Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

That sky texture horizon ought not to be that high up. Generally, such skies should be 400 pixels tall with the horizon right in the middle at 200 lines.

Unless that's actually a standard 128 tall sky, in which case I suggest making it into a 400 pixel one.

Starting to come together:

Spoiler

start with one already shown:

2 chicken tunnels hidden in this map :)

Been having a ton of fun making this first one of many, 'bout 90% there, just a bit more to detail up with the back wall of the 2nd-to-last screenie and the area outside the window in the one with the silver shield. Heretic DM'ers will have a set to play on, one day... So far I'm going for a limit-removing format with stock Heretic textures only, but the limit of 99 textures is a bit rough without some Frankenstein-ery on the walls, heh.

I can only have so many trees. Matter of fact, not one of them is symmetrical, I seem to find some interesting ways to curve tree linedefs manually. Gotta work on that sky though.

in the meantime these houses look indecent, guess I'm not too cut out at interior design. That one in the back is supposed to be a straw house by the way. And yes, you're the big bad marine and there are three little barons in these three houses.

^ Upload em to some Image uploading service like : postimage.org, And copy the direct link then paste it on a post .

The easiest method these days is to upload the image files from your computer to http://www.imgur.com/, then using the URL's of each image here within what's called an image tag. An image tag is "img" surrounded by square brackets and it looks like this:

The above would result in:

PS. Don't use postimage.org as they delete pics after a while.

valkiriforce said:

I'm not that tall!

But you had mouselook, I even saw a video where players were looking down and up in the same "Thursday Night Survival" video.

Depending on port, mouselook is only a visual thing and doesn't change the player's aim vertically, only their 'view'.

^ But ZDaemon is one of the ports where mouselook actually aims your shots vertically.

joe-ilya said:

But you had mouselook, I even saw a video where players were looking down and up in the same "Thursday Night Survival" video.

Other players, yes...I can spy with F12 but I'm stuck with keyboard and touchpad.

Fonze said:

Been having a ton of fun making this first one of many, 'bout 90% there, just a bit more to detail up with the back wall of the 2nd-to-last screenie and the area outside the window in the one with the silver shield. Heretic DM'ers will have a set to play on, one day... So far I'm going for a limit-removing format with stock Heretic textures only, but the limit of 99 textures is a bit rough without some Frankenstein-ery on the walls, heh.

Hey, these shots are really great! I especially like the vaulted ceiling effect.

Thanks man! I've been having fun making it so far.

Great job making the textures used in rdwpa's map there, Fuzzball; they are beautiful!

valkiriforce said:

Other players, yes...I can spy with F12 but I'm stuck with keyboard and touchpad.

Who said you can't look up/down without a mouse? You can set up two buttons to look up and down or even centered view. That's how I played jumpmaze when I didn't know about using a mouse for FPS games.

joe-ilya said:

Who said you can't look up/down without a mouse?

Who said that's how he wants to play? Some people prefer the 'legitimate' doom experience where vertical looking isn't possible. Anyways, moving on, Afro opportunity missed, hilarious mustache nonetheless, move on everyone!

Dragonfly said:

Who said that's how he wants to play? Some people prefer the 'legitimate' doom experience where vertical looking isn't possible. Anyways, moving on, Afro opportunity missed, hilarious mustache nonetheless, move on everyone!

He said he's stuck with a keyboard, he didn't say "I'm playing with keyboard only because it's the true doom experience". Your argument is invalid.