Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Unto the Evil trailer

DMGUYDZ64 said:

That pistol .. Looks just like The SnapMap new Pistol .

I feel compelled to post a smug anime girl but then I'd probably get losered for it

EMG pistol and harvester = reskinned pistol and arch vile. So in addition to paying for this mp 'fix' that should've been there at release, it's also lazy.

Paying money for 3 maps, a mine a handgun and a demon. Lol. But wait, if it's not enough 'shut up and take my money' for you, dont fret, there's TWO more of this coming up that you have to shell money for.

Yawn.... Single player / campaign / story news PLX

I'm regretting my purchase on the multiplayer DLC - the internet is broken (for Australians at least) and by the time it's fixed half of the players would probably have abandoned it.

Also the new Demon doesn't look all that fun to play - he has two ranged attacks but no interesting and unique mechanics.

*sigh* but I love Doom 2016 and I did purchase it to support them, despite them destroying my hard worked on Snapmap and ignoring my pleas for help on their forums.

I'm sorry, Chezza, I like you, but I'm noticing that you bringing up your map is becoming a very common occurrence in most of your posts. It's a terrible thing when something you've put effort into explodes for no reason, I've experienced that, but please maybe tone it down a bit? Or just put it in your signature if you're specifically trying to bring attention to it.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'm sorry, Chezza, I like you, but I'm noticing that you bringing up your map is becoming a very common occurrence in most of your posts. It's a terrible thing when something you've put effort into explodes for no reason, I've experienced that, but please maybe tone it down a bit? Or just put it in your signature if you're specifically trying to bring attention to it.

wtf could you be any more of a whiteknight or fanboy, brb puking

Chezza: internet forum is made to post both positive and negative feedback, and vent if must be, so do your thing and ignore this buffoonR. What its NOT made for is for calling people straight up retarded like *ahem cough* some people do. Thanks.

I for the life of me can't come to a close with why would you make fun of jaxxoon's name every single chance you get a chance to

hate the game, not the name

Jaxxoon R said:

Stop making every thread about you. Jesus.

hahaha as if, never. This is what I mean by you are cheesy though lol. Every response of yours is corny af. And as always, you can be a cunt or passive aggressive to others but when they return it you must point out how it's ironic or hypocritical.

Almonds said:

I for the life of me can't come to a close with why would you make fun of jaxxoon's name every single chance you get a chance to

hate the game, not the name

It's tailor made for the purpose. Doesn't help he's a douche of epic proportions.

massivefanofdoom said:

hahaha as if, never. This is what I mean by you are cheesy though lol. Every response of yours is corny af. And as always, you can be a cunt or passive aggressive to others but when they return it you must point out how it's ironic or hypocritical.

It's tailor made for the purpose. Doesn't help he's a douche of epic proportions.

You've only been active for 3 months, how about stfu and stop white knighting in an attempt to combat the perceived, but not present, white knighting of Jax. Don't give me free license (for my conscience's sake) to start making fun of your creative and original name.

Thinking about the last thing to get me losered... The temptation to repeat mistakes of the past is great.

On topic: while I loved the idea of dlc years ago, I must agree with others that it simply allows devs to be more lazy during real development, leaving content out and bugs in. Of course this problem isn't helped by all the people who pre-order games, basically a "do whatever and I'll buy it! Matter of fact, I've already bought it!" message straight to the dev; it's no wonder they've gotten lazy. When dlc is not only normal, but expected, and consumers just spend their money on anything, anything is what you get and any time is when you get it, just not any time on your end or anything you want.

Fonze said:

You've only been active for 3 months, how about stfu and stop white knighting in an attempt to combat the perceived, but not present, white knighting of Jax.

Thinking about the last thing to get me losered... The temptation to repeat mistakes of the past is great.

Perceived? Wow lol BuffoonR has been nothing but a dick to me (''you are obnoxiously ignorant'' because my views on doom differed and tons of passive aggressive cheesy ass remarks) and joining 3 months ago makes me in no less of a position to have my opinion than some loser like him. Who are you anyway? Nobody to me. At all. You don't even know how this started but are obviously biased from the getgo towards BuffoonR. But if you need a verbal spanking, get in line bitch. I'll make you wish you never acted tough on the internet.

Ooo I like spankings, can you use a paddle please?

Btw, Jax has been a halfway-useful part of this community for a while, so of course I'm biased towards him than someone who named themselves "massivefanofdoom" on a website in which 99.9% of members are massive fans of doom. But you're a special little snoflake, aren't you cookie?

Ugh, I can see the mine being extremely annoying. I fucking hate mines in MP games and I hate the fact they are including it. They are basically just free kills that require no skill. Just plop down a mine somewhere you know people travel a lot and wait for the free kill.

This is a fast paced MP game so nobody is going to have time looking for these things >:0

massivefanofdoom said:

BuffoonR

Whoa buddy tone it down. Words hurt more than you think.

Fonze said:

Ooo I like spankings, can you use a paddle please?

Btw, Jax has been a halfway-useful part of this community for a while, so of course I'm biased towards him than someone who named themselves "massivefanofdoom" on a website in which 99.9% of members are massive fans of doom. But you're a special little snoflake, aren't you cookie?

Good to see you admit it. He wasn't helpful to me, or on at least one occasion, to other users.

Now pull my finger, faggot

massivefanofdoom said:

Good to see you admit it. He wasn't helpful to me, or on at least one occasion, to other users.

