Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

Games you wished had one more sequel...?

Sometimes a game franchise is great. Like really great, and you've played either one or all the games in that franchise. But then time flies, and the media no longer is getting a new game. Have people lost interest? Did the games started to suck? Or it's no longer profitable to the company making it compare to other products they got?

Whether the reason, it's disheartening when a franchise you like is no longer made. Which one you miss, the game series you want to just have one more go?

For me its F-Zero and Mega Man. Never have i played any other racer game with 30 racers competing at once. And Mighty No 9 revived my desire to play one more great sidescroller like the Mega Man games use to be.

A modern version of RUSH... Split Second was close, but just didn't have the great control and tracks that RUSH boasted, not to mention the sweet car customization and stunt mode in RUSH 2.

Besides HL3, I can't think of any. From a storytelling perspective, the sequel is usually *just* the sequel and not as memorable.

I have similar responses to what I made at a thread about reboots.

- Gladius
- Deathrow
- Crusader (but more of reboot than another installment)
- Medieval Total War (I think it will come)
- Bull Frogs Dungeon Keeper
- Lion Head's Black & White

There should be a bunch more I don't remember.

Majora's Mask was a great direct sequel to Ocarina of Time...I would have liked to see where they could take it next.

Katamari Damacy (not sure on the spelling)
Wizardry
NOLF
also always wanted to see a Black Isle version of the Ruins of Undermountain

Shadowcaster -- the core gameplay idea of changing your ability set (by changing shape) depending on circumstances, e.g. I need to swim so I'll change into frogman, I need to walk on lava so I'll change into golem, etc. is an interesting gimmick.

Chezza said:

- Medieval Total War (I think it will come)

Medieval II came out like 8 years ago :P unless you were already talking about it.

I would love to see a good/proper sequel of Unreal as it's better to pretend that Unreal 2: The Awakening doesn't exist.

Witchaven, sure that the 2 games back then sucked, but still it would have been nice to have a sequel, they could have fixed the issues that the 2 games had and made a great final sequel.
Also Kingpin:Life of Crime, even though a sequel exists in the form of a mod, i still think that it could have a proper sequel had Xatrix time to do so.

Call of Duty Spore! it has to be better than the first, tho...even though i loved spore, i do admit that it failed to live up to the hype. how about a sequel that EXCEEDS the hype? that'd be awesome!

also, quake 1 really needs a proper, sp-based sequel.

Tossing in Advance Wars in, especially something like Days of Ruin, with the tone and setting it had. I never liked the AW series for how kiddy and jovial previous installments were, but DAYS OF RUIN changed that, and it was fucking GREAT.

Another obvious one would be a proper modern Duke3D game and not the crap Gearbox hired a plumber to dig out.

RAGE. I seem to be in a small minority here, but I absolutely loved it from start to disappointingly early ending. So much to expand on - I keep saying make it a bigger open world with GTA2 style faction reputation and non-linear story progression (all those arks, different people would have different ideas of how to use the soldiers and throw in an Authority person or two trying to shake things up) and you could have a really damn fun game.

dethtoll said:

Metroid 5, preferably without Sakamoto involved.

But you have Federation Force to look forward to :^)

Dungeon Keeper (not mobile plz)
Might & Magic
Blood
Rock'n'Roll Racing
Battletoads
Vampire The Masquerade
Bethesda's Call Of Cthulhu