Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Does anyone listen to something other than hard rock/metal when dooming?

Someone put me onto synth/Hotline Miami tracks that get me pumped. I've been trying to get said person on these forums because she's a real actual female but she doesn't like the doomworld facebook group, or something like that. I'm bored of midi and have never really liked metal.

when it's my first time playing a wad wirh custom music i'll give it a listen, but if i already played trough the map i'll usually mute the soundtrack and listen to some youtube stuff or audiobbook

I spent my whole life listening to rock music but have always secretly though that rock beats were the worst beats in the world. MIDIs that had intelligent prog rock thinking but electronic or funky beats would suit me down to the ground. i wonder if any such music exists =P

Electronica. I love me some good old electronica. And not the modern kind of shit that constantly comes out.

Drone music (which can include "metal" such as Sun 0))) or Boris) works well, or dark ambient artists like Lustmord. I have also found that certain neoclassical pieces--particularly atonal arrangements from the mid 20th century--can have a very threatening and appropriately dark feel.

I have a horrible mixture of OST, ambient, 90s/80s pop, Rock, dubstep and even fucking smooth jazz.

It is a mess.

Steve Roach. Relaxing enough to mend those post-work tension headaches but also upbeat enough to still be interesting while playing Doom. He has a lot of great stuff. Most is Space Ambient. I just find this kind of stuff to be so damn soothing. The atmosphere is massive.

Spoiler

Spoiler

techno and eurodance
reggae
ragtime and blues
ambient (or whatever you want to call hexen music)

I like listening to Dance, House and Trance, especially if it has little to no vocals. I think it fits nicely.

I mainly listen to electronica so, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Autechre, etc. If the WAD has its music I listen to it.

I have listened to the Benny Hill theme while dooming.

Great fun, especially when there are a large number of pinkies.

I find 80's/90's dance music to be oddly fitting for DM, it's probably just growing up with the Dwango wads that planted that seed though.