Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

The Shottiest Challenge

While I can't work on Sentient Mushes (for a while), I can do some hard Doom II map with archviles, all weapons (but still hard), and non-linear layout (if I know what non-linear means). It does also play quite a bit with heights.

- Also, it's for ZDoomBoom-based source-ports!
- Beatable.
- No difficulty levels.
- Fun!
- Tested for bugs, no bugs have been found so far. ;)
- Tasty! No wait, I mean, that for my pet pinkie.

I have uploaded a previous version in /idgames though (still making it's way out from incoming, though), and I don't know if I should reupload in the same folder.

Why can't I work on Sentient Mushes? Well, it's getting boring and uninteresting, and people wasn't contributing the mood either. I'd like though some sprites (check the DECORATE in the root of the pk3; it has a list of all actors there will be ingame (plus others that will appear during development) and you may pick one of them that are still "Coming Soon" to give sprites!) and maps. :)

Also, it might seem I am posting way too quickly here, but I have been working in this map for like a week, and it have been some time anyways since the last update in my Doom II maps.

Bon appetit! Whoops, wasn't talking to you, but to my pet pinkie.

I just finished it in 9 minutes, and definitely a fun map.

I also apparently managed to accidentally complete it.. Seriously, I was shooting at an Arch-vile and the level ended with a whole pit of enemies left.. Was that intentional?

LittleInferno said:

I also apparently managed to accidentally complete it.. Seriously, I was shooting at an Arch-vile and the level ended with a whole pit of enemies left.. Was that intentional?

Which archie? The one at the exit teleporter? Oh, of course. I should mark it the exit...

Also, fun fact: my PC won't run this map even 9 minutes, it's back into the board of overheating! And it's too bad having to clean the notebook's coolers all the time.

Maybe the coolers aren't working, in fact? Or maybe something shittier is happening...

Gustavo6046 said:

Which archie? The one at the exit teleporter? Oh, of course. I should mark it the exit...

I'm not sure if it was the one at the exit teleporter. It was on the lift in the first area of the map.

LittleInferno said:

I'm not sure if it was the one at the exit teleporter. It was on the lift in the first area of the map.

The lift was golden? If so, then actually it's a 360° alcove, and inside it is the exit teleporter!

Gustavo6046 said:

The lift was golden? If so, then actually it's a 360° alcove, and inside it is the exit teleporter!

Oh! you mean that one?

Oh fuck! I know it all now. I accidentally walked into the lift.. And no, the Arch was on the silver pentagram lift, but actually came from the exit.

LittleInferno said:

Oh! you mean that one?

http://i.imgur.com/AIxYhG9.png

Oh fuck! I know it all now. I accidentally walked into the lift.. And no, the Arch was on the silver pentagram lift, but actually came from the exit.

Yep.

Oh, and if you are willing to do a FDA, because now you can run the map in PrBoom+!

Gustavo6046 said:

Oh, and if you are willing to do a FDA, because now you can run the map in PrBoom+!

Eh.. I probably won't with the fact that toddlers do better than me. 3 Or 4> deaths in that map on Ultra-Violence. Good map either way. :)

LittleInferno said:

on Ultra-Violence

Gustavo6046 said:

- No difficulty levels.

Anyways, thanks :)