Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

sprites being forced on ports set up to use 3d models

Sunlust and ancient aliens both make me use sprites on risen3d when I have 3d models set up. Is there anything about these wads that makes this happen? Is there any way to force models?

They have some custom sprites. Perhaps risen3d opts to prioritise custom sprites over models?

Jon said:

They have some custom sprites. Perhaps risen3d opts to prioritise custom sprites over models?

Can I simply delete all graphics in the wad for custom sprites? Since they're boom-compatible wads, I wouldn't think I'd have to worry about anything DECORATE-related referencing them and breaking everything.

invictius said:

Can I simply delete all graphics in the wad for custom sprites? Since they're boom-compatible wads, I wouldn't think I'd have to worry about anything DECORATE-related referencing them and breaking everything.

You could, yes, assuming risen3d's behaviour wasn't toggle-able. You'll miss the benefit of the nice new sprites though obviously. You'd probably want to leave them in for the custom monsters.

The next version of Risen3D to be released soon - v31 - will enable models to be rendered for both sunlust and ancient aliens