Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Brutal..Quake?

I havent clicked the link, BUT im guessing its that GZdoom mod...with quake monsters.

TraceOfSpades said:

Less people would hate brutal doom if Mark didn't say some racist shit.

Ive never cared about what the creators of a certain product say or think, if i did i'd hate a lot more things than i otherwise would.
To me that's never made sence, if you hate the mod for whats actually in the mod rather than any stupid bullshit the creator said then thats fine but to hate it for any reason outside the mod is just silly.

vinnie245 said:

Ive never cared about what the creators of a certain product say or think, if i did i'd hate a lot more things than i otherwise would.

The way we write reflects the way we think. Not really applicable to a game mod with zero story, but its not an entirely baseless thing to say

Yeah i've seen it before, there's a thread on Quakeone of this mod, it's basiclly a model/visual/sound improvement mod, also the weapons have been Q2-fied which is a nice touch too.

ITT: People not watching the video and talking about Brutal Doom when it's an unrelated Quake mod. Looks good though. I really need to get around to playing Quake 1.

rileymartin said:

ITT: People not watching the video and talking about Brutal Doom when it's an unrelated Quake mod. Looks good though. I really need to get around to playing Quake 1.

Wait, have you played Quake 1?

It looks like new animations and the axe-cleaving happens in the same way every time because that's how the axe swings.

I love Q1 but the weapon models were a bit bollocks.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

The gore looks very good. I'm not too keen on the new weapon models though.

Yeah, those guns look kind of whack to me, way too bright and clean for the theme.

-

I feel as though the atmosphere Quake would heavily benefit from a gore mod such as this, the horror would supplement it nicely (but they might have to tone down the action if they were to acheive this though).