Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

[RELEASE] Mutiny (limit removing)

Mutiny is a 16-level, Limit Removing Community Project Episode for Doom 2 intended to be the spiritual successor of late 90's cyberpunk themed wads such as STRAIN, Hacx, Nimrod, Dystopia 3, and Perdition's Gate. It features new colorful, high contrast, (intentionally retro) textures inspired by the works of Iika Keranen and Anthony Czerwonka, complete with plenty radioactive signs, warning stripes, computers, slime, and rust.

Final /idgames Version: >>>DOWNLOAD<<<

Play information: Designed for Doom 2: Hell on Earth. Tested primarily with prboom-plus complevel 2. Skill levels are implemented and tested. Cooperative, Survival Cooperative, and Deathmatch support, though lightly tested. Will not run on source ports that crash from Visplane overflows or other vanilla doom technical limitations. Dehacked patch included for automap map names only.

How you can help: Primarily interested in Screenshots, Videos, Demos, and comments related to bugs and errors, especially hall of mirrors effects (HOMs) broken linedef triggers, places the player or monsters can get stuck, difficulty settings, and multiplayer support. Comments related to gameplay, aesthetics and thematic continuity are also welcome. Thank you for your interest. Enjoy!

MAPLIST

MAP01: Surface by Fonze, Jimmy, and 40oz
MAP02: Shipyard by Pinchy and Tarnsman
MAP03: Crossbug by MrGlide and Ribbiks
MAP04: Warzone by joe-ilya, AD_79, and 40oz
MAP05: Slums by dt_
MAP06: Faceless Corporation by Angry Saint, Corsair, and dt_
MAP07: Bunker Base by 40oz
MAP08: Compactor by Pavera and jmickle66666666
MAP09: Construction Site by Impboy4, Doomkid, and dt_
MAP10: Generator by scifista42, NoneeLlama, and dt_
MAP11: The Furnaces by AD_79 and 40oz
MAP12: Wildcard by purist and traversd
MAP13: Laboratory by Egregor and 40oz
MAP14: The Firewall by AD_79 and Breezeep
MAP15: Breaching The Unknown by KevinHEZ and dt_
MAP31: The Brain by 40oz

40oz said:

Dehacked patch included for automap map names only.

The patch, in addition to being provided as a separate file, should also be put into the wad itself as a DEHACKED lump, for convenient usage in ports which support DEHACKED lumps within wads, which is certainly a majority of ports.

Cool to see my tiny fraction of MAP10 kept in the wad despite me abandoning the project so early on.

Heh, looks like MAP14 broke sometime during your editing of it, 40oz. The cyberdemon platform doesn't seem to raise up (testing in pr+ cl2).

Spoiler

Nice to see a release, by the way!

UV-maxed breezily through the first 5 levels in GZDoom with no problems. I'm really loving it so far, especially the enemy placement I like very much. I can't see why this isn't Cacowards material. I'm definitely going to play this through the end.

Awesome, I've been keeping my eye on this project! Some great looking maps here, hopefully they play well too :)

Awesome work on this 40, as well as all others involved with this project! Certainly Cacoward-quality.

Screenshots look enticing, going to have to give this a spin later tonight.

Nice looking project.

Fonze said:

Here's to hoping TNS hosts this soon!

We would love to have it for tomorrow however it seems like Veinen already managed to break 2 maps without even getting far in the WAD. This is not ideal for a session with many players but we do have scripts to make players unstuck.

On this occasion I would like to ask 40oz and other contributors if they would prefer this week or a later time and if a version with fixes will be available before the session.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I am a bit confused: if it is a cyberpunk-themed mapset, then why does it look like it is using the default demonic bestiary?

1. It's the easiest approach - making custom sprites takes more effort than making custom textures.
2. It's the safest approach - some players aren't comfortable with sprite replacements or behavior changes to Doom's bestiary in mapsets.
3. It's the usual approach - there are many precedents of wads with lots of custom textures but minimum to no custom sprites and no monster behavior changes.

Nice to see this getting done. Though it's a bit a shame that not all the maps are a collaborative effort.

Thanks Keyboard_Doomer! A TNS session sounds like a lot of fun. I am however not the best at catching game breaking errors, so I'd like to wait a little while before going full retard on hosting this. If we get more bug reports by next week, I'd advise hosting it next Thursday rather than today. Thanks for your interest!!

Anyone currently playing, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Please mention what source port you're using, what difficulty you're playing on, if you're using saves or playing pistol starts, and if you are using any gameplay mods. (this mod fully endorses all modes of play.)

