy when Shadowplay can't even hook OpenGL? Likewise, the issue with play.tv is it catastrophically fails to encode when running with OpenGL4, so AMD manually disabled it themselves.

Sometimes the reality is shit just don't work. Nobody has it in for you or your GPU.

Man, i thought i was the only one who couldn't record with R9, Even Plays.tv didn't help .

It just captures 1 shot, sound is recorded fine dough .

Getting my hands on an ASUS laptop in a few months. Yeah, it's a complete waste of money if you can do with a desktop PC, but I'm specifically looking for a portable. The upper-middle class models (the best you can get that don't need external cooling) still have a GTX 980m, which sits somewhere in between the 960 and 970 desktop version. But it's enough to run DOOM on ultra settings, and get a solid mid-70s frameate for the most part. More when you're not recording.

GT 630M 2GB

Low settings, 1280 x 720 resolution, 50% scaling.

Currently I only have the demo, but I've played through it a few times. Game mostly runs at 10-20 FPS, but never crashes. Some parts are a constant 8 FPS.

ASUS Strix OC geforce 980Ti 6GB
trident Z 16GB(3200mhz)RAM
6700K at 4ghz
ga-z170x gaming 5 mobo
850w psu
900p monitor LOL ... need to change this ASAP

Can run everything on and max / nightmare settings np, we'll see when I change monitor

(2)x GeForce 1080 with high bandwidth sli bridge, running at 3860x2140 (4k), everything ultra with nightmare options enabled, 1xsmaa

Buckshot said:

(2)x GeForce 1080 with high bandwidth sli bridge, running at 3860x2140 (4k), everything ultra with nightmare options enabled, 1xsmaa

4k monitor *drool* how much fps you get with that?

Does doom's OpenGL support SLI?

And why SMAA, i thought TSSAA was the best? Just curious.

massivefanofdoom said:

4k monitor *drool* how much fps you get with that?

Does doom's OpenGL support SLI?

And why SMAA, i thought TSSAA was the best? Just curious.

Doom doesn't support SLI in any API, sadly.

Plasma Gun said:

Doom doesn't support SLI in any API, sadly.

I thought so, SLI seems poorly supported till this day and when you do find a game that supports it, the frames dont necessarily skyrocket. (From various reviews and benchmarks) Wouldn't stop me from getting 4 cards if i was rich tho. just to show off lol

Again, it does support sli.

Why everyone seems to think it doesnt, I have no idea. Nvidia had day one sli drivers out, and has continued updating it's sli profile for doom.

Tiago Sousa (the lead dev that took over for Carmack) also acknowledges its supported, though he continues to optimize it with each patch due to shadows causing lesser performance than expected.

I can disable one of my 1080s, and I see a dramatic decrease in fps count. Once I turn back on sli, fps skyrocket.

Also, I use smaa as the txsaa 8x seems to cause doom to CTD on occassion. It's also gorgeous in 4k, might I add.

In a intense area in 4k, I averge about 60 to 75fps. The absolute minimum I've seen is 55. All other areas, 80 to 100fps or 90-120fps, depending whether indoor or outdoor. If I look up at just the sky, I get 144fps+ tho, lol.

Buckshot said:

Why everyone seems to think it doesnt, I have no idea. Nvidia had day one sli drivers out, and has continued updating it's sli profile for doom.

Maybe due to Alpha/Beta days. They didn't have SLI support (same as Rage). The release version also needed the nvidia driver to support SLI (or you had to edit the profiles), so maybe that's what stuck for some people: Doom => similar to Rage => no SLI.

Buckshot said:

Tiago Sousa (the lead dev that took over for Carmack) also acknowledges its supported, though he continues to optimize it with each patch due to shadows causing lesser performance than expected.

I can disable one of my 1080s, and I see a dramatic decrease in fps count. Once I turn back on sli, fps skyrocket.

Also, I use smaa as the txsaa 8x seems to cause doom to CTD on occassion. It's also gorgeous in 4k, might I add.

In a intense area in 4k, I averge about 60 to 75fps. The absolute minimum I've seen is 55. All other areas, 80 to 100fps or 90-120fps, depending whether indoor or outdoor. If I look up at just the sky, I get 144fps+ tho, lol.

From Tiago Sousa's twitter:

"SLI support is coming - stay tunned"

https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/status/731018336847306752

Anyway, I too have a pair of 1080s in SLI connected via HB bridge and I actually see a drop in FPS. Have to tell the NVIDIA driver to use only one card when I run Doom :(

Plasma Gun said:

From Tiago Sousa's twitter:

"SLI support is coming - stay tunned"

https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/status/731018336847306752

Anyway, I too have a pair of 1080s in SLI connected via HB bridge and I actually see a drop in FPS. Have to tell the NVIDIA driver to use only one card when I run Doom :(

It's had some form of SLI support since its retail release, just hit or miss for some:

http://techfrag.com/2016/05/16/doom-sli-support-confirmed-performance-tips-for-4k-resolution/

"....One user has reported that the game already runs better with SLI enabled, however, Sousa added that it is going to get much better because there is a problem with shadow limiting SLI scaling....."""

Apparently they are slowly improving it each patch.

Buckshot said:

It's had some form of SLI support since its retail release, just hit or miss for some:

http://techfrag.com/2016/05/16/doom-sli-support-confirmed-performance-tips-for-4k-resolution/

"....One user has reported that the game already runs better with SLI enabled, however, Sousa added that it is going to get much better because there is a problem with shadow limiting SLI scaling....."""

Apparently they are slowly improving it each patch.

When I turn on SLI, either AFR1 or AFR2, the game becomes so choppy that it's unplayable. I am talking about wild swings from >100 FPS to 40 FPS. With SLI off, it's very smooth sailing, >100 FPS the vast majority of the time.

Plasma Gun said:

When I turn on SLI, either AFR1 or AFR2, the game becomes so choppy that it's unplayable. I am talking about wild swings from >100 FPS to 40 FPS. With SLI off, it's very smooth sailing, >100 FPS the vast majority of the time.

That's literally the complete opposite of what im experiencing, lol.

Sli off = runs like poo @4k
Sli on = runs like butter @4k

Only difference is I'm not messing with alternate frame rendering mode, just using Nvidia recommended/auto detect for sli (with sli enabled in control panel). Using
JJuly 6th Nvidia driver, too.

using an EVGA 970, clocked at 1450 during gameplay. Everything on ultra except shadow quality which I chose to set to high because I can barely notice the difference and it adds 5-10 fps alone for cranking that setting down in many cases.

Vulkan API runs like shit though, microstuttering all over the place. So I play on openGL 4.5 still. like 80-120 fps most of the time, peaking as high as 150+ and dropping to 50-60 in the most extreme moments.