Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DOOM easter eggs / references / injokes

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Nour, Anhar .. Noticed many Arabic words .

This means Bethesda is a mind control group from Saudi Arabia.

In the new snapmap update. The description for the red skull key says, "If you put your ear close to this red skull key, you can hear the distant sound of trumpets." This is a reference to the "Doot Doot" meme. More specifically, this video, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg"...

cyberd417 said:

In the new snapmap update. The description for the red skull key says, "If you put your ear close to this red skull key, you can hear the distant sound of trumpets." This is a reference to the "Doot Doot" meme. More specifically, this video, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg"...

It's really not.

Linguica said:

It's really not.

I'm pretty sure it is.
A few id employees have recognized those pictures, and all the DOOT stuff.
They're pretty in-touch with the community, believe it or not.
I even remember seeing a picture on Twitter a while back where one of the employees was holding up a DOOD poster.

Also, what else would be the correlation between Trumpets and Skeletons beyond that meme?

The campaign has this (posted in the fourth page of this thread). It's very likely the Snapmap skull key description is another reference to skellington memes.

oh ya, there are alot of easter eggs I'v not shown yall, I need to do that sometime, god I'm busy. it's waited this long, I'll wait to good screen shots of them when I upgrade my gpu.

The achievement "Motion in the Explosion" is a reference to the Kinect launch game, Motion Explosion. This is further proven because the achievement has to do with the Kinetic Mine, part of the new DLC, Unto the Evil. KINETIC = KINECT

cyberd417 said:

it's more based on http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/skull-trumpet , and the video is its child.

The rock hell props include descriptions such as "Finally, the rock has come back... to Hell!" and "This country rock has a buddy named Karl".

Quoting a YouTube comment:

If you see, there Is a "special thanks" for four guys [in the credits scene], and there are four night sentinels. It Is like the designers put 'em as a the sentinels as the very special thank it's suppose to be

Haven't checked it though.

Dunno if it's been posted, but that first part where you see Olivia on that screen...played that part many times, but recently, while she begins talking and you're looking at that satellite, she leans over and goes like 'hey, over here' or something. I thought I was tripping. Need to be prepared to capture that next time.

The description of the hologram I believe is a reference to the original Total Recall.
And there's a Typo , I pulled this image from google by the way as my screenshot wouldn't upload for some silly reason.
so credit goes to whoever spotted the typo.

Mostly in terms of the grip, the actual gun is much bulkier than the Doom Movie's BFG, looking somewhat closer to the Classic BFG, especially in the first person view.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, Martian hero from DOOM3 battles demons with a Soul Cube, carved on the stone block at the start of the final level:

Touchdown said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, Martian hero from DOOM3 battles demons with a Soul Cube, carved on the stone block at the start of the final level:

http://i.imgur.com/WKv2qBmh.jpg

Holy shit. Well there you have it folks. Confirmation of a connection.

There's also a soul cube in Olivia's office. I don't take it to imply doom 3 timeline canon though.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it depends on who wants take it canon or not, you believe in what you want. These refences might exist because we lived them once as the Doom marine, so we are recalling our past...

Passing it, I don't know if someone have known about this one, the problem is I don't know whether it is an easter-egg or a reference or even an injoke. But it reminds me about a bug that existed in the version 1.1 of Doom.

Martian Hero seems to be in just his udewear based on the carving. Now I haven't beaten 3 since the last decade, but I remember him clearly having pants during the battle.