Now pull my finger, faggot

Didn't get this out quick enough in the ninja edit:

I should also say 2 more things: 1) acting tough on the internet is retarded, as is offhandedly assuming that on someone else. That's called projection. 2) you are way too serious right now, I'm not much at all, though I often find myself mixed between serious and not anyway. But when you apparently fly off the handle for no reason (sorry I don't stalk your conversations), people will gravitate towards that, and making fun of it.

Please don't take people, especially me, too seriously.

It's kind of shitty how they're putting demons and weapons behind a paywall. At the very least there's Party Play for the maps, but those with the DLC will always be more familiar with them and have access to things you don't. At the same time, I'm curious as to how many people actually care enough about multiplayer to buy DLC for it.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's kind of shitty how they're putting demons and weapons behind a paywall.

It's worse when you consider that the pistol is already in the game via snapmap.

This is basically just 3 mp maps and one new demon.

BluePineapple72 said:

Man, I guess this thread really did go unto the evil

Ha

Mr Pineapple how've u been good buddy?

Jaxxoon R said:

It's kind of shitty how they're putting demons and weapons behind a paywall. At the same time, I'm curious as to how many people actually care enough about multiplayer to buy DLC for it.

Agreed. Still got it either way. The maps are decently fun and refreshing. Haven't used the guns outside of snapmap yet but what I've played of them are good. It does suck they're behind a paywall though.

Jaxxoon R said:

Haha sorry I'm just really butt hurt about it and want to make some noise. I can't even play it myself anymore. If it wasn't for my backups it would of been permanently deleted. Since it never appears, even in offline mode, it may never be recovered.

Ok I will be silent about it for now on.

Chezza said:

Haha sorry I'm just really butt hurt about it and want to make some noise. I can't even play it myself anymore. If it wasn't for my backups it would of been permanently deleted. Since it never appears, even in offline mode, it may never be recovered.

Ok I will be silent about it for now on.

It's also aggressively pointless bringing it up in a forum that isn't even the slightest bit monitored by anybody at id. If you want to get the issue resolved, you are so far taking the path of most resistance.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Ha

Mr Pineapple how've u been good buddy?

I've been doing great, I've been playing though the mcc on legendary, halo 2 makes me want to die, shits hard as hell.

By the way I just checked Instagram and the DOOM accounts story says that they are having quakecon attendees try out deathmatch mode at quakecon

@Edward - yeah I know, just some pointless venting and wanting to be heard.

Anyway the servers are back up for us Aussies. The mine is definitely not over powered unless in perfect circumstances. It has a warning sound, a delay and then shoots at a specific direction. With the nature of Doom combat, barely anyone stays still long enough - its best chance is hitting a wall next to them.

Also the pistol is hell a lot of fun but I'm really struggling to perform with it. I see it sort of like a middle ranged sniper? The base shooting is very weak without the quick charge so it's all about the good aim and timing. Sadly most of the MP I have been in lately is full of close range hopping missile launchers which both the Pistol and the Mine struggle to take down. Would be great counters against Chaingunners though!

The Harvester isn't so bad but I think he might be a little under-powered. You spam a powerful consistent beam which is great and once he charges his second ability he launches a wave of BFG blasts! It sounds and looks brutal but I kid you not, out of the 4 times I played Harvester the second ability failed to kill anyone, since they quickly hide behind a pillar or wall, and due to your low health you feel pressured to unleash it asap. It also has poor agility. I think Prowler outdoes this guy as a weak health Demon - since the prowler can travel fast and see enemy outlines through walls which allows it to carefully choose its ideal target. Meanwhile the Harvester is prone to being ambushed and with its little health it's easy to critically wound him.

Oh and I played one of the new Maps - I forgot its name but it's half Demonic and half Science / Tech. It's a fairly fun map with amazing aesthetics.

Chezza said:

@Edward - yeah I know, just some pointless venting and wanting to be heard.

Anyway the servers are back up for us Aussies. The mine is definitely not over powered unless in perfect circumstances. It has a warning sound, a delay and then shoots at a specific direction. With the nature of Doom combat, barely anyone stays still long enough - its best chance is hitting a wall next to them.

Also the pistol is hell a lot of fun but I'm really struggling to perform with it. I see it sort of like a middle ranged sniper? The base shooting is very weak without the quick charge so it's all about the good aim and timing. Sadly most of the MP I have been in lately is full of close range hopping missile launchers which both the Pistol and the Mine struggle to take down. Would be great counters against Chaingunners though!

The Harvester isn't so bad but I think he might be a little under-powered. You spam a powerful consistent beam which is great and once he charges his second ability he launches a wave of BFG blasts! It sounds and looks brutal but I kid you not, out of the 4 times I played Harvester the second ability failed to kill anyone, since they quickly hide behind a pillar or wall, and due to your low health you feel pressured to unleash it asap. It also has poor agility. I think Prowler outdoes this guy as a weak health Demon - since the prowler can travel fast and see enemy outlines through walls which allows it to carefully choose its ideal target. Meanwhile the Harvester is prone to being ambushed and with its little health it's easy to critically wound him.

Oh and I played one of the new Maps - I forgot its name but it's half Demonic and half Science / Tech. It's a fairly fun map with amazing aesthetics.

Is it me or does the second attack for the harvester does not grant you kills? (even though I killed people with it but the game doesn't say I did)