Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sultani

Blah, win 98 networking problems...

DLed sis900 win98 nic drivers... After I install them, it says the device is working properly, but when I go into the driver properties tab, there are NO files listed for drivers. :/ Fucking whatever... what the fuck ever... Too much BS to go through just to play on zone. :D

How are you connected to the internet right now? Different machine?
What is the NIC for, LAN or DSL or cable?

Go to Control Panel -> network. Click on the Add button and install your nic, protocols(tcp/ip, ipx etc) and services (file and printer sharing, client for microsoft networks etc).

Heh, you've been gone for a while. If that doesn't clear it up, he should probably go to device manager and delete his NIC if it's there, start over. Reboot, let Win98 find the card and ask for the drivers..blah blah. Then follow your directions about protocols, services, etc..

Biffy said:

If that doesn't clear it up, he should probably go to device manager and delete his NIC if it's there, start over. Reboot, let Win98 find the card and ask for the drivers..blah blah. Then follow your directions about protocols, services, etc..

Well yeah i've done that a bazillion times, but it never worked. Sigh. I'll have to call a computer tech. guy over to my place.

Well, thanks for the input; however, I've already tried all of those things. :P

From what I hear, it's hard to find players on zone anyway...

And also, I'm connected now because I'm dual booting with Xp (obviously everything works in XP).