Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Snapmap suffers from major bugs!

"on encounter finished" just refers to all the demons being spawned, not killed.

It's counter-intuitive but there it is.

Do, on demon killed -> count -> on 6 dead -> spawn new encounter.

Yup, snapmap.

hardcore_gamer said:

Are you suffering from bugs in snapmap like triggers/events not working?

Nothing but. I don't even do anything complex - just - this guy dies, it spawns (whatever). and it works fine. Then it doesn't. For no apparent reason.

If there's code in between, it might be messing the logic. I don't know too much about box triggers not working, I've only run into the issue when I tried to place them too close together.

Mooky said:

OK. So I "snapped" a map, started populating it with "custom group encounters" (because the pre-fab "group encounter" has no decent choices). Each "custom group encounter" has no more than 6 monsters in. When I end an encounter (i.e. "encounter finished" option), I trigger another one in a logic chain (4 altogether). But then the problem is: the next encounter starts when the actual monsters are still alive! So I set an input/output delay for each subsequent encounter, but then I see a random mess of monsters spawning...

Is it me or is it the same problem as above? I checked the snapwiki but it's just the same blurb as in the editor: no explanation for what a "finished encounter" actually means. I thought if I set a custom encounter with 5 demons, I have to *kill* them all to make it *finish*, which triggers the next instruction in the logic chain.

Its sounds like you have it set to when you kill a demon from the first wave it start the next. Is the Icon on the node a knife or a pause button? If its the knife that means that once you kill a demon from that wave it will trigger whatever that node its connected to.

VentedPennies said:

"on encounter finished" just refers to all the demons being spawned, not killed.

Yup, snapmap.

Thank you. So they should've named it "on spawning finished", but well... A programmer's mind is not an ordinary mind. You know the story, when the wife says to the programmer: "Darling, go buy milk and if you see the eggs, buy six of them." He returns with 6 packs of milk. The missus questions him: "Why did you buy six of the milk?" He says: "I saw the eggs!"

HALFRATS PS4 said:

It sounds like you have it set to when you kill a demon from the first wave it start the next. Is the Icon on the node a knife or a pause button? If its the knife that means that once you kill a demon from that wave it will trigger whatever that node its connected to.

No, it was the "pause/start" icon, not the knife (the description was clear on that). That's why I thought "encounter finished" meant "all demons killed"... In my logic chains, everything was triggered by these switches (door open, music stopped), so I created the living chaos, basically. Well, back to the drawing board.

VentedPennies said:

Yup, snapmap.

Seriously? That's fucked up. But I'll keep it in mind for future reference

Maybe I'm wrong, but not at home to test. I just know after I thought of it that way, I haven't had issues with multiple custom group spawns. /shrug

To op. All engines have rules that apply before the editor rules apply. I've had the game 5 days and already figured out these basics. If you place demons you have to hide them or else they count towards a I spawned. Keep this in mind when trying to spawn 5 encounters at once. Instead your better of using raid mechanics and having buffs on less monsters and on aI killed from group a to buff or heal group b. Events can't do this but custom groups, groups and individual ai spawned can use an on aI killed. You just have to be creative. I.e. a baron spawned with 1000% health and a separate ai that when dies nerds it's health to normal. In order to learn you have to do and tear apart other people's maps to see how they do it as well.

What snap map is missing is outdoor play sets or parallaxed sky tiles besides windows. Moveable objects i.e elevators. Ai speed modifiers. Revenants, spiderminds, demon player options besides baron, 5+ multiplayer, and good matchmaking. Other then that there is no better editor with more options. There should be some kind of module builder, but that may just be that way to keep stuff from getting too big and unstable.

I don't think this is right. On wave finished means once you've killed all in that wave. This is how I spawn my boss in my boss waves. Once my miniboss wave is all killed off it spawns my final boss. I have used this multiple times on waves. On waved finished has always triggered AFTER I've killed that entire wave.

I can't check it now, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the wave encounters are different from simple group encounters. The strange thing is, in another area of my map everything works perfectly when I trigger 3 custom group spawns + 2 single spawns simultaneously (12 demons altogether, yes) in interconnected modules. But when I do the group spawns as a sequence, now using the kill count method as suggested, it is still random: the first group of 6 spawns at once, some others spawn demons one by one.

And yes, it could be the engine vs editor, though. Sorry, it is my first map, I am still learning. I avoid making arenas and lockdowns and waves. Let's face it, the lockdown events are boring and make maps all the same. I want to make a map that (first of all) I can enjoy, and so far I enjoyed those maps where I could decide where I want to encounter an enemy. And I don't mean running away and grenading a baron to pieces when it's stuck in a door that demons can't open... Doors are the other issue to overcome, there's too many, modules can only join through doorways.

Edit: as I suspected, the problem arises when I try to spawn demons across several modules as separate encounters. No matter what triggers the next event/encounter, the engine won't handle that. It will fail to spawn the encounter, or it will give random results (even well below the limit of 12). The triggers always work, I tested that: pickups appear, doors open, music starts/stops etc. Sometimes the first encounter repeats, while the later ones fail to spawn any demons. Yep, the "one module arena" type of play seems to be hardcoded.