Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Game ideas you've had that you would love to see or create/produce?

What are some game ideas you'v had that you'd love to see made or have some form of making yourself?

I would love to see both a silent hill 2 and Fallout 4 esc premadeath rougelikes.

I've always been fond of an ARPG idea I've had set in the Hellraiser license.

You could choose a class of cenobite and design how they looked based around their punishment, and you'd start off in their hell at the very bottom. Slowly work your way up and try to escape, maybe even get your old life back.

It would be extremely dark, extremely violent, extremely nightmare-ish and dreamlike, just like the first two films. I always thought the first two movies were like watching someone's nightmare they were having as they slept.

All the creatures would have a heavy BDSM-torture twist to them, or just be weird and ghoul-ish, I came up with some lowly creatures, like basic ghouls that have their flesh burning and melting off them, so they throw it at you in globs. Weird dog-like creatures with human heads, human shaped beings made of blood that rise from big pools of it, zombie like beings stuck to the floor and in the wall that try to grab and eat you alive, shambling ghouls with drug needles stuck all over them, maybe some sort of creature that shoots boiling wax at you.

You'd level up and increase your basic stats and special abilities, just like Diablo or Torchlight. I'd have to think of a clever way to insert shops to sell any items and buy any too. Maybe add an element of randomness and have giant runes or messed up looking dealers and traders you could use that appear randomly each time you enter an area? Bosses could be a specific type of cenobite, dunno if I'd want to include the originals or not however.

Anyways, I love Hellraiser and always wondered why it never got a good, proper game. So I came up with that when I thought about what I'd want from one.

When VR technology advances a bit, I would love to see a Doom inspired FPS where you have complete control over your character.

Imagine kicking down a monster, getting out a double-barreled shotgun and blasting it to smithereens. Or delivering an uppercut in a fistfight. You'd actually feel like doing that.

Like I said, VR in its current state can't really handle this or do this properly, but it would be a game I would love to play or develop.

I think in order to do that we'd need ar, and some kind of place for this to happen at kinda like a lazer tag facility.

A new Dead Space game that is more like #2 horror than #3, with an awesome story and putting the player through a dirtier environment; like a level wading through necromorph offal and human waste.

MrGlide said:

I think in order to do that we'd need ar, and some kind of place for this to happen at kinda like a lazer tag facility.

I guess you could make AR as a part of it, though I'll bet people will exploit that.

SUPERHOT is kind of already doing this, but in a much more basic way than what I'm thinking of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZJvg7rNRw

A new pixelated sprite-based 2.5D FPS with level design and gameplay comparable to the quality of top-tier community made Doom wads, but on a whole new engine as opposed to a Wolf3D/Doom/Build/similar engine derivate, that would not share those engine's notorious-to-all-mappers-modders-and-players deeply rooted quirks and technical limitations.

Gah, too many...

1) a 2D platformer/beat-em-up hybrid
2) a sci-fi-themed survival-style FPS
3) an arcade-style FPS with a GameBoy-ish aesthetic
4) a Shadow Warrior-esque FPS with a spell system
5) a grittier, more violent kart racer a la Twisted Metal
6) a (series of) JRPG(s) in a fantasy/sci-fi hybrid setting

MrGlide said:

are you working on that? I remember you mentioning that in another thread?

Spoiler

I'm (uhhhh) working on such an engine (not yet a game) from scratch, as THIS (building an engine from scratch) is what I take interest in trying out for myself, but I'm so casual about my pace of work that I might not even get it to a playable state in my lifetime. Things like rendering, collision detection and map format are just concepts in my head and on paper so far, although I've already planned them in detail. In reality, I've implemented nothing but parsing values from the command line and displaying a static screen or one with a pre-made test animation.

