Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Parodies based on Doom comics?

Since the translated version of Doom comics got some attention to our internet community thanks to its hilarious and well-written translation, I've seen some of parody comics based on Doom comics. Some of them are shortened version, covering only a couple of first pages, such as Halo, Half-Life, Undertale, Pokemon, or full-scale total conversions, like League of Legends, unknown anime character, founder of buddhism, and even more than tens of parodies, but with inferior quality. That being said, however, I've never seen any doom comics parodies from other countries. So, it would be cool if you share some doom comics parodies from your country to this thread.

Those are some awesome stuff, antares! If only i could understand Japanese.

antares031 said:

...the translated version of Doom comics...

Could you post a list to said versions? TBQH I never heard of such a thing. They ought to be interesting to read ;-)

Edit: Perhaps related: an alleged Doom-comic parody made in Greece?! Too bad I never heard of it either, and the guy didn't go ahead with the upload.

Edit 2: Well, at least the first page was scanned and translated. Go figure :-o

Parodies of parodies are such a strange thing. Wait, the Doom comic itself is a parody, right?

Well, there were these parodies of Repercussions of Evil. Too bad that the audio clips have link-rotted, and the domain they were hosted on is no more. I can restore them, but the thread is locked and too old.

playerlin said:

No, that site is a Korean site...not Japanese or Chinese at all.
(Sadly I can't read them since I didn't learn Korean.)

So thats why it wasnt as curvy as Chinese or Japanese.

Well, i still can't read it. I'll just pretend that the lines are straight from the Doom comic.

Maes said:

Could you post a list to said versions? TBQH I never heard of such a thing. They ought to be interesting to read ;-)

Sadly, the very original post(which was posted 7 years ago) no longer hosts the translated version. But somebody re-uploaded that translated version to his blog. If you understand korean, you'll notice that the translator did a wonderful job to deliver every single word.

So wait, there's only that one Korean translation? Somehow I understood that there was a whole bunch of translations of the Doom Comic in different languages :-/

scifista42 said:

Wait, the Doom comic itself is a parody, right?

Yep, a parody of Doom itself.