Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

GMP 3: "Walls of Hell"

After seeing my Community Project ended shortly after starting due to no activity, maybe I have to contribute some musics of nowadays, where I have improved in rythm, melody coalition and time signatures.

So I'd like to present
Walls of Hell!!

Metal, electronic, and one breeze of sadness invade the place!

Countdown to the Best:

5. Dead Boredom
4. The Trip of a Sad Life
3. Market Chaos (though you should already know it from the Musical Redemption's OP)
2. The Militia in the Future

Get Prepared!
1. Lost Alien (Sentient Mushes© theme music)

As always, tell your thoughs, and have a good night! :)
-Gustavo

(PS: Sentient Mushes is a upcoming story around this sci-fi sketch, based on a 2013 browser RPG and in darkstone's storyboard expansion he used during our IRC roleplays.)

You know what? These aren't half bad actually. First track is a little repetitive and I'm not a fan of "market chaos" but, the rest is quite decent.

I think it needs a little tweaking IMO but, you have indeed improved. Granted, I'm no expert when it comes to music composing so I'll leave the technical stuff to them but, it's still quite nice.

Keep going.

The_Trigger said:

You know what? These aren't half bad actually. First track is a little repetitive and I'm not a fan of "market chaos" but, the rest is quite decent.

I think it needs a little tweaking IMO but, you have indeed improved. Granted, I'm no expert when it comes to music composing so I'll leave the technical stuff to them but, it's still quite nice.

Keep going.

Grateful.

Yes, I do think some musics need tweaking, but for me Market Chaos is just a happy music. I'm not exactly feeling it's actually good, I just think it could be a good break from the intense ones.

Dead Boredom - Hello, Funkytown dot mid. Marimba and trombone seem to be clashing an awful lot. Percussion seems erratic but at least it keeps the beat for the most part. Not a bad effort but this needs a lot of refining.

The Trip of a Sad Life - Starts out coherent enough, but rapidly devolves. Seems stream-of-consciousness, through-composed I guess - every idea is incredibly detached. There's some interesting stuff in here, but there needs to be waaayyy more than just piano going on in this to justify the 5:57 length, I feel. DNF - stopped listening at around 4:30 when that single chord gets repeated several dozen times.

Market Chaos - This seems like a strange take on Mark Klem's Nothing To Brag About (aka. Rumble in the Brain), or maybe his more well-known Path of Destruction (aka. Neverever). I may be biased by the connection I feel here to one of my all-time musical heroes, but in my opinion this song could actually be souped up and made into a full-fledged Doom track, in the general vein of Klem. Needs coherence, though, and much better, more varied drum line. But seriously listen to Klem.

The Militia in the Future - This is kind of just noise. I'm afraid I can't really latch onto anything in here to give you insight. Please don't make another midi like this. :(

Lost Alien - Not bad! Drums are a bit of a mess and panned hard left when you want them in the center pretty much always (at least when dealing with MIDI). I'd come back to this at some later point if I were you, and really flesh it out, because there's actually quite a bit of very workable material here. It kind of loses track of itself towards the end, though. Otherwise, yeah, definitely the best here.