Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trycon

Vulkan Support for Doom is now Live

It....ain't faster for me? On a Titan (non-X). It's even couple of FPS slower?
Haven't tried it on the 980 yet.

Guess I'll have to do some tinkering to find out why it's (slightly) slower on my end.

Still, thumbs up for id to bring Vulkan support!!!

It also does not support sli or crossfire as of current, so if you're using dual gpu... Vulkan is not for you (yet).

Ithe does, however, support asynchronous compute if you have a AMD gpu. For Nvidia gpu users, asynch compute support will come in later patch.

Buckshot said:

It also does not support sli or crossfire as of current, so if you're using dual gpu... Vulkan is not for you (yet).

Ithe does, however, support asynchronous compute if you have a AMD gpu. For Nvidia gpu users, asynch compute support will come in later patch.

OpenGL version doesn't support SLI or CrossFireX either.

Just tried it on my 980 machine. Disabled SLI, so only running on one GPU.

Still nothing gained.

Plasma Gun, how does it behave on a 1080? Do you see the FPS increase that was implied in that nvidia video?

Just to make sure: I don't want to talk anything of this down, I am just interested in what GPU really shines with Vulkan.

Tried some multiplayer on my 290x at 1440p. I maxed everything out except for shadows and I'm getting 20-30 more FPS. Helix, a map that gives me performance issues now runs at 70+ fps. On average, the game runs at around 100fps.

Don't forget, this update requires new drivers.

tuo said:

Just tried it on my 980 machine. Disabled SLI, so only running on one GPU.

Still nothing gained.

Plasma Gun, how does it behave on a 1080? Do you see the FPS increase that was implied in that nvidia video?

Just to make sure: I don't want to talk anything of this down, I am just interested in what GPU really shines with Vulkan.

No noticeable difference in the few scenes I've tested so far, but the 1080 was already blazing through this game at well over 100 fps (often pegging 144fps, the refresh rate of my monitor).

Will do some more extensive testing when I'm off work.

I have a laptop with a 940M. I wonder if I'll see any benefit. I just switched out my HDD so I'll have to find out after 5 hours of downloading.

Ugh, How do i switch back to Ogl 4.5 ?, The game is freezing on startup with that New Vulkan .
EDIT : Removed save files, crap i lost my profiles .
EDIT #2 : Wait no, They're still There, Thanks god .

Plasma Gun said:

No noticeable difference in the few scenes I've tested so far, but the 1080 was already blazing through this game at well over 100 fps (often pegging 144fps, the refresh rate of my monitor).

Will do some more extensive testing when I'm off work.

Thank you!

Okay, so I don't have some screwup in one of my machines.

Still I welcome one of the first Vulkan adaptions. It would have been awesome of we get 10% or 15% plus of FPS from it (like it was "advertised"), but it looks like that isn't the case.

Let's see where it goes from this.

methy said:

Doesn't work on NIVIDIA's 2GB video cards on Windows 7.

Oh well...

You're not missing much at the moment

antiriad said:

Zotac GTX 970, new drivers and I get lower performances with Vulkan. Is this possible?

Yep. NVIDIA users should stick to OpenGL 4.5.

Plasma Gun said:

Yep. NVIDIA users should stick to OpenGL 4.5.

Why performance increase should be AMD only?

A quick and dirty comparison video I did. Seems like a 10-30% framerate increase across the board, and less prone to micro framerate "hiccups". Fucking cool if you ask me

I'm not joking around here, I got the new driver installed and everything and the max FPS I reached in THE FIRST LEVEL on Vulkan, got me up to like 70fps max, while OGL 4.5 gets me to 120 minimum..

Running an I5 4690K + GTX 980ti. (32GB of ram so it's not that either).
My guess is they just rushed this update due to the high demand of it and people complaining it took too long, and they didn't even work out all the bugs and haven't properly tested it.

Personally, I'll stick with OpenGL.

When I switch to Vulkan I have a lot of stuttering (to avoid that I must deactivate adaptive VSync) and I feel some kind of input lag. No noticeable improvements in frame rate, only problems.

My GPU is a Zotac GTX 970 and level tested is Foundry.

massivefanofdoom said:

same card I got that's great, may I ask what resolution your monitor has?

1920x1080@144hz, all settings cranked, latest drivers.

Mind you this is in the level 'The UAC'. I think this level in general is one of the lesser demanding ones.

ReFracture said:

1920x1080@144hz, all settings cranked, latest drivers.

Mind you this is in the level 'The UAC'. I think this level in general is one of the lesser demanding ones.

great, thanks

I switched to Vulkan, and now the game simply refuses to start. Great. 'Gonna edit cfg file manually to solve this problem.

antares031 said:

I switched to Vulkan, and now the game simply refuses to start. Great. 'Gonna edit cfg file manually to solve this problem.

I Saw no option for it so i simply removed them, Luckily i lost nothing (Profiles and progress remained) .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Saw no option for it so i simply removed them, Luckily i lost nothing (Profiles and progress remained) .

I've just edited DOOMConfig.local from savefile folder and now it's working. Changing r_renderAPI "1" to "0" will restore the option to OpenGL.