Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom - Big Updates, New Content and PartyPlay

With the launch of Unto the Evil and the introduction of several new maps, we also want to keep our community playing together, so we’re introducing a feature of DLC we call PartyPlay. Here’s how it works: If you haven’t purchased the premium DLC and a map comes up that you don’t have, but you’re currently in a party with another player who has purchased the DLC, you’ll be allowed to continue playing. Conversely, if you have purchased a premium DLC pack, anyone in your party can play any of the maps from the DLC as long as they’re with you.

Well that's good?

Trycon said:

Wonder if the 12 limit count for demons will be lifted for Snap-Map.

Probably not anytime soon. In fact SP highest monster count never had more than 14. At least that was the most I was able to get too.

I do think they need to fix a lot of the bugs with it though. Sometimes monsters just will not spawn and break the maps if you do something wrong. I think that is where things should be cleaned up.

Linguica said:

Well that's good?

Good? That is one of the best ways I have ever seen (and basically the only permanent one, apart from "free to play" weekends) to solve the typical DLC dilemma in multiplayer.

I have to tip my hat to id. I can only assume that if you would suggest something like that at other companies, you'd be laughed out of the room.

Tomorrow ? Finally, The waiting is over (excited) .

hardcore_gamer said:

It means the community won't be split.

Nah, Will still be able to play the default game .

EDIT : Secure and defend ? that sounds like ... Domination .

The Civ said:

Where's the FFA mode they were talking about at E3?

If you payed attention to the E3 Vid, he didn't say FFA will come this summer, He only said "Next month we'll release two new free modes" and then mentions Sector & Exodus .

With the weapon wheel in Snapmap I'm wondering if that means you'll be able to pick up weapons with alternate mods and switch between them like in SP. They've said nothing and the wheel UI specifically mentions the mod the weapon has, so I'm assuming you'll still need to resort to placing them in levels.

MrSkeltal said:

With the weapon wheel in Snapmap I'm wondering if that means you'll be able to pick up weapons with alternate mods and switch between them like in SP. They've said nothing and the wheel UI specifically mentions the mod the weapon has, so I'm assuming you'll still need to resort to placing them in levels.

I believe that the modded weapon will simply replace the current modded/un modded weapon just like it always does

hardcore_gamer said:

It means the community won't be split.

No it doesn't. If you're not partied up with someone who owns the DLC, you won't get to play it. Harvester was already proven to be garbage in the alpha anyway (when it was free!).

Harvester wasn't "free" in the alpha, it wasn't even meant to ever be accessed. Maybe actually put some effort into spewing bullshit next time.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

But it was there, and it could be accessed.

But it wasn't meant too obviously because it wasn't properly implemented in the then alpha game

I don't like how how bots aren't being added though. Probably not the biggest thing ever but I am still looking forward to them and really hope they will work for creating new snapmap modes.

Jaxxoon R said:

By that argument, every game has no price because you can pirate it.

Game uses Denuvo Anti-tamper .

Ironically you told every game has no price because it's pirated, And know ROTR, JC3 and such games weren't yet cracked because they're protected by something you thought you know .

That Weapon Wheel is going to drastically change how every map in Snapmap are going to be made. Hell, i think it'll make any map without it obsolete.

But then i wonder if you can put EVERY weapon snapmap has to offer into the wheel, or only 8 of them at once before you start dropping guns. Only tomorrow we will FIND OUT.

Still, EXCELLENT UPDATE. Also making everything free will lead to no profits towards the company making said product, so that argument is stupid as fuck. Harvester isn't free, and i'm fine with that. Besides, he looks boring to play compare to Prowler and Baron anyway!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Ironically you told every game has no price because it's pirated, And know ROTR, JC3 and such games weren't yet cracked because they're protected by something you thought you know .

Fine, if you want to get needlessly caught up in semantics, these games can still be pirated because the literal definition of piracy is that they are reproduced and downloaded illegally, not whether they're playable or not.

LIAR.

Now, stop with your rampant need to attempt to correct people on niggling details they are already fully aware of. Then again, I guess that would go against your unwillingness to admit to your own mistakes. Don't make me point out that custom title of yours as well!

Fine, I'll stop posting infos / Trying to Be Nice with you because you clearly do not appreciate it, Whether you were aware of it or not .

That brought my attention

If you haven’t purchased the premium DLC and a map comes up that you don’t have, but you’re currently in a party with another player who has purchased the DLC, you’ll be allowed to continue playing. Conversely, if you have purchased a premium DLC pack, anyone in your party can play any of the maps from the DLC as long as they’re with you.

Loving how grateful the comments are in the video, of how much they appreciate the free things we're getting for snapmap and multiplayer.

Oh wait. They're still bitching and whining for singleplayer content, which is much harder to add in than multiplayer/snapmap content.

Sometimes i wonder why i ever read them. I guess it's a guilty pleasure...