Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Lost megawads

So I started this thread to ask what is going on with a few megawads that I knew were in development, but I haven't seen anything on more some time.

First one: What happened to Necromantic Thirst? That thing looked awesome!

Another one I've been looking forward to for about 10 years now, Vilecore 2. What happened?

And the last one: That megawad that darkreaver and I think dannebubinga were working on?

General Rainbow Bacon said:

So I started this thread to ask what is going on with a few megawads that I knew were in development, but I haven't seen anything on more some time.

And the last one: That megawad that darkreaver and I think dannebubinga were working on?

You mean, Revelations of Doom? I believe it's Deathevokation and darkreaver. And I really hope the project is not dead.

Also wondering what happened to Kama Sutra 2, Doom X (Tarnsman's project) and No End In Sight.

Firedust said:

Doom X (Tarnsman's project)

What the hell is Doom X?

How about Deus Vult II: Second Edition? It's been over two years since the last few screenshots. And also in the meantime Huy got himself banned. Come on. I need this thing in my life. :/

Jimp Argon said:

Google is so hard to use.

It is when someone is calling something your project and you've never even heard of it.

Revelations of Doom is still in "the making". Actually its really close to getting into testing phase, BUT we are currently at a stand still atm, and have been so for I guess a couple of years at least, heh...

I know Deathevokation is doing some mapping still, but I dont even have a PC up and running atm. We have not abandoned any plans of releasing it, we just need one hell of a fucking motivation boost (and spare time) to finish it off :)

Necromantic Thirst is also still being developed, albeit slowly, as can be seen on the French community's boards. I only discovered that fairly recently myself (and was quite elated!), as I had thought the project had essentially collapsed under the weight of some internal drama some time ago. Somewhere in the Doomworld forums one of the project's members uploaded a sort of 'fragments' pack of levels or something a while back, but I'm not sure if it's still up or if the content it contains is actually still a part of the project proper.

What did ever happen to No End in Sight? I think I've actually heard more about its supposed sequel than the first iteration these past couple of years.

Tarnsman said:

It is when someone is calling something your project and you've never even heard of it.

touché

Salt-Man Z said:

Impatient as I am for BTSX E3, at this point I'm looking forward to its release as much for NEIS E4 as for its own sake.

For what it's worth, I believe that issue was resolved at some point, so NEIS shouldn't be waiting on anything BTSX-related as far as I know.

joe-ilya said:

Mordeth :(

hey, look on the bright side; it made us get an award for the cacowards.
that makes me wonder, what'll happen if mordeth ever is actually finished? will they have to retire the mordeth award?

roadworx said:

that makes me wonder, what'll happen if mordeth ever is actually finished? will they have to retire the mordeth award?

The meaning should still resonate with the community, so it would most likely stay.

Tarnsman said:

What the hell is Doom X?

Apologies, might have gotten the author wrong. For some silly reason remembered it like that... No idea why.

EDIT: Concerning NEIS,

Xaser said: It will be done this year. => Post from 2013 => oh dear.

Also, what is happening with Stomper and Devilution and UDTWID?

But then I can't really complain. We already got 6 megawads this year.

Jimmy said:

Dark Plutonia

:<

yeah. shame about that and the guy just leaving (because of a spat over some project leadership or whatever iirc)

nice to see that necromantic thirst is still being developed! it looked quite impressive.

as for mordeth, i guess he has little time, interest, whatever, it's not easy to meet expectations after the first episode, and mapping standards are higher today.

not sure about that doomx, based on the trailer. lots of custom enemies, but they stick out like a sore thumb.

Firedust said:

Also, what is happening with Stomper and Devilution and UDTWID?

UDTWID has been almost done for like a year now

I've been on the fence about the idea of contacting people who have been working on projects that seem like they are dead, and offering to help and/or take over. I don't know how those people would feel about it, but I think I have a pretty good track record for collaborating and project management.

Projects like Doom Millennium, Kama Sutra 2, Dark Plutonia, Mordeth, Scythe x, Slaughterfest 3, and No End in Sight need to see the light of day.

I do good work! I can finish maps, fix broken maps, and donate guest maps to flesh the project out if need be. I also do graphics and play test (to check if things are fun and functional; I'm not so good with technical stuff) Anyone has a project that they think is stagnating, and at risk of dying, please contact me!

Lost maps 2 is largely delayed because a few CPs I participate at, are on the edge of getting lost.
Examples:
1; doomed in space
2; UDINO
3; undeath '94
4; switcheroom 2
5; DMP2015