Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

UNLOVED [released]

Well fuck, this doesn't look very fun. I understand that a full-on modern engine remake of Unloved is absurdly unfeasible, but this looks like a standard Greenlit game on Steam.

Reminds me of the FEAR dream sequences and Cry of Fear.

The super-fast action and multiplayer aren't very convincing though for a horror game.

Kinda looks like Killing Floor.
Graphics and sound give a pretty creepy vibe, but then suddenly those creatures start firing neon-colored projectiles... xD

The remake is inferior to the original, the original is and will always be the best, no matter how much hard work you put into a remake, nothing beats the original.

This game is just wierd, The Animations are wierd, the Monsters look wierd, their attacks are wierd, Player walking animation is wierd, Just ROFL whenever i look at that guy walking :P .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

wierd

DMGUYDZ64 said:

wierd

DMGUYDZ64 said:

wierd

DMGUYDZ64 said:

wierd

DMGUYDZ64 said:

wierd

Misspelled all 5 times.. Congratulations.

Saturn said:

Misspelled all 5 times.. Congratulations.

Oh you got time to Spellcheck, I Don't, that's why i copy-pasta it .

Everything in this feels really flat. Like there is no real kinetic force behind anything that's happening.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Oh you got time to Spellcheck, I Don't, that's why i copy-pasta it .

Yeah typing out two line replies and using the built-in spell check really is one of the most time consuming activities a person can do.

I say keep at it. This game looks very rough on the edges and can use smoother animations, more realistic ragdolls, more stagger / feedback when enemies take wounds etc

But if you get get all that up to scratch I think both the aesthetics and gameplay can be promising. Some scripted events, narrative and nice light sources to break from the repetitive darkness could go a long way as well.

Good luck.

Tarnsman said:

one of the most time consuming activities a person can do.

Actually yes, I Hate it when it auto-correct to a word i didn't mean .

First impression, looks like ass and probably smells of it. Terrible animation and even worse level design. Seriously, this would hardly pass for an unreal 2k4 mod. Look at all the rectangular rooms and doorways. Look at them!

I heard it was fun / very Doom-like but procedurally generated levels in an FPS greatly concerns me. And I am a huge fan of the original Unloved and thus sad to see the interesting story and hub level structure is gone.

yeah, it's a bit of a questionable design-decision. you go from a moderately sized, atmospheric as fuck horror mod that still manages to feel exceptionally Doom-y on the combat side of things, to just another type of roguelike-esque, randomly generated game, with the notability coming from the name and that it's horror-themed. and also suspiciously Doom-like projectiles.

i dunno. it could be fun to play, and the author probably really enjoys games like this, but this seems like a very obvious downgrade to one of the most atmospheric Doom mods out there.

J.B.R said:

The remake is inferior to the original, the original is and will always be the best, no matter how much hard work you put into a remake, nothing beats the original.

The original Resident Evil says hello :P

Didn't this author quit Unloved 2 because of some negative comments? Holy shit dude if he sees this thread the whole game is going to be scrapped.

To be fair, this looks pretty generic in terms of play and doesn't give off that same vibe the original project did, which would've been fantastic. Those neon projectiles look goofy as hell lol. On the other hand, I do think it looks nice but my standards aren't very high so what do I know.

Decay said:

Didn't this author quit Unloved 2 because of some negative comments? Holy shit dude
if he sees this thread the whole game is going to be scrapped.

Really? I thought he stopped working on it because of personal life troubles.

It resembles a Painkiller-era knockoff with an uncomfortable coat of glossy paint. The artists clearly aren't ready to work with specular highlights yet. Animation looks super stiff and awkward. It wants to be scary, but there's too many clashing visual elements, even though it mostly looks murky and gothic. Honestly, it's a bit too sloppy looking right now; I think it should have been in development a bit longer before releasing a trailer. Sound design is pretty bad too.

TraceOfSpades said:

As usual I am the black sheep in the group. I think this looks great.

I've played it for ~200h and I think it's pretty damn fun and addictive. The shooting feels surprisingly good for such a small game. Bit too grindy for my taste though.