Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

What do you think of ERB?

After looking at the ScrewAttack thread here, I was also thinking about another channel doing battles with famous characters: Epic Rap Battles of History

What do you people think about ERB? Is it entertaining for you? Does it cross over any lines? Do feel that its biased? Are you satisfied with the quality?

I have a positive praise for those guys. What about you?

Spoiler

Who do you think Doomguy/Doomslayer would go up against, since Master Chief was used for the Master Chief vs Leonidas?

Haven't watched ERB in ages. Some of them are pretty good, I guess. I remember liking Hitler vs. Vader.

Quite the fan of ERB. Their raps is in good taste but still unafraid to cut deep or push boundaries. I don't find them too bias in anything really... well maybe with exception to the Bruce Jenner vs Hulk episode. Honestly they could of trashed Jenner way more than they did but I think they went the safe route to avoid controversy. I could be the bias one though, I think that Jenner is an abomination and shouldn't be praised, especially after running over an innocent person.

Deadpool vs Boba Fett, Shaka Zulu vs Caesar, Eastern vs Western Philosophers and Romero / Juliet vs Bonnie / Clyde are some more recent quality contributions I vouch for. I still view them fairly commonly. Lots of research DO go into their characters and it's easy to miss quite a few references without being fairly knowledgeable of the characters and history.

Chezza said:

...well maybe with exception to the Bruce Jenner vs Hulk episode.

Exactly. That's the only ERB video that I disliked so far. Other than that, their videos are quite fun to watch. But I highly doubt that they're going to feature Doomguy to their show.

They had Master Chief, Deadpool, Darth Vader, Terminator, TMNT, etc.

I don't see why Doomguy can't. Although maybe the lack of a formidable opponent maybe the reason.

I thought Doomguy couldn't talk though. What would he sound like?

Using the accent from his grunts ingame, one can make out how he sounds like.

But his personality, remains a mystery mostly.

Voros said:

But his personality, remains a mystery mostly.

Not really. Quake 3 Arena describes him as "distracted and intelligent sounding", and Doomslayer is just really angry.

On topic, I like ERB, my favorite being Alfred Hitchcock vs. Steven Spielberg.
If Doomguy had to go up against anybody, it would be Duke Nukem.

ERB is awful and very cringy, too highly polished for one and it's just dumb in general.

I like it.

This past season has been hit-or-miss, though, and the Bruce Banner/Bruce Jenner thing was awful.

They need to steer clear of current heated political issues, in my opinion. That's an open road to disaster. They're better off using non-political historical figures, fictional characters, or past political figures that pretty much every rational minded person has a consensus about. Riding off of controversies and hot button issues comes off as desperate to me.

but Jenner is not Jenner. Jenner is transsexuality and not a person. Transsexuality cannot drive a car, all it can do is either be a force of good or force of evil. This is due to many limitations of You Tube, it wouldn't work another way.

RaphaelMode said:

but Jenner is not Jenner. Jenner is transsexuality and not a person. Transsexuality cannot drive a car, all it can do is either be a force of good or force of evil. This is due to many limitations of You Tube, it wouldn't work another way.

Your words are clearly words of wisdom, you're a true God my friend.

Anyways, I've never had interest in ERB, but I suppose I should check it out.