Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LostSoulofRetailHell

Snap Map object Limit

So the new update is really cool except for one issue i noticed. For some reason you can only place a limited amount of Hell Modules. They rapidly fill up your object limit meter and some of the network limit. This is frustrating considering i barely had more than 5 main rooms. The Tech-base modules take up far less room, and you can have a lot more of them to make a larger fleshed out map. The Hell modules are very limiting due to how much object data they consume, and its kind of a major let down. All the cool props don't really do any good when you build a medium sized map and your limit is reached. I find it amusing that it supposedly cant handle it and they use the excuse for console gamers but that is a lie considering all the single player maps in the campaign are much larger and multi layered. Does anyone know any good tricks to trick the map limit? Similar how you can use the workbench in fallout 4 to boost the limit of settlement building.

One cool note there is a crushing pillar which according to the description you can somehow make it work.

LostSoulofRetailHell said:

One cool note there is a crushing pillar which according to the description you can somehow make it work.

Unfortunately it's just for decoration and can't actually crush (or move at all). There's a crushing version of it in Titan's Realm, though, just before the blue key room, so it sucks they didn't give it similar functionality in SnapMap.

Set to static!!!! Set to static!!!! The limits are virtually gone. The object can still have collision, to boot. Any prop in fact that isn't triggered by anything should be set to static, even player blocking volumes (useful so u can mantle over crates and altars u place, that's not a gameplay layer)

Shades, you're missing the entire point of the OP.

He's talking about the default %'s of the hell modules vs. the tech modules. Since we only have 30 hell modules, most of them are more resource intensive than tech modules since ID gave us the prettiest ones mainly.

Oops my bad. Skam through it, he meant the MODULE memory not the PROP memory. That said, I do believe placing Hell construction props within base modules would add variance in theme without too much memory use. Kinda like DooM's episode 2 which had both base and hell intertwined (seeing as there's no sign of the 'laboratory' theme that's the final untackled theme from the new DooM, in snapmap). We coukd use some BASE construction props as well, though.

Also, I always figured the non-crushing [crushing] pillar was an homage to that same segment in DooM III Hell....

On average, Hell modules take up more resources since there's only 30 and the average size is larger. I believe that's where the perception comes from, which for all practical purposes, means they generally take up more space.

They take up more space, sure. But with the added addition of Static removing network on props, i think the two balance out. The Hell maps ARE more detailed, so they taking up more space was inevitable.