Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Phobophobia

Sure Bowb said:

Here's one for all you cockroach-lovers:The madagascar hissing cockraoch

It's quite interesting to see how life adapts. I guess that those roachs are mimicking snakes, just to avoid problems....

TraceOfSpades said:

^When I was a child my family went on vacation to Las Vegas. We drove there. My father was on some kind of medication at the time which was supposed to take away some of hos stress...unfortunately for him, it had a nasty side effect. It gave him an irrational fear of open spaces like the one you posted. A lot of the areas we were driving in were wide open desert areas. This forced him to lay in the back of the van and try to sleep through most of the ride. I remember at one point we had to pull over so he could vomit. It got pretty bad.

It's amazing to see how some people fears are other people dreams. I would love to be able to drive in a huge desert alone.

Well here's the weird part. We went out west years later after he was off of those meds and he loved the scenery then.

I think that Discorge album was called Forensick.

@ChekaAgent, ya saturn shitposts alot and makes drug references they don't understand, I would bet money on it. I'm also Terrified by poison ivy, I'm quite allergic to it and it will spread across my whole body with in a week, so If I get bumps from them I think is from poison ivy/oak I cut them out and soak them in degreaser.

I have an odd fear of the deep sea and deep space. I guess I just don't like deep dark things that are uninhabitable and have things designed to fucking murder you. At least space looks cool if the scaling is incredibly daunting.

SavageCorona said:

I have an odd fear of the deep sea

Kind of the opposite for me. Right on the surface of the Challenger Deep? hell yeah, gimme that!

Sure Bowb said:

Here's one for all you cockroach-lovers:The madagascar hissing cockraoch

Any insect with an alarm system is indeed terrifying.

VonHootie02 said:

There's a difference between not stepping off a cliff and being afraid to walk near one.

This. I have a problem with heights (possibly more so with falling?) where my sense of equilibrium will basically shut down once I get within a few feet of any kind of ledge with a <10 foot drop, and I experience this overwhelming feeling of being pulled off. Same happens with train platforms, to a lesser extent. I know that there isn't some special force dragging me to fall off, but like all phobias it's not really a thing you can just ignore or turn off.

Also have a strong fear of basically any flying insect. Bees are the most adorable things, but just keep them out of my immediate space and we're cool. Fuck wasps though.