Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Another reason why organized religion is fucked.

Insomniac said:
[B Should religion have a right to interfere with medicne? [/B]

medicne?Is that a doctor treating acne?

The religious group is opposed to blood transfusions.

That is ridiculous. However, I wouldn't call 'Jehova's Witnesses' a religion. Regardless, it is an isolated case and does not represent all religions, and is not a reason to suggest 'organised religion is fucked'.

Fricking Jehovah's witnesses. Always getting into the business of others, even when they have no place in it.

When they knock at my door and say "We are Jehovah's witnesses" I always say "I didn't know there had been an accident", usual clears my door. :)

My grandmother was a Christian Scientist. She died from skin cancer. She let this little thing on her forehead stagnate for years. I would have taken all of an out-patient procedure to get rid of it when she first noticed it, and she'd probably still be around. *sigh*

Reminds me of that joke;

JW: Would you like to invite Jesus into your home?
Bloke: Alright, uh, but you can stay outside...

The JWs were in full support of Hitler and the nazi regime all the way up to the end of the war. I forgot the site but they have a huge amount of "pro Germany" Awake! and Watchtower issues. My fathers side of the family used to be in it, shit was horrible. Throught the 1970's nobody in it went to colledge because they thought the world would end, i swear to god im not making this up. He could have gotten a scholarship to harvard but the lord was about to show up so fuckit. I hate them so much

But there not even NEARLY as terryifying, cruel or outright evil as the Catholic church, which makes them look like a tiny cult

IMJack said:

Godwin's Law.

Heheh. I wonder if there's a law governing the probability of someone mentioning Godwin's Law when it occurs.

Livo said:

Xian- nothing is more terrifying than man IMO.

Yet woman is quite comforting. ^_^

The Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists should not have the right to refuse treatment for life-threatnening diseases. It's inhumane and cruel to give them that choice. They should be forced to either accept treatment or commit assisted suicide in a painless manner.

Woolie Wool said:

The Jehovah's Witnesses and Christian Scientists should not have the right to refuse treatment for life-threatnening diseases. It's inhumane and cruel to give them that choice. They should be forced to either accept treatment or commit assisted suicide in a painless manner.

That's a bit harsh. However, IMHO Jehovah's Witnesses should be shot on sight.

Weren't they illegal already?

AFAIK, the Christian Scientists don't force their members to do anything. My grandmother was just so dedicated to her faith.

Remember, it's not the faith that stupid, it's the people that are stupid.

IMJack said:

Remember, it's not the faith that stupid, it's the people that are stupid.

a-fucking-men to that