Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

What are the other fps games with thriving mod communities?

not half-life, that shit is huge, I was thinking about Halo CE and quake, and they really dont get alot of attention campaired to doom, are there any other FPS game communitys that are non- valve that a doing well or even have editors and such?

Quake does have a thriving community, just not as big as Doom's, since it's not as easy to work with.

As of other FPS that isn't Half-Life, Fallout: New Vegas comes to mind, and The Elder Scrolls, if you count them as "shooters". TF2 also had it's share of modding, but i haven't played it in years.

wow halo 5's forge has massivly expanded, I might have to try that out again, are you on xbox voros? if os add me,GT= Rot Out

Quake 3 has a dedicated mod community with great modders like Simon O'Callihan (SOC).

The Quake 3 DarkPlaces engine is really taken hold on the mod community as of late, Just try out RetroBlazer and Xonitic.

There is also the Cube 2 engine which was utilized for making Red Eclipse.

dethtoll said:

Thief. There's people cranking out a new fan mission every couple of days.

Ya and some great quality maps too. Too bad the editor isn't that beginner friendly.

ya the halo ce pc community is still going pretty well. Been thinking if getting myself another copy.

MrGlide said:

ya the halo ce pc community is still going pretty well. Been thinking if getting myself another copy.

Yeah I have two Halo CE discs, both not in their original covers. Why, I don't know.

Halfblind said:

The Quake 3 DarkPlaces engine is really taken hold on the mod community as of late, Just try out RetroBlazer and Xonitic.

Darkplaces is a Quake 1 engine. Not Quake 3.

Other than that. You can check out communities for games in development like Reflex.

http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast have JKHUB, yes they aren't completely FPS games but they have enough optional shooting parts.

Duke Nukem 3d has a community. It's not like Doom's but there's allot of maps. I have legitimate fun building city maps with Mapster but lose interest before completion.

kristus said:

Darkplaces is a Quake 1 engine. Not Quake 3.

Thank you so much for correcting me. I swear I thought it was a Quake 3 enhanced engine due to how Xonotic feels and how it resembles Q3 more. I looked at the wiki page and you are totally correct. Is there any modified Q3 engines out there?