Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swift Death demos [-complevel 9]

GrumpyCat said:

Map26 UV-Max 0:46

Good shit, I don't think anyone will beat that one anytime soon.

Yep, That was quite a surprise for me too. I was playing that map for a while but i guess i am too blind to find shortcuts such as these. Really impressive.

Map29 UV-Max in 17:34

UGH I DID IT FINALLY
God this map was a handful. Getting up to the rocket launcher was the point where it gets a bit easier, but all of those damn random monster teleport lines strewn throughout the map make it hard to find a safe spot. It also means you have to go on a little scavenger hunt to find the last monsters, specifically those two cacodemons at the very end. Includes a sick rocket fly-by.

sw291734.zip

Map30 UV-Max in 3:58

Awesome boss visuals. The whole triangle thing is really killer. I might totally steal that for use in my own maps some time. Also, the MIDI on this map is so very familiar ;)

sw30m358.zip

Map31 UV-Max in 4:53
Map32 UV-Max in 7:06

Now it can be laid to rest...

EDIT: on MAP32 there's a cacodemon flying around at the very end. He does die, I confirmed it via IDDT. He actually died to a fireball from one of the hell knights.

swideath31+32demos.zip

Nevermind, I accidentally erased it.  Dammit.  If anyone knows how to check hundredths of a second, I'd sure love to know.  I'm sick at the stomach for erasing that perfect UV-Speed.

Edited by The Bandit

If you're launching PrBoom+ from command line just add -levelstat as a parameter while playing the demo back and you'll get levelstat.txt created in the folder that's set as the current directory in the command line. The fastest way to get the stats is like this:

prboom-plus.exe -timedemo demo.lmp -nodraw -nosound -levelstat

a sample line from levelstat.txt:

MAP21 - 0:04.23 (0:04)  K: 4/90  I: 0/33  S: 1/1

Regarding your accidentally erased demo:
Doom demos are pretty small files. If you remember the filename you have a very high chance of recovering the file with any decent free file recovery software. Definitely worth a try if you consider the demo important.

5 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

If you're launching PrBoom+ from command line just add -levelstat as a parameter while playing the demo back and you'll get levelstat.txt created in the folder that's set as the current directory in the command line. The fastest way to get the stats is like this:

prboom-plus.exe -timedemo demo.lmp -nodraw -nosound -levelstat

a sample line from levelstat.txt:

MAP21 - 0:04.23 (0:04)  K: 4/90  I: 0/33  S: 1/1

Regarding your accidentally erased demo:
Doom demos are pretty small files. If you remember the filename you have a very high chance of recovering the file with any decent free file recovery software. Definitely worth a try if you consider the demo important.

Thanks.  At least I know now.  I use a batch file to be able to start over quickly.  Well, my dumbass clicked on the batch file again instead of the demo file and I overwrote it trying to figure out the hundredths on map 01.  It was an accidental exit, but the 2 second exit was so perfect I'd never be able to do it again.  Rayziik had a time of 2.83 and I'm positive this was on the low end of 2 seconds.  I wouldn't be able to do it again with a million tries.

This is why we're gonna eventually have a cloudprboom+ hooked into new dsda that auto backs up your attempts 😎

31 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Map 09 UV-Max in 1:11

Eh, why'd you guys bump this thread lol. :) Rough but the map is a luckfest. Okay that's it for me I promise.

sw09-111.zip

I had a 2 second UV-Speed for map 01 and in the process of finding out how to determine hundredths of a second, I recorded over it.  Ugh, I'm still sick about it.  Heh, sorry to stress you with more DoomXD.