Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moon Marin

New Patch 7/19

Adding weapon balance changes to - combat shotgun, super shotgun, chaingun, heavy assault rifle, plasma rifle

new games modes

'faster tdm'
'faster warpath'

sigh, no change to hell shot, I want this weapon to be viable damnit. OK going to check this out now.

wait, why are they hiding shit? there is more to this patch regarding weapons then they're saying. lightning gun is back up, weapon switch is slower, combat shotguns rof is slightly higher, ssgs rof is slightly lower, hr's accuracy is higher (just what I wanted, great choice id). still need to check out chaingun and plasma.

plasma is rocket launcher status, chaingun is g teir again. ssg damage might be higher, but slower. this patch is fucked.

looks like that patch really managed to reduce the amount of players using rocket launchers, Most of them are using SSG .

Yup, I'm glad they weakened the op rocket launcher. I still have to work much harder than most using SSG and Sniper. Hopefully this will work to my advantage.

they didn't nerf it though, and they took away weapon combos. so now it's even stronger.

Switching to Rocket Launcher is slower now, Switching speed now depends on what weapon are you switching to .

all weapon switch is slower, now we can spam rockets and be unpunished, join up with me on a game if you want to see. with RL being a self sustainable weapon, getting rid of quick switching has nullified alot of options and left RL unchecked as absolute king right now.

They really nerv it to death... SP crashes, SnapMap sucks, MP nerving. Thats not ID -its a shame! :(

^ Welp everything doesn't magically work flawlessly, SnapMap isn't that bad and will get better with Hell Modules and weapons wheel coming later, Multiplayer didn't suck that much until they decided to tune down switching speed .

They should buff the static rifle (Fast recharge rate, Burst rifle and Hellshot (fast fire rate). The shottys were bae, sad that people couldn't adjust to it and just complained about it.

the fact that you think static needs buffing nulls all other opinions that come from your username from here on out.

The static rifle takes too long to charge up. If you miss a shot you are screwed. This is why I think it should be buffed.

If you clearly miss with the combat shotgun, rocket or even vortex rifle you still have a chance of winning a gun battle. You miss with the static, you have to move in circles to wind up the static and this takes quite a few seconds. Vortex has a faster recharge rate. Static need to be balanced out. This game is fast paced ain't nobody got time to recharge their guns for 3-4 secs.

and with the static rifle charged you can move at full speed and keeping sight on everything and get subsecond kills when comboed with rockets or ssg, so don't miss, it's not a gun for everyone, you have to hit your target lol. As someone who plays with literally the best players in the world right now I know what I'm talking about. If you miss, it's your fault, not the guns. Trying to ask for balance based on lack of skill is insane, it would instantly make the static more op then it already is. Also this is why you've a second gun.

DM guy you can't compare a power weapon that does 250 damage on 1 shot to a gun that does 60 damage on full charge lol. MrGlide so what your telling me is that missing one shot with your gun makes you skill less? That is the most preposterous thing i've heard. Guns should be balanced out to where they are usable. I play with best doom players on console and I'm probably one of the best doom players on console. I could still destroy with the static rifle, but from experimenting with all weapons in the game I could tell you that static needs a faster recharge rate, it should be able to take out groups of people just like rockets and double shotty's could. With that recharge rate it makes it merely impossible to do that. You can't make one gun stronger than the other. Otherwise, everyone will just be using the overpowered guns only.

lol ok, problem is, is this game isn't just about players only having one gun one them, we've two, it's about having combinations to work with, it's the whole point and benefit of loadout gameplay. I'm done argueing with you over something so silly.(edit) So I went and watched your montage, listen, I'm not going to be an ass to you over the way you play, I don't believe in that. You Need to loosen up your aiming a bit, instead of having your camera chase them, especially with controller, you need to lead from in front of the enemies with your shots, play with what ever control sceam has jump on the bumpers so you don't have to take your thumb off of the stick. I'm not being a dick, but as an ex halo player who's actually played with members of instinct and triggers down I'v a hard time believing your best of the best console has to offer, I'm just saying you've room to improve.

Personally I like new weapons balance in Doom. Gameplay feels much better than ever. IMHO.

@lilxkev : Static is fine the way it is IMO, i've met many people who are very good with it, Quickly switching between guns when needed, You don't need to wait for it to recharge and bounce around, Switch to another weapon like ... Say Combat Shotgun in the mean time .