Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerthex

my experience in the doomworld fourms.wad

I think you forgot to put an exit in the map, the effect of falling to your death at the end can be simulated better if you lower the player's health like in Pepper. There is too much brown for a city level, the buildings could have more textures and detail. The bed is a damaging sector, you can't get on there normally anyway (unless the map is intended for jump&crouch, you didn't specify, or you want to add viles in future versions). I like the kind of music the map uses, this is just a personal opinion but I like calm music in my doom maps, I never saw this game as the carnage mods like bd or the new doom make it look like.

The texture at the left side of the desk is unaligned, there aren't windows on top and under doomguy's house, there are some pretty big misalignements in the front building that you can see from doomguy's window, and in doomguy's building there are windows underground?.

Apparently the map was created using a crappy editor, that is pretty impressive to me as I never learned how to use doombuilder (and it's supposed to be easy!).

Thanks for sharing.

Spoiler alert: it's a tiny square room with a computer and a bed where you jump off a window and a loud distorted version of Evanescence - Bring me to Life plays.

gaspe said:

You aren't even trying at this point.

Heh.. yeh... this is a joke wad after all...

I promise the next map will be better...

Please, tell us what port and what IWAD is this made for?

EDIT: ZDoom, Doom 2 MAP01 works fine.
EDIT2: here it is...
-------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

6 1024x768 screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/sAMWd
One of them shows the automap.

Now, for blind people:

You start the map in front of a desk and a laptop on it. FLAT20 for the keyboard, how stunning! To the right of you is your bed. Don't jump on it, it's 20% damaging. The only way out is the window... how philosophical. You land on a street. Yay! You're free from your room! You're free like a bird! You can go anywhere! Well, the impassable linedef doesn't think so. It limits your vision of the world to yet frickin' another 20% damage sector and j00 d13!!!11! Oh no I'm so trolled, save me.

The map also has a new HUD face and a weird death sound. The face can be seen on the screenshots, the death sound just has to be heard. If you ask me politely though, I might upload to Mediafire :]

SUMMARY: you've just wasted THREE AND A HALF MEGABYTES of my hard drive. Please, stop this and get yourself a map editor.

Zerthex said:

Heh.. yeh... this is a joke wad after all...

I promise the next map will be better...

Please, just make a normal map.

You know what? I have a request:

Make a MAP09 for Freedoom. I already have a copy of the future MAP09, but I want to see YOU do something good. Please. Do it for me.
(If you wish to see this MAP09 I have, just say the word)

i guess i was the only one expecting this wad to be like Oh noes community is falling series wad... only to find this big dissapoinment...

oh well i guess i never going to see a decent jokewad nowadays

Voros said:

Make a MAP09 for Freedoom. I already have a copy of the future MAP09, but I want to see YOU do something good. Please. Do it for me.

ok challange accepted

The "joke" is kind of ruined by the player not dying the instant you hit the floor. But I'm guessing that's because of the map format's limitation?

Agentbromsnor said:

The "joke" is kind of ruined by the player not dying the instant you hit the floor. But I'm guessing that's because of the map format's limitation?

yes...

Voros said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6V9rJ251TaON1NYTHFCQ090TG8/view?usp=sharing thus is done.. it is for freedoom...

Zerthex said:

yes...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6V9rJ251TaOMWpDRFFlN1hsbm8/view?usp=sharing this is it so far... all i need to do now is add more monsters and items.... but im bad at doing that...

You see Zerthex i saw the "map09" and even for vanilla aim. i feel its not enough since it just a corridor connected each other.

i looked trough my first wad with some of my old maps and honestly my maps frm map 01 to map12, All where square rooms with 64x32 doors because i didnt know how to reduce the size of the grids by that time. map 13 and 14 still have a bit squary sectors but at least now they have different sizes and a bit of more random forms (but yet squary). it took me until map 18 where i start to use less squary sectors and more rounded corners and all. but you have more than squary sectors since you actually try different sector forms and this is a good thing.

about thing placement. im not good at that too, thing placement for my submission for THT project was all work by fonze i just only worked in the map layout which also fonze help me to fill parts where i didnt have idea on how to continue (the cemetery he did is still something i like)

but when i do thing placement the only thing i have on mind its: if cant make it out trough the level with pistol start, then problably nobody else will unless they are a mega pro. im not a pro a doom. but also that dont means i suck at doom (at least i still can fist punch every monster in game and get out alive to tell it. except cyberdemon which sometimes kill me and spider mastermind for obvious reason).

anyway what i mean, try to place monster things as you like, try it and if you find it harder that take you like 10-20 tries to get out of that level then its way too hard and probably way too hard for everyone else and take into consideration things like for example: if it too easy for you despite you place like 5 archvile, and 30 revenants in a room, that doesnt mean that everyone would find that room easy.

in short: keep working on that map dont post it when you made it under 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. just keep working and working lets say, 2 weeks for example trying different texture mix, different things placement, add a room that would make interesting place, for example in map "house of pain" from Doom i found interesting that room with those hanging dudes you see in the window because was something i never saw in the previous episodes. so yeah add scenery or things that make unique such room.

you dont need to make an epic detailed map to be a "good map" you only need to work more time in yours maps to achieve a acceptable work. but if you keep poping a map like this one then probably people would take you more a troll than someone who honestrly try to improve the map.

just try it pal :)

I'm just gonna be a bit rude and say it.
I think this is going to Post Hell. Sorry.
I could be wrong though.

Z0k said:

just try it pal :)

He refuses to listen to my shortcoming replies, you expect him to read this wall of text?

joe-ilya said:

He refuses to listen to my shortcoming replies, you expect him to read this wall of text?

honestly? yes if he want to improve, if not then it just another troll who will keep doing the same kind of map over and over again.

He made like 20 wads of the same quality as this one, just look at the pages of this forum and find at what page did you stop seeing a thread by him.

joe-ilya said:

He made like 20 wads of the same quality as this one, just look at the pages of this forum and find at what page did you stop seeing a thread by him.

i thought people stopped making intentionally bad jokeWADs a while ago
or is that not true?

It's a trend with the kids who just found out about mapping, it's like a kid who drew a doodle and hanged it on your fridge for everyone to see, just to feel better about itself.

joe-ilya said:

It's a trend with the kids who just found out about mapping, it's like a kid who drew a doodle and hanged it on your fridge for everyone to see, just to feel better about itself.

At least it isn't a gient penis with a terry trap in it!

Zerthex said:

how does that make it any better?
it's like you know it's a piece of shit, you admit it's a piece of shit, but you're still trying to cover it in gold. wtf?

Zerthex said:

Giant*

And it might aswell be a gient penis map with terry trap.

I'm now going to give you the attention you crave by telling you that you are now on my ignore list so I never see anything from you ever again because let's face it everything you do and say here is worthless to everyone ever.

Bye.

mrthejoshmon said:

I'm now going to give you the attention you crave by telling you that you are now on my ignore list so I never see anything from you ever again because let's face it everything you do and say here is worthless to everyone ever.

Bye.

^ Good call. I didn't even know about the ignore list. I just added him, thanks for the tip.