Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Cell said:

A few images from a map that's been in progress for more than 4 years, called "Aquaduct System"

Lovely.

Happy day for me; couple of my favorite mappers post some pretty pics!

Z0k said:

and after 3 months in development i hope will worth the wait.

now it just matter of time to DMPhobos to finish his map so we can upload it to get some feedback. although i liked those helmet shotgun guys, no matter what, they would jump out of the platform just to have a nice spot to shoot you at the face. and i like how in the crusher area former humans and imps just avoid the crusher.

Great, great visuals, as always. I'm thrilled to hear Darkmoon will be receiving an update soon and can't wait to explore the new areas!

antares031 said:

I recently restarted to make my personal megawad:

I'm also ecstatic to hear progress will resume for Struggle; this map set is an absolute beautiful masterpiece and a ton of fun to play; though I will say I exhausted my known list of curse words 3 or 4 times over on a few levels, heh. Still, some of these levels are among the most beautiful levels I've played. The couple custom enemies and boss were a great touch, and you did a good job with the balancing of the gameplay changes.

AD: that's a cool-looking shot. I always like seeing that texture set and enjoy playing your maps. I will also say Dragonfly's recoloring of that room looked really sweet. I look forward to your "twist," heh.

In-progress remake of Downtown (pics of an earlier version were posted over on the ZDoom forum a while back):

^ Both screenshots look cool, though the latter one ruins the notion that the texture MODWALL2 is supposed to depict windows.

Nice, DRL! The vivid green highlights look so good against the desaturated blue and tan structures.

This is a super minor detail, but I think it might look nice if there was a bit more blue visible in those 32-tall gray bricks, to tie them in more.

Adding like 2000 linedefs to a map...

..worth it.

(images linked for better view)

AnonimVio said:

I've noticed a lot of copy-paste in your maps...

Yeah, in reality he just made a quartret of the area which was like 500 lines and copied it 3 more times. Now he's bragging about how many linedefs he used.

One thing that amazes me is how far some people can stretch 2k lines, as in how much of a map they can make that still looks good. It took me 2k lines just to do this:

And that was just one room.

On that note, nice use of lines to make a fairly large, interesting-looking area, Rayzik.

Sorry your pictures didn't impress Doomworld's holy tribunal of aesthetics, Rayzik. Maybe you can try again later and they might deem your offering worthy of the holy mouseclicks.

rdwpa said:

thing

Is that a UAC crate flag on a wooden boat sailing a MARBFACE sea? About to land on the shore of laptops where barons are about to throw a bonfire party.

Spoiler

DEM1_3 if you're gonna get technical with me.

^Pretty sure rdwpa is just trying to make fun of your weird and interesting(?) style.

Just a corridor from the 4-in-1 map concept I'm working on. I think it looks kind of alright!

esselfortium said:

Nice, DRL! The vivid green highlights look so good against the desaturated blue and tan structures.

This is a super minor detail, but I think it might look nice if there was a bit more blue visible in those 32-tall gray bricks, to tie them in more.

Thanks! I agree about the gray bricks so I whipped up a subtle recolor. Looks a lot better IMO.

Looks awesome, Rayzik! Those torches look amazing against the sky... and damn that looks cool Fonze, love the Heretic vibe, has a very homely feel to it. :P