Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ranhcase

Doom angled weapons?

RanhDoomer said:

Is there any mod that makes the default doom weapons angled?

The default weapons? No, that's impossible. The only way to have angled weapons us by angled sprites. And Doom's default sprites are centered.

Although I would like to see how the original weapons do look when angled.

Voros said:

The default weapons? No, that's impossible.

Please don't go telling people that something can't be done when you have no idea what you're talking about, especially when replacing sprites is one of the easiest goddamn things to do with a lump manager.

The default weapons? No, that's impossible. The only way to have angled weapons us by angled sprites. And Doom's default sprites are centered.

Yeah, that's what i mean, a sprite mod, guess i didn't express it well

Although I would like to see how the original weapons do look when angled.

exactly!

Arctangent said:

Please don't go telling people that something can't be done when you have no idea what you're talking about, especially when replacing sprites is one of the easiest goddamn things to do with a lump manager.

I meant using the default weapon sprites. You would need a new set of sprites to create angled weapons.

gaspe said:

But he was asking for a mod.

The way he said it, i thought he meant a mod that took the weapon sprites in the IWAD and positioned it on the left/right side of the screen, which would look... Funny and unrealistic.

It's pretty obvious that he meant the default Doom weapon designs with angled sprites.

As in, he wants the same general weapons, but the actual sprites drawn from a different perspective.

Arctangent said:

It's pretty obvious that he meant the default Doom weapon designs with angled sprites.

As in, he wants the same general weapons, but the actual sprites drawn from a different perspective.

yeah.

Arctangent said:

Im pretty dang literal.

Now that that issue has been resolved, we can go back to original angled weapons mod discussion.

This is a good question, I remember looking for angled weapon sprites for doom a long time ago but didn't have much luck. There seems to be plenty sprite artists doing some pretty good looking original HUD weapon sprites. Ive seen some angled versions of the original weapon sprites in screenshots for random unfinished projects here and there. It seems like they're from various artists and some are better than others.

I'm surprised no one has released their own regular doom angled weapon sprites. Like just as a simple sprite replacement wad with no dehacked or decorate work.