Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

sm.pk3 - Upcoming Sentient Mushes IWAD. (Still as a CQ3 PWAD!)

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REDIRECTED TO THE CHEX QUEST FAN FORUMS! PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DISPLAY THE NEW THREAD. OLD THREAT AS FOLLOWS:

Spoiler

Hello all! :D

For these that were wondering, no, I weren't away (though if it makes you happy, I will be). I were just extremely depressed with the leave of darkstone, and with nothing to do, even in Doomworld.

So what did I decided to do? As a memorial to our roleplays, the best thing I could do in darkstone's honor would be a IWAD.

'WTF, a IWAD?!?!?!?! It's too hard! And don't expect us to help you with it." Fine, I do it alone, and it'll take more time for the final version to reach you and anyone else.

Currently it's just available as a small PK3 (tested in Chex Quest 3 (which is free btw), but should work anywhere). But it's already quite some stuff done so I will show what I already have:

v0.1:
- Rockox

- Wyvern Paw

- A Test Map (TEXTEST)
- 6 New Custom Musics
- Some Textures and Flats
v0.2:
- Some sounds for the guns and etc
- A tree for decoration!
- A MAPINFO entry for TEXTEST

Feel free to mess with it! :D

Ok, my work sucks, but I will livestream a new version of this 3 hour and 30 minutes after this post, and I just wanted to warn. Also, if I just edit my thread, it would be useless since no one would give a shit (attention's always in the first page of the "newspaper")...

Check it out here!

EDIT: Oh, and meanwhile, I'll livestream the SLADE3 edits on twitch. :)

Ooh, that remembers me of when he did his entry to Castle Dasböurg. So much time ago, and it was a nice map, but all of a sudden stuff started getting shitty... Were it someone else? My bad.

It's best not to address things like that at all, especially long-since-gone incidents like that. People who leap at every opportunity they can to give the most destructive kind of comments possible really aren't worth your time, honestly. Wait for the well-meant and hopefully constructive stuff to come through and spend your time and energy on that.

Would you give some proper context or explantion of what will this wad be about at least? Also posting this now is useless as you don't have anything to show. So far you have few ugly sprites that clash horribly with the hi-res textures and the flats that have a look of "taken from a free-textures site" or google. My impression is that you are biting off more than you can chew and you don't any idea of what you are actually doing and why. Basically it's the same thing you did few months ago with that Swat TC.

gaspe said:

Would you give some proper context or explantion of what will this wad be about at least? Also posting this now is useless as you don't have anything to show. So far you have few ugly sprites that clash horribly with the hi-res textures and the flats that have a look of "taken from a free-textures site" or google. My impression is that you are biting off more than you can chew and you don't any idea of what you are actually doing and why. Basically it's the same thing you did few months ago with that Swat TC.

This WAD will be about Sentient Mushes, a story built by me and darkstone inspired by Mush (and the mushes do also feature here, as fungi though). More specifically, after the events of that, where the protagonist (an infected yellow or orange wyvern) was going to visit Earth, as a touristical travel to it from a new planet in the storyboard named Haedrum, but as the spaceship was going to land it is taken down by mysterious alien forces (thus the subtitle "Unknown Alien Threat") and a small alien squad of unknown race comes to patrol the area.

However, the wyvern survives, unlike most of the people in the spaceship, and runs from the patrolling.

As he snags a pistol, and cleans his paws, he must clean up his way uphill to the base, kill/stealth through any incoming alien patrollers before they activate the Alarms and enter the base where he will meet an escape to Radeo (an spaceship, that as well will be captured further in this story, to meet a RtCW-like episode of storyboard).

That SWAT TC was a failed piece of shit that wasn't even kickstarted. Now I'm much more experienced and I know what I'm doing. Don't worry bro.

Also, ugly sprites? Does it explain that they came from Blender? If so, then I don't know. But Madcat called them cartoony, so for sure something is really wrong with them in fact...

And, yes, the textures didn't mean to be hi-res, and finally, I got these images from Google, making sure the website they came from would be free-texture websites only.

EDIT: I updated the link with v0.1!

Also, please don't look at this as crappy after playing through MAP01 and finding out it goes to TEXTEST and TEXTEST goes to MAP01 as well. I needed it to make sure the text screens would appear:

Sorry, just wanted to warn that I released the new OST for this IWAD.

Also, it's like 13 musics, and this project is active, I just haven't been finding much time to do it due to school, and random projects that appear suddenly, etc.

So yeah. Keep your expectations high and your fingers crossed! ;)

You haven't even made a proper level yet that got approved by the majority, why do you think making a TC with the same qualities will give you more respect and make you a better maker than then?

Off-Topic : Don't say "musics", say "songs", "MIDIs" or "tracks". Because you sound like a 2-year-old when you do the don'ts.

joe-ilya said:

You haven't even made a proper level yet that got approved by the majority,

Maybe this Doom II one?

Off-Topic : Don't say "musics", say "songs", "MIDIs" or "tracks". Because you sound like a 2-year-old when you do the don'ts.

As if someone else did actually care for that.

Good stuff Jimmy.

joe-ilya said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpn7_JPrE8

Sounds to me like a non-native English speaker or someone who isn't familiar with English's every nuance (which isn't a bad thing). But since we're going there, look who's talking :D

On-topic: at first all I could think was "that looks an awful lot like Chex Quest..." then I saw the 3rd screenie and had to laugh. I was expecting an iWad, not a pWad, though I will say smart move matching your artwork with that from Chex Quest, it sticks out less. Consistency is important, as mentioned by gaspe.

Fonze said:

I was expecting an iWad, not a pWad, though I will say smart move matching your artwork with that from Chex Quest, it sticks out less. Consistency is important, as mentioned by gaspe.

Yes, the Chex-like looks were not exactly what I meant, but I liked the result.

Also, this *will* become an IWAD after being completed (it's like tiny right now), refined and tested. These are the Three Critical Steps.

Gustavo6046 said:

While I can't work on Sentient Mushes (for a while)...

Why can't I work on Sentient Mushes? Well, it's getting boring and uninteresting, and people wasn't contributing the mood either. I'd like though some sprites (check the DECORATE in the root of the pk3; it has a list of all actors there will be ingame (plus others that will appear during development) and you may pick one of them that are still "Coming Soon" to give sprites!) and maps. :)

Well this project lasted long

Fonze said:

Well this project lasted long

Once I get more interest, it'll last even longer. Maybe it'll even be finished. No final sentence yet.

Oh, I wanted to show my new dragon sprite sheet:

If it's good, I'll do more sprites for the actors in the project. (I'll also redo that awful tree, lol)

(I changed the player pawn from Wyvern to Dragon, because the wyvern only has two feet and can't hold weapons.)