Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bimlanders

Trying to play ZDoom on Win 10

As soon as I hit a certain combination of keys, probably alt and ctrl, the orientation of the screen flips. I used the regedit and set auto-flip to zero, I set hotkeys to zero and the problem persists. Googling the problem doesn't seem to be useful. Any help? I cannot even play right now.

Yeah man, that article is right; hot keys at work ftl. Hit ctrl+alt+f12 and it should bring up the intel control panel. Bottom-right choice is options and support, click that. From there, you can see the rotate screen hotkeys.

(might be different if you have a different system, but still could be worth a try)

I've had the same problem with some DOS games on Win7. A lot of them use those specific keys, and the controls aren't even rebindable in some cases. Luckily, ZDoom offers rebindable keys, so changing whatever action the keys perform respectively to some key that isn't Ctrl or Alt should help.

MFG38 said:

I've had the same problem with some DOS games on Win7.

Use DOSbox. It features a mapper, which let's you reassign the keys.

DoomGater said:

Use DOSbox. It features a mapper, which let's you reassign the keys.

The thing is that the games were running exactly on DOSBox. Thanks for the tip, though.

Wild Dog said:

let me guess, you have an Intel GMA integrated gpu?

Intel driver related hotkeys for rotation exist on pretty much every Intel integrated GPU driver, not exclusively GMA. (Or even Windows 10, much to the oddity of the thread title.)
The defaults, however, are a different story. And can sometimes change between laptop manufacturers (for reasons unknown). As such the first thing to do with any Intel driver is to check hotkeys are disabled.