Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Revolution! MIDI Pack project (COMPLETE! Also a surprise on page 10)

^ Both really great tracks, it would be a shame to see either go unused.
I'm open to making a fifth* track for this if we need more fallbacks. We're so close to finishing this and at this point I think we all just want to see it done and dusted.

* o_o

i'd like to get this project completed too, though unfortunately, i don't have much new MIDI files lying around i could contribute here that would fit the mood (and Dead Time is the only good unassigned track of mine.) also, i don't wanna shoehorn in a bunch of MIDIs i have here just for the sake of getting the project done, especially if they don't fit the mood of the project. all i could offer now is a semi-accurate cover of BFG Division from the new Doom, and a short, melancholic-sounding piece i did recently.

:))) that's a cool new map from TVR

ya think we should shuffle tunes around so that it has something a little upbeat to soundtrack it? the context of the text midi has now changed...

After a bit of discussion over IRC, I reckon we'll be having a new slot created for the new MAP33, and a "bonus track" supplied for players using advanced source ports that allow for defining custom music outside of the standard MAP01-32 roster.

This new slot is left blank currently, which means it's up for grabs by anyone who wants to have a shot at composing something for it, but it could also potentially have a track moved into its slot from elsewhere in the current music roster.

Hopefully something befitting such a special map will happen! :D

Hey guys,

I just dropped by to thank you all!
Thanks for still playing Revolution! and making a great new soundtrack for it.

Jimmy is doing a great job with this project, and I hope to see... uh.. hear the final result soon :-)

You're very much welcome, Thomas! Great to have your blessing, and the new map is awesome! ^_^

SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE! I'm back now.

I'll finish the work on the midi this week.

I suppose it's too late to get in on this action, but I'd love to make a contribution if there's room. If not then I'm still excited to hear the result!

Hey Lippeth, good to see you again. :D You can still make a track for the pack and even if it doesn't find a place in the 36-slot roster, it'll be included in the zip file. We almost definitely have enough tracks to be getting on with currently, the majority of the outstanding slots are already taken up by yet-unfinished tracks, as it stands.

HEY GUYS
We're approaching nine months of development now, but we were halfway there after one! Maybe it's time for a final motivational push to get this baby out, as it were. Some of these unfinished slots have been sat on for nearly as long as this project's been going, heh.

Sorry for backseat driving and all that, but we're so damn close to finished here, but it's all ground to a halt D:
So uh, anyone with slots still outstanding, please post :P

WAit, I lost it with my midi and I forgot what I want to do with it, I relinquish my claim for good.

Well, it's got some character. The seashore effect is way too loud though, and at times the chords feel a bit clustered and unsure of themselves. It's not very substantial on the whole.

If this is your final submission, I don't think I can quite qualify it yet on the grounds that it has no title, and as already mentioned, will need some work still. Thanks nonetheless.

Added right away. Thanks so much Alfonzo, brilliant track. Oozes with atmosphere and trepidation.

---

This thing kinda just keeps dying, doesn't it... I think I'm gonna have to throw down the gauntlet on submissions outstanding, particular since the next month is gonna be very hectic for me and I won't have much time to work on anything.

Akse, yakfak, Kassman and ClumsyDoomer, according to the OP, you have outstanding WIPs which need to be finished off. If I don't hear back from you within the next week, i.e. until 2 October, then I will take it upon myself to finish those tracks off or otherwise write a new track to fill the slot. This unfortunately already happened with stewboy's and DoomLover's slots, and I'd hate to creatively bowl over anybody else, but I wanna get this project pushed onto /idgames before the end of the year. My uni studies will be all done by the middle/end of November, in all likelihood, so I'll have more time to focus on personal projects, and wrapping this thing up will be my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Hey guys,

I came up with a pretty cool name for a track:
" Evil on tour! "
it is an anagram of " Revolution! "

Feel free to use / not use it.

Jimmy said:

Akse, yakfak, Kassman and ClumsyDoomer, according to the OP, you have outstanding WIPs which need to be finished off. If I don't hear back from you within the next week, i.e. until 2 October, then I will take it upon myself to finish those tracks off or otherwise write a new track to fill the slot. This unfortunately already happened with stewboy's and DoomLover's slots, and I'd hate to creatively bowl over anybody else, but I wanna get this project pushed onto /idgames before the end of the year. My uni studies will be all done by the middle/end of November, in all likelihood, so I'll have more time to focus on personal projects, and wrapping this thing up will be my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I don't think I'm going to be able to pull Smooth Infiltrator out in my glacial pace by this month. Midterms and production deployments are swinging around again to destructionate my soul. That said, I was struggling to think of a way to close out this midi in any case (my only thoughts being to perhaps strengthen the bassline and lengthen the calliope section).

It was a fun learning experience and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to participate in the project! Hope to see more of these pop up in the future. Here's where I left off if you or anyone else is interested in putting a cap on it:
Click!

O...kaaaaayyyy?

I'm going to take the last version I got of the actual Smooth Infiltrator and finish it off myself... soon as I get some time to myself. -_-