Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Would any Forum regulars be interested in buying some magic cards?

I'v quite a few nice cards I'd be willing to sell at a decent price if anyone where interested, mostly Legacy Staples. Reason I'm asking this here is I trust The forum regulars more here then I trust ebay members (and ebay sucks all around). If anyone is interested I can list the cards I'm up for selling and high quality shots. Example I'v got 3 waistlands, 3 vampiric tutors, all the goblins that are older except piledriver and a Force of will. Like I said, if any Regulars are interested here let me know.

While I'm not interested, a buddy of mine is crazy about this stuff. Go ahead and list what you have and I'll take a screenshot and text it to him and see if he's interested.

Ok, I cant find my Force of will because I got all paranoid and hid the damn thing so It's understandebly not up for sale right now. I'm getting my camra ready and looking basck through my cards finding what I'd like to sell, It's hard because I got robbed for 20 grand worth of cards two years ago and don't have the spirit to play anymore. I peice of me wants to sell them all and a peice of me wan'ts to keep some. Looking though them now. I'll be back with list and pics in a day, wont be listing anything less the 20 dollors unless hes looking for combos. Ask him if he's into flipping cards because I'v foren cards and holo's worth a good amount I'll sell to him cheap, like a holo spell peirce.

Damn, this reminds me...I have a fuckton of MTG cards in my parents basement. Bought alot back in the mid and late nineties. Stopped after Mirage or whatever the series was called came out. I guess I should look them up again. I know I have at least a couple of Force of Will (googled it and recognized it instantly).

sell buddy sell, look up everything you own, you might be sitting on a good amount of cash. Good luck.

Jesus, I don't know anything about Magic but I find that fascinating that you had 20 grand worth of cards. Sorry that got stolen.

TheWizard said:

Jesus, I don't know anything about Magic but I find that fascinating that you had 20 grand worth of cards. Sorry that got stolen.

Interesting article about a similar situation that turned out more positively. It's not something I know anything about but it's kind of fascinating how there's a community of people who value these cards so highly.

I'm personally curious about how MrGlide was robbed.

fraggle said:

I'm personally curious about how MrGlide was robbed.

Me to, my wife and I think it happend on our wedding day as it was very close to the time the cards went missing (around 20 binders with complete sets and more binders with cards I was going to flip, along with 25 decks with 10 of them being over $500 a piece, I'v been collecting for some time). A little bit into late summer my wife noticed almost all of our binders I had packed away were not there, I went and took a look and sure enough all my set binders were gone and my deck chest where gone, we called the cops, they took fingerprints but nothing turned up.

magic cards get so unruly in price because only certain quanities of the cards are printed, so when a card is good it will hold more demand ect. there are many cards that are on a "will not reprint list" by wizards of the coast to protect collectors and investors, not to mention how complicated the game can get sometimes they mess up and make a card that breaks the game a bit, these along with tourniment staples cards rack up in value very quickly. as I'v so many cards luckley not all of them are gone, I would guess I'v got 7g worth of cards left give or take. after going through my cards I'v decided I want to get back into magic and now have a nice trade pile, some I might sell online, but I will keep what staple cards I'v left for now. I'll be moving soon and will be able to secure them better.

MrGlide said:

A little bit into late summer my wife noticed almost all of our binders I had packed away were not there, I went and took a look and sure enough all my set binders were gone and my deck chest where gone, we called the cops, they took fingerprints but nothing turned up.

So they were literally just stolen from your home? That sucks. How did you not notice they were gone? Do you have any idea how they got in?

It's particularly weird because it sounds like it was a targeted robbery: normal thieves don't think to look for binders of MTG cards. Have you considered this? If you're active on MTG websites and may have given away details about your collection and location, that might be something to bear in mind.

MrGlide said:

magic cards get so unruly in price because only certain quanities of the cards are printed, so when a card is good it will hold more demand

Yeah, it's funny how markets work and how things seemingly with no intrinsic value can end up worth so much. I have a small collection of the Doom reaper miniature figurines and it's surprising just how much they go for on eBay (note to online thieves: my collection is not that big; please don't break into my house).

fraggle said:

So they were literally just stolen from your home? That sucks. How did you not notice they were gone? Do you have any idea how they got in?

ya, I had them tucked away in spots in my room, my house is quite cluttered. It was deffinetly someone I know, I'v my guesses but the only way to be sure would be illegal and the prolly fenced off the cards by now. I don't know how they got in, I assume a non-locked window. I really like the reaper minitures, I want to make my own when I get the time, prolly after I move.

@Kontra- maybie, around that era there were quite a few sets not worth but $100 bucks for the whole set minus a few cards in them, fallen empires, ice age, chronicals, the dark, alliances, homelands, mirage and visions are all worth very little now for the most part because of power creep and modern. there are select cards in all of these sets to watch out for though as they can hop up quite high, eg: force of will and lions eye diamond.

MrGlide said:

ya, I had them tucked away in spots in my room, my house is quite cluttered. It was deffinetly someone I know, I'v my guesses but the only way to be sure would be illegal and the prolly fenced off the cards by now. I don't know how they got in, I assume a non-locked window. I really like the reaper minitures, I want to make my own when I get the time, prolly after I move.

@Kontra- maybie, around that era there were quite a few sets not worth but $100 bucks for the whole set minus a few cards in them, fallen empires, ice age, chronicals, the dark, alliances, homelands, mirage and visions are all worth very little now for the most part because of power creep and modern. there are select cards in all of these sets to watch out for though as they can hop up quite high, eg: force of will and lions eye diamond.

Yep, most likely someone you know and perhaps even trusted. Sad. It's amazing how many people out there will take advantage of things, knowing they'll never get caught.