Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Hadephobia demos [-complevel 9]

Map 30 Pacifist in 0:32

This run is a horrible abomination of luck. Tight space with 2 archviles and 2 pain elementals where you have to run around pressing 5 switches. Previous run was 39 by cannonball, but it was on an old version that had some kind of exploit (I guess?), so this is new for the current map.

hph30p032.zip

I'm going to have to get around to watching all these sometime soon. Nice one man mission Kraflab.

purist said:

I'm going to have to get around to watching all these sometime soon. Nice one man mission Kraflab.

Map 29 Pacifist in 1:00

cannonball had a 1:07 UV-Speed here. The skeleton of the route is the same, but I took it more aggressively. UV-Speed could probably only save a second over pacifist (for optimal times), so I don't really think doing a second run is necessary.

Video

hph29p100.zip

My sensitivity is absurdly high, I just move a certain way I guess. Well, I'm glad you like my movement style anyway :P

I measured it out, cause maybe "high sensitivity" means different things to different people.

360° = a bit less than one inch of movement

rehelekretep said:

kraflab (or others): whats the appeal of stroller? i dont get it :(

Stroller is a pretty interesting category. It changes things dramatically, not just in difficulty but in the gameplay itself. The movement is different (it may seem trivial but if you're doing an IL that you want to optimize, it still has its nuances), the way you need to approach situations and enemies is different, and the tricks are different.

This is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztFMmzutSEU
First of all, I can only make the jump to the key bars by taking a mancubus blast (the damage propels me faster than walking speed). Then, I have to do a rocket jump to overcome what normally is a trivial gap. That's the same thing I do in map 20 above.

You also have the comedic element, because these runs are just inevitably silly looking. It's cool to see a map beaten without firing a shot or even running, to me anyway.