Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Game really needs a launcher...

So tired of having to start the game in campaign mode and then restart it for eiter MP or snapmap. They should add a launcher so that you can pick which mode you want to start.

So much this. I always take a piss everytime starting up Doom, to try Snapmap. It's tiring, and a launcher will fix this so easily...

Ugh, add one those to launch options :

+com_GameMode 1 for Singleplayer
+com_GameMode 2 for Multiplayer
+com_GameMode 3 for SnapMap .

MrGlide said:

Hardcore_Gamer=Whiny_Gamer. allllll you do is complain. There is no win with you.

What the fuck does being "hardcore" have to do with wanting to have a common sense feature that doesn't require you to wait 5 min every time you start the game?

Right-Click you DOOM steam icon, goto Properties, enable Launch Options. Then set the following options to launch the game in whatever mode you want:

AirRaid said:

+com_gameMode 2

The other options are -

0 - ALL (don't use this, it just doesn't pre-load an option so you'll have to relaunch into whatever mode you choose)
1 - Campaign
2 - MP
3 - Snapmap
4 - Shell
5 - Mod

I don't know what 4 and 5 do.

Can even make separate shortcuts for each one. I'm sure we'll see a real launcher in no time.

hardcore_gamer said:

What the fuck does being "hardcore" have to do with wanting to have a common sense feature that doesn't require you to wait 5 min every time you start the game?

5 minutes? Is your hard-drive an eggplant?

Lol @ edwards joke, as for whiny_gamer, every thread you post is just some form of complaint. You can skip the intro and go to whatever game mode described above. If your on console then it's like any other game for the past 20 or so years so I don't get why your bitching, But as always thats what you do...

MrGlide said:

If your on console then it's like any other game for the past 20 or so years

The last few CODs and even MGSV have had options that automatically send you to the mode you want (SP or MP) right after the intro splash screens so this is a rather poor excuse. Hopefully they'll patch it in, especially on consoles where the initial loading times for Doom aren't too good.

Of course, most games don't have launchers for their separate modes, but most games don't have 2-3 separate loading screens before getting to the menu of the mode you want to play either.

Its DOOM God D@mn it and in my opinion you should be playing games on what ever console they created the game on. Oh yeah that is right every game is made on a PC. Stop buying those cheap ass one year plastic paper weights and save your money for a real rig. They only keep making them because you keep throwing your money at them. The only one you can blame for five minute wait time is the jack ass who bought your console instead of a PC. (FYI) Upgrades last longer than a console but my post is probably to long for you to read so you must have ran out to go preorder your XBOX ONE S (now with new and improved load times) LOL

CLAN#MEYER said:

Its DOOM God D@mn it and in my opinion you should be playing games on what ever console they created the game on.

The original Doom was made on the NeXTcube. I don't recall many of us buying them to play Doom.

Sure as hell didn't run DOS. Your qualifier has somehow become "Doom was made for a device with a processor and OS", which every console already has.

No, he's a professional Game Developer and you've proven yourself an ignorant Jack ass.

by the way a OS lives on a HDD OR SSD consoles just have fancy rom like menus its more like a chromebook then a PC

CLAN#MEYER said:

LOL guess you own a one year plastic brick huh

I'd say it's more a gigantic, procedurally upgraded, metal box.

CLAN#MEYER said:

by the way a OS lives on a HDD OR SSD consoles just have fancy rom like menus its more like a chromebook then a PC

The OS on the Xbox One is actually Windows 10 (originally 8), to the extent that it can run a UWP DosBox unofficially and the Windows Metro apps officially.

Thank you Potatoguy, yes DOOM is the greatest! Look here MrGlide, all I am trying to say is that you can not blame the game or the creators of the game because you made a uninformed poor hardware purchase. That sir, is your own damn fault. Do not jump in a forum bitching about the game needs this or that when it already has said features as long as you purchased the correct equipment.

Edward I am wrong about the os you are correct it does indeed live on the hdd it is no longer just a nand my apologies it is now both as of the xbox one

So here's Clan's logic:
"Doom is fun in any console! So I'll belittle you on playing Doom on the wrong console!"

Here's the thing: Is Doom fun on PC? Yes! Is Doom fun on Xbox? YES! Is Doom fun on the PS4???

Spoiler

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what you play Doom on! As long as it was fun! I play Doom on PS4 cause i had no other console that can play Doom! It just sucks that PC has a launcher option but not the consoles. This nitpick of a thread has turn into a shitstorm all because some guy must always show his PC "superiority" over everyone else.

Just enjoy Doom, ok? it's got faults here and there on different systems, but it isn't something to insult others for. All because they have a different system.

Clan is smart.

Do you expect anyone here to mindlessly cram down their throats that you're a new member and not just someone who's already on the forums with an alt account? Hahahaha

CLAN#MEYER said:

Look here MrGlide, all I am trying to say is that you can not blame the game or the creators of the game because you made a uninformed poor hardware purchase. That sir, is your own damn fault.

It's even less of a problem on consoles (xbox at least) because of the game resume function. I'v played majoraly on pc with 400+ Hours btw. All I'm trying to say is don't jump on a forum to belittle someone just because they play on console. Comically remember that these consoles are stronger then most peoples pc's. Consoles do not limit the market, they feed the market with cash to grow even more so. So don't act like a prick.

10-4 lets all just enjoy DOOM no matter how we play. Xbox 360 is what has drove me into just a frenzy of hate towards consoles sorry everyone

Welp, that escalated Quickly, All you have to do is to give false info and let shit come from Nowhere .

They'll likely bite the bait even if it's bluntly stated "Hey you it's a Bait, Don't fall for it" .