Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: Crusades

^^ during dime's stream I saw he grabbed it with sr50 instead of RL boost. I tried that for awhile but couldn't get it. I wonder if that's because he was in zdoom, or if I'm just bad? :p

Ribbiks said:

^^ during dime's stream I saw he grabbed it with sr50 instead of RL boost. I tried that for awhile but couldn't get it. I wonder if that's because he was in zdoom, or if I'm just bad? :p

I also had noticed a "grabbable" key somewhere, but in vanilla that particular one would require ~30 speed to get it due to the direction. I assume it's just zdoom.

Yeah I managed it with SR50 and it only took a few goes, using ZDoom. Seems a bit strange that something like that got through the compat settings though?

Eris Falling said:

Seems a bit strange that something like that got through the compat settings though?

This is not a big deal as most people don't know about these grabs, no infinite tall monsters in the zdoom settings tho...

I believe anc was referring to dime's stream run, where he grabbed that YSK then shortly afterwards realized he had inf height turned off.

Yeah, Dime's run should read as illegal because he didn't fix his compat settings until e4m3 but he died before I did so I totally legitimized it.

Come at me, Dime.

EDIT: Also come at 4shockblast's stream, which starts in at least ~90 minutes.

YK grab discussion: it's a tricky one in -complevel 3, but IMO fast speed is not required at all, just the right angle.

Here I am with my entry for the month: Another Unholy Crusade.

It's a winning run that visits the secret level, but I'm about 10 minutes slower than Ribbiks. Lost a lot of time forgetting where the welter of switches and bars and plates and locked doors and such are, especially in E4M5. Alas. Reckon I played okay on the whole, at least, although I did get hit with a long-distance rocket by the siegecow trundling around on the bridge in E4M8 and was thus down to 10% health for a minute or two, right in front of a squad of shotgun sergeants no less. All worked out in the end, though!

Fine choice of WAD this month, Alfonzo, I've always liked Rich Wiles' stuff.

Petition to forevermore refer to cyberdemons aso siegecows?

Gonna grab some water and prepare to die. It'll probably be pretty quickly, I'm going into this entirely blind.

https://www.twitch.tv/aclonedpickle

e: :toot:

Cleared the mapset, no secret level. In fact I don't think I found a single secret at all! Dunno what my time was, if I'm the one who's supposed to record that lemme know~

e2: highlight link https://www.twitch.tv/aclonedpickle/v/86479170

Woah, that's pretty neat. I'm just gliding the cursor over the