Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Woolie Wool

"Gave proof through the night / That our flag was still...Oh no! It's GONE!"

I just heard on the news that the flag at the World Trade Center's remains, taken from a yacht and raised at the former WTC by firefighters, is missing. Comments, anyone?

Ah...I guess I was looking at it from the wrong direction this whole time.

The theft of the flag fron the WTC is an atrocity. It's an insult to the 2,821 people who died at the WTC on 9/11. I hope they rise from their graves and beat the thief to death.

I hope people will realise that the bombing of thousands of innocent people doesn't justify the bombing of thousands of innocent people.

I hope people will realise that the bombing of thousands of innocent people doesn't justify the bombing of thousands of innocent people.

Americans, you know. Those with power. Total retards.

Little Faith said:

We did not bomb thousands of innocent people. We bombed hundreds of military and infrastructure buildings and killed hundreds of enemy fighters. Also, terrorists have a way of forcing the enemy to kill civilians and spreading the word to make their enemies look bad. Dirty little bastards! :)

Fredrik said:

Americans, you know. Those with power. Total retards.

Europeans, you know. Those with extreme left-wing viewpoints. Total retards.

We did not bomb thousands of innocent people. We bombed hundreds of military and infrastructure buildings and killed hundreds of enemy fighters.

I'm sure that in American television, they don't even mention the hundreds of civilians those bombs also kill?

Also, terrorists have a way of forcing the enemy to kill civilians and spreading the word to make their enemies look bad. Dirty little bastards! :)

So you are not spreading the word to make your enemies look bad? I will hereby laugh if you allow me.

Where? Most governments in Europe are liberal. Not a single one extreme left-wing.

Walk away, me boys, walk away, me boys,
And by morning we'll be free,
Wipe that golden tear from your mother-dear
And raise what's left of the flag for me!

Did they ever compensate the owner of that boat for stealing their flag and parading it around the country?

Woolie Wool said:

Have you been paying attention lately? A lot of Europe's countries are now heading for a right-wing-government.

the_Danarchist said:

Ah...I guess I was looking at it from the wrong direction this whole time.

Heh, it's the Dutch flag, but with a little imagination it looks like the US flag. Both flags share the exact same colors.

Woolie Wool said:

I just heard on the news that the flag at the World Trade Center's remains, taken from a yacht and raised at the former WTC by firefighters, is missing. Comments, anyone?

Perhaps someone finally decided to do the right thing and burn it. According to "The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America and found in detail in the United States Code." The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.That part always amuses me, that people get uptight when someone burns the flag, but it is the accepted way to destroy one.

Woolie Wool said:

The theft of the flag fron the WTC is an atrocity. It's an insult to the 2,821 people who died at the WTC on 9/11. I hope they rise from their graves and beat the thief to death.

That is an insult to the non Americans that are in that total.The flag means nothing to them.
It seems you got the wrong impression, it's not been stolen at all...

The New York Times reported Wednesday that city officials have traced the errant flag as far back as its Sept. 23 appearance in Yankee Stadium. They believe the original flag may have been accidentally switched or misplaced sometime between Sept. 11 and that event.

Fredrik said:

Freedom of expression damnit. Why are the rules for the flag so strict?

It is the symbol that represents our country. Would you be upset if some guy wiped his ass and pissed on the flag of Sweden? Fodders, would you not be upset if somebody took the British flag and used it on their garage floor while changing their oil?

fodders said:

Perhaps someone finally decided to do the right thing and burn it. According to "The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America and found in detail in the United States Code." The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.That part always amuses me, that people get uptight when someone burns the flag, but it is the accepted way to destroy one.

We have the exact same laws about flags here in Denmark. The idea is that the emblem of the nation should not be used as rags, patches or other lowly means.

Neither should you make fun of the flag by altering anything on it. Even if it's an old and out-of-use flag. The not-to-be-used-any-longer flag must be totally obliterated, as by being burned to ashes.

fodders said:

...It seems you got the wrong impression, it's not been stolen at all...

Hahahaha, Woolie Wool got pwned.

bigbadgangsta said:

...would you not be upset if somebody took the British flag and used it on their garage floor while changing their oil?

I couldn't care less if someone did that with a Scottish flag, it's not like it hurts my country or anything. However, planting an American flag on the site where many nationalities died pisses me off. It's disrespectful to all the other nations that suffered losses - and gives the impression that only the American deaths were important.

ZarcyB said:

However, planting an American flag on the site where many nationalities died pisses me off. It's disrespectful to all the other nations that suffered losses - and gives the impression that only the American deaths were important.

Well, many Americans, myself included feel that the deaths of many non-Americans was as equally important as the deaths of Americans at the World Trade Center. The loss of human life, no matter the nationality, is sad.

bigbadgangsta said:

It is the symbol that represents our country. Would you be upset if some guy wiped his ass and pissed on the flag of Sweden? Fodders, would you not be upset if somebody took the British flag and used it on their garage floor while changing their oil?

My only point was that people get upset at seeing someone burning their flag, but it is the recommended way for destroying the flag, therefore not an insult? Your point about someone using it on their garage floor loses it's impact when you see someone wrapping their genitalia in the flag by wearing flag design underwear. If that is acceptable, what isn't?

bigbadgangsta said:
Would you be upset if some guy wiped his ass and pissed on the flag of Sweden?

No, I'd laugh my ass off. Nationalism/patriotism sucks.

bigbadgangsta said:

Well, many Americans, myself included feel that the deaths of many non-Americans was as equally important as the deaths of Americans at the World Trade Center. The loss of human life, no matter the nationality, is sad.

Good for you!

It's just asses like Woolie Wool who think that America is the greatest country in the world and the most important country who piss me off.

Woolie Wool said:

CNN? This American ass licking can only go so far.

Woolie Wool said:

We did not bomb thousands of innocent people. We bombed hundreds of military and infrastructure buildings and killed hundreds of enemy fighters. Also, terrorists have a way of forcing the enemy to kill civilians and spreading the word to make their enemies look bad. Dirty little bastards! :)

You are such a perfect example of the brainwashed American public it really isnt funny.

You know what's sick? The way the American flag has been deified post 9-11. People are worshipping the damn thing. Now I'm pretty open minded about religion, but this is just sick. The absolute devotion, the screams against the heretics... that kind of thing just disgusts me.

Actually, I'm cool with all religions, but it's the fanatical worship that troubles me. Hell, the only reason I go to church anymore is 'cuz people trust me to help out.

As far as I can tell, the flag being touted around the world as the symbol of 9/11 held no honour. It was stolen from that yacht, perhaps someone substituting it for an untainted one now gives it some honour.

Fredrik said:

So you are not spreading the word to make your enemies look bad? I will hereby laugh if you allow me.

You misunderstood my statement. Al-Qaeda was not fighting a war against us until after 9/11. We did not want them to kill 2,821 of our people. We did not ever use civilians as living shields. In fact, 9/11 was the first attack on mainland America since 1814. What I meant was terrorists and guerillas MAKE the enemy kill civilians by DELIBERATELY placing them in harm's way to stir international outrage against their enemies. If you think we wanted Mohammed Atta and his 19 buddies to crash airplanes into the Pentagon and WTC, you are a Grade A IMBECILE.

fraggle said:

You are such a perfect example of the brainwashed American public it really isnt funny.

Speak for yourself, Briton. Tour programming consists solely of two government-controlled BBC stations. Usually, state-controlled TV channels are slanted towards the controlling government's point of view and the stations content undergoes harsh censorship.