Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Regular Geometry - 3 short maps

Download
Tested with prBoom+

Regular Geometry is what you could call a preview of sorts. It was the first three maps of what was planned to be a full length Boom compatible megawad. However, too many ideas have popped into my mind since Eternity Engine vastly improved its portal code, so I have since switched the project to that port under the name Strange Geometry. But, since the maps are going to be overhauled, I wanted to release these three maps as they are for people to enjoy them before they get makeovers. I also want feedback on my mapping skills, to see if I have improved.

The latter two maps of this three map set may seem familiar to some; they are redone versions of maps from my mapset Bone Dry, an even earlier version of this megawad, from which one of those maps was lifted from an even earlier release of the megawad. It's kind of been a long development process.

I can say right away I'm loving the classic mapping style. I want to see more classic style megawads. I'm even making one myself if I can get off my lazy ass and get to work.

There are a few WIPs going around I need to leave feedback for, but I'll be adding this to the list. Those screens look mighty fine!

Ah, good catch, I'll have to fix that when I get the chance. I also forgot to include custom music tracks, which I'll have to do in that update.

I've replaced the file with the updated version, fixing the bugs and adding the texture I forgot to include in.

OK I actually finished map 3 now. And I gotta say this is a really nice wad. I like kinda short levels (personal opinion) and the music is great (especially on map 2)

There is one thing that is not really a huge deal but I figured I would bring to your attention.

This zombie right here on map 3 just stands in place. He wont shoot at you and just waits there for you to kill him (or let him live because he is a passive zombie ;-))
http://imgur.com/a/6gtJz

Located here (map view)
http://imgur.com/a/d0IXT