Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Winter has come - 2 versions. Sequel to Winter is coming

So, I put out two versions of this map - the hard version for the hardcore and the "easy" version (not really that easy) for those who just want to run and gun. Have fun!

Here are the two codes. Enjoy.

3WHFAYSU (regular)
LCHPX5JL: (easy)

Be sure to upvote if you enjoy it.

The code for the regular version doesn't seem to work, so I played the easy version.

Gameplay: 2/5 - too easy (might just be the version I played). Also, the first two times I played the map, the game didn't seem to load all of the enemies so the door wouldn't open. It worked the third time though.

Sound: 2/5 - music when it is there is good, but most of the map is pretty silent; which makes it drag a little since you can't see much beyond 2ft you really notice the lack of sound. If you don't want to use too much music, room tones and 3d sounds might have been a good addition.

Map Design: 4/5 - good layout and the smoke made for a nice gimmick.

Overall: 3/5 - All in all I enjoyed it; but I think the super shotgun really made it too easy.

MasterFuton said:

The code for the regular version doesn't seem to work, so I played the easy version.

Gameplay: 2/5 - too easy (might just be the version I played). Also, the first two times I played the map, the game didn't seem to load all of the enemies so the door wouldn't open. It worked the third time though.

Sound: 2/5 - music when it is there is good, but most of the map is pretty silent; which makes it drag a little since you can't see much beyond 2ft you really notice the lack of sound. If you don't want to use too much music, room tones and 3d sounds might have been a good addition.

Map Design: 4/5 - good layout and the smoke made for a nice gimmick.

Overall: 3/5 - All in all I enjoyed it; but I think the super shotgun really made it too easy.

Didn't work? I had my son test it like literally before I submitted it. It played fine. ? And, they literally came from the exact same code. All I did was change the gameplay so that AI dropped stuff for the easy version rather than having to do glory kills.

Did anyone else experience the same thing with the regular version? If so, I'll take it down (is that possible?) and replace it with something that is working.
So weird

I think I'm going back to mapping for Doom 2. I've had too many issues with the coding breaking on these things...

DMGUYDZ64 said:

^ Lol gave up so early .

This shit is way too frustrating. Having to keep a constant stream of backups because the coding fails is ridiculous and then to playtest a map thoroughly with 3 different people, submit it and have it fail. bs

So, I downloaded it and sure enough, it failed in the 2nd room. Just didn't spawn what it was supposed to. Ah well. Good thing I held on to some older versions. Now I just have to figure out if I can remove the version that is on there. That's a damn shame. It's a good fight. I'll get it fixed though

I "unsubmitted" the regular one. I'll work on it today. Probably just a couple tweaks to get it right as rain again. lol (hopefully)