Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterFuton

Using Integers for Scaling

Does anyone have any good tutorials for how to setup and use integers in snapmap? I'm trying to scale player damage output based on player count using the tutorial here: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/23549?start=0&tstart=0 but I'm a bit lost right at the beginning because the tutorial assumes people know how to make and use integers and I can't find any tutorials for that anywhere.

WELL intergers is a numerical value that can be stored in the Snapmap memory for future use. You first create an interger system, by setting an interger down, and giving it a symbol. Like so:
(:D) "pretend this is a legit image in Snapmap"

Now anytime you code with intergers, you choose the interger you made as the interger that changes value! So you use {:D} everytime you're using intergers for logic.

Now whenever you want to use the interger to set a logic output, you use the "compare interger" value. Looks like this:
[2] = [2]

Once placed, click on the compare interger property, hold options, and select the interger you created! This will now use whatever the value the interger currently has, and compare it to the other value, which could be a number, or another interger value!
So the properties has this:
LHS = (:D)
RHS = 4

Now you can click it, set the many output options available, and start the logic!
So in the end, the entire code for intergers should like something like this:

Trigger --- Test --- Interger Compare {(:D),[4]} ----- If value is [>] ----- Remove Baron

Hope this somewhat helped. If not, there's a reference thing you can check in the Snapmap menu. That can help too!

An integer is just a whole number that gets tracked throughout the entire map. You can change this number at any time. That's all it is, don't overthink it.

Well, to do what you're asking

Player Proxy - > on match joined -> add 1 to player tracking integer -> on changed - compare player tracking integer -> on equal-> player proxy -> set modifier

So, you first need to create an integer that tracks the number of players that have joined the match. You can name it whatever you want.

You use player proxy to indicate when a player joins the match to do something (the something in this case is add 1 to the player tracking integer).

So each time a player joins the match, the player tracking integer will go up by 1.

Now, computers are very simple in their language, so each time a person joins the match, the computer needs to compare the integer with the values, so that's why you need compare values for 1, 2, 3, and 4 whenever the integer changes(people). Plus, it's useful to have this setup in case someone leaves halfway through the match (the buffs will adjust).

If you're looking to modify the base damage for a player, I'd recommend using a number instead of an integer. All base player stats are number-based, and if you use integers you'll need to do a conversion to number to apply them anyway.

Also note that numbers are percentages.

0.01 = 1%
0.1 = 10%
0.5 = 50%
1.0 = 100%

VentedPennies said:

Yeah, that's true. I interpreted that he just wanted to track the amount of people and then he'll manually input the buff values.

That's right.

Thanks again for the help. Thanks to everyone who helped I've now got a setup that allows scaling for all of my maps going forwards starting with my newest map Toxic Carnage (9EJFALKM)! Hopefully I'll be able to go back and edit my two older maps with the new system while keeping their flow.