Thank you!

i had no idea how to get the last keycard on The Furnaces no matter how hard i looked. how are you supposed to get it?

the teleporter at the end of The Brain was a bit weird, given there was nothing to do there except run through a bunch of flesh and blood and then the exit switch was open. also, not having any replaced text for the intermission screens just seems really weird, to see the default Doom 2 synopsis.

also, a replaced map32 as an epilogue of sorts would be a nice way to wrap this mod up, instead of just thrusting you into Grosse and the regular Doom 2 campaign.

i had a blast playing through this regardless, though. i really liked the inclusion of "not poison" signs personally, heh.

Fda for MAP13 (PRBoom+ cl 2, UV). I think I already played this actually but it wasn't complete. I was very low on ammo sometimes, and I didn't find the plasmagun which it gave me many trouble especially near the end. For sure it could have some more rockets.
MAP03 is another map I still had to play but I gave up after some tries, there's nearly no ammo and fighting revenants and mancubi with shotgun/chaingun isn't very fun. I will give it another run with saves. And... is there a cyberdemon that teleports somewhere just to be crushed? o.O

40oz said:

Thanks Keyboard_Doomer! A TNS session sounds like a lot of fun. I am however not the best at catching game breaking errors, so I'd like to wait a little while before going full retard on hosting this. If we get more bug reports by next week, I'd advise hosting it next Thursday rather than today. Thanks for your interest!!

Glad to hear you are in favor of a TNS session with the WAD. You're very welcome.

Consider your place for next week's TNS reserved unless you decide to postpone it further in which case we would appreciate if you let us know on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Cheers.

gaspe said:

I was very low on ammo sometimes, and I didn't find the plasmagun which it gave me many trouble especially near the end. For sure it could have some more rockets.
MAP03 is another map I still had to play but I gave up after some tries, there's nearly no ammo and fighting revenants and mancubi with shotgun/chaingun isn't very fun. I will give it another run with saves. And... is there a cyberdemon that teleports somewhere just to be crushed? o.O

I have to partly concur with this, especially on MAP03 ammunition is a bit too scarce, although I managed to play through it with no problems.

btw map31 exit switch should be moved back much further, you can hit it through the wall as soon as you're in the outdoor courtyard area. also I think the # of revs that tele onto those 4 pillars is a bit overkill :p

A couple more things with map03: https://www.mediafire.com/?eudolhbq1mabo2e. Playing with glboom+ complevel 2 and -nomonsters for convenience.

First demo shows an easy way to jump off the intended playing area and once you're down there, there's no way back (as far as I can tell?). The trio of Arch-Viles behind the blue "doors" can also easily blast you off the map. Perhaps not the most elegant solution but placing a teleporter down there would surely be the simplest one. Another option would be to kill the player with a damaging floor. Dropping down to the pit in sector 53 also means you're stuck.

Second demo shows a simple strafejump that skips 90% of the map. As a speedrunning trick it's fine and can be kept as is but if you manage to stop on the ledge (sector 78) you can once again make your way out of bounds, so to speak.

I've only played the first 3 levels so far. So here is my findings for these ...

map 01 ...

a.Lines 1502, 1276, 1166 could have been flagged secret.
b.Give sector 563 a greatly lower floor level, to remove the brightness on the floor.

map03 ...

a.Line 2202 should have DOORYEL and line 2204 DOORRED ?

b. This refers to sector 270. Texture clash on superimposed lines 1195 and 3445. Really, a new texture should have been made.Or use SUPP9R32.OR use the same technique at line 3413 for example. A mapping error.
c. Since this is for "limit removing" ports, Using F_SKY1 as the floor for sector 300 would look better imo.

d. Risen3D has a problem with the bottom\right sector 270. Caused by "sectors" 420 and 421 - mapping error.

e. Having WWAALL00 as the switch texture on lines 2825 and 3129 looked daft IMO.

f. Uses Boom linetype 85.

g. Blood does damage at sector 414 but not at sector 275.

map 04 ...

a.Middle textures on lines 3378, 5012, 5158, 3830, 3831, 3832, 3823, 3824, 4032 and 3825 should be deleted. Looks bad.
b.Error at sector 23. Lines 1616 and 1644 are overlapping. Delete line 1616, make line 1644 one sided and fix mid tex.
c.T887, T888, T881, T871 stuck in other Things.Not the ones near vertex 2745, but the 4 nearest. Stacked 4 overlap.
d. Line 4748 could be flagged secret.
e. Type and tag should probably be removed from line 3334.
f.Is sector 1618 necessary. It does not "work" anyway.
g.T801 hangs at wrong height. Fixed by adding this to the deh ...

Thing 109 (One-legged body 2)
Height = 5505024