A medieval FPS inspired by Hexen and Witchaven, with 4 classes like Hexen 2, each with thier strengths and weaknesses, the 4 classes would be a barbarian, a knight, a wizard and a thief.
The enemies would be a mix between undead, medieval and magical beings like zombies, dragons, you know creatures that fit the medieval theme.
The levels would have a focus on exploration, have puzzles and riddles similar to Hexen 2, with clues on what to do, levels would have tougher and deadly enemies as the game progresses, but no damage sponges, instead enemies should be able to dodge the player's attacks and counter-attack the player for a improved challenge.
Also gameplay should be rewarding, getting multiple kills in a row, would reward the player with health, armor, mana or an item, kinda like DOOM, except no glory kills or anything like that, enemies would gib if they took more damage than necessary, in order to keep the framerate stable.
The story would envolve 3 dark deities trying to engulf the world in darkness similar to the 3 Serpent Raiders from Heretic, Hexen and it's sequel, it's up to 4 heroes to stop them, if they fail, the world would be doomed forever.
And that it's it.

GeckoYamori said:

Turn-based racing game.

Errrmmm... Wh... How?!

GeckoYamori said:

Turn-based racing game.

Hmm...

Maybe...

Like this...

1-Players select their cars.
2-Program selects the best car in term of stats, and gives it the first turn.
Eg: Car1: 80-first, Car2: 70-second, Car4: 60-third, Car3: 55-last
3-Cars move forward upto a specific (randomly chosen)distance, depending on the stats of the car.
4-Game goes in similar fashion until the first car reaches the finish line.

Everything needs to be balanced though.

Bigfoot hunting. Like a deer hunter but with night/day hunts, and Bigfoots(?) that will actually hunt you whilst you hunt them. Like a horror Deer Hunter, where it's scary as fuck to wander around in thick woods hunting but also fearing a huge monkey-thing will come screaming out of the bushes 30 feet ahead of you. Totally needs to be coop.

It'll make millions.

GeckoYamori said:

Turn-based racing game.

While it's not a video game, there's a board game called Formula D that's pretty fun in my opinion. If you own Tabletop Simulator, there's a couple versions of that on the Workshop if you want to try it.

As for the main topic, I've been really wanting to make a VR Room Escape game. I think the Vive (or any future VR developments with room-tracking) is the perfect platform for a game like that. I've even dreamt up the transitions between rooms to be something like Portal, where the room is reconstructed around the player (i.e. piecemeal via tiles or something).

To prevent whacking into real walls and stuff while trying to go through doors, I'm thinking perhaps a goal point in the center of the playspace rather than doors, so the player always starts the level in the middle of the room. This would also prevent the need for players to turn around whenever "exiting" a room. Also, I bet I could get the game to dynamically generate the room based on the size of the playspace, as the user could have any manner of tracked room size/shape according to the documentation I can find.

1)A Metroidvania-type game set in a dark feudal japan setting, with lots of grays, black, red and pink, and bosses that look like they came from the Contra artists.
2)A horror FPS inspired by Resident Evil Survivor, except with more exploration, i'm actually slowly working on this but i lack the skills to sprite or model/render character/enemy graphics.

A game like Super Turbo Turkey Puncher III...but instead of a turkey, it's a chicken...and instead of punching it...you're choking it.

Super Turbo Chicken Choker III.

No you pervert! It's a game about choking a chicken until it explodes! If the evil PETA agents find you, game over.

MFG38 said:

6) a (series of) JRPG(s) in a fantasy/sci-fi hybrid setting

Aren't a lot of JRPGs already this?

What I've wanted for a long time is a multiplayer Bethesda RPG. Max 4 players. I don't even care if it bothers to have a story. There are a few people who like playing an Elder Scrolls or 3D Fallout game at the same time as me. Dungeon crawling as a team seems like a fun idea.

Almost everyone who talks about multiplayer RPGs wants an MMO. Why? There are a bazillion of those. I want my server, my friends, and no rules except the ones we might agree on (we never agree on any except to kick people we hate).

I would also play it, but only if I could have an anatomically accurate demon spouse reward for completing a marriage/impse quest

An "Army of Two" multiplayer type of game were you play as two special ops guys who has to take down heavily armed criminals and terrorists.

The game would combine elements of FPS, mêlée combat and stealth. Maybe throw in some cool one-liners and over-the-top action.

Not very original, I know, but I like it.

I just want a full fledged, completely 3D, non-linear, interactive game based on the SCP Foundation.