Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerthex

thyoldelevels

Zerthex said:

and if i put screenshots it would ruin the feeling of starting up the wad and playing it!

Ok i'm 100% sure it's a troll wad.

ChekaAgent said:

its not a troll wad! just play it for yourself!

First impression: the wad CONTAINS 5 another WAD files. One is just DECORATE and KEYCONF, 4x of them contain maps. Dammit, I'll have to play it...
BTW the map slots are E1M1-M5.
EDIT:
stay tuned, I'm uploading screenshots

ChekaAgent said:

I never played theoldlevels.wad but I'm pretty sure it wasn't shit.
It's not a terry trap or a room with a ton of archviles/spiders/cyberdemons but it is pathetically easy and really ugly.

And as far as I can tell, E1M5 has no exit.

Oh damn. This took a lot more time than I expected, as my laptop's WiFi antenna is a piece of junk.
http://imgur.com/a/DiVGR
Enjoy 35 photos in 1024x768 resolution!
Played on ZDoom 2.8.1, HMP difficulty!
A bit of text:
E1M1-M3 are ridiculously short and easy techbases.
M4 is SUDDENLY hellish and firebluish, and gives you a load of ammo... against 2 Barons. Also short, but a bit harder.
M5 is a retextured E2M8. One of the ammo caches is protected with a blue door, but I didn't find the key and the cache can be easily jumped into from the other side. No exit, either. Also, there are 2 Cybers and 1 Mastermind.

None of the maps exceeded 20 monsters...
The door tracks are not unpegged, except in M5 (guess why).
That huge pink-skin wall in M4 is actually a blue keyed door.

SUMMARY: this is the least trolling troll WAD I've ever played.
However, the music was kinda nice. Especially the one that sounded like an E2M1 remix.

Zulk-RS said:

I never played theoldlevels.wad but I'm pretty sure it wasn't shit.
It's not a terry trap or a room with a ton of archviles/spiders/cyberdemons but it is pathetically easy and really ugly.

And as far as I can tell, E1M5 has no exit.

It does have a exit but it's hidden. When you go through the back of the room with the blue door you need to exit through the back again by rapidly pressing E. And that will exit the le level

Zerthex said:

It does have a exit but it's hidden. When you go through the back of the room with the blue door you need to exit through the back again by rapidly pressing E. And that will exit the le level

Best exit ever!

bzzrak said:

Oh damn. This took a lot more time than I expected, as my laptop's WiFi antenna is a piece of junk.
http://imgur.com/a/DiVGR
Enjoy 35 photos in 1024x768 resolution!
Played on ZDoom 2.8.1, HMP difficulty!
A bit of text:
E1M1-M3 are ridiculously short and easy techbases.
M4 is SUDDENLY hellish and firebluish, and gives you a load of ammo... against 2 Barons. Also short, but a bit harder.
M5 is a retextured E2M8. One of the ammo caches is protected with a blue door, but I didn't find the key and the cache can be easily jumped into from the other side. No exit, either. Also, there are 2 Cybers and 1 Mastermind.

None of the maps exceeded 20 monsters...
The door tracks are not unpegged, except in M5 (guess why).
That huge pink-skin wall in M4 is actually a blue keyed door.

SUMMARY: this is the least trolling troll WAD I've ever played.
However, the music was kinda nice. Especially the one that sounded like an E2M1 remix.

It's not a troll wad nor it was intended to be a trollwad

Zerthex said:

It's not a troll wad nor it was intended to be a trollwad

OK then, so this is the most trolling non-troll WAD I've ever played. Make your maps a bit longer, please.
edit: 200th post, yay

bzzrak said:

OK then, so this is the most trolling non-troll WAD I've ever played. Make your maps a bit longer, please.
edit: 200th post, yay

Ok I'll tty to make them longer. But by far the longest map I've made was the first six maps of doom 2 connected with some edits. You should check that one out its called doom2 maps connected you'll find it.

bzzrak said:

Ripping-off IWAD levels won't get you too far. I will play it, though.

I don't want to rip on the OP's wad but...
Memorial.wad is pretty much the 31 IWAD levels together. So you can play that if you've got time to spare. It's actually a wad I really liked because of how creatively the author sewed the maps together.

@OP, as someone with shit mapping skills, shit Doom skills and shit stock of experience trying to make his own dream Megawad, I realize you want people to play and value the wads you put so much work in but you still need to check to see if someone did what you're doing but better before you start doing what you were planning on doing.

As for making actually good maps, ask guys who know what they're doing for suggestions and criticism, learn from the mistakes you and other noobs made and play more wads.
And most importantly, post screenshots so people can tell you what's wrong with your wad and how to improve upon it. Taking a lot of their advice will go a long way.

Sorry if I sound too harsh or mean. That honestly wasn't my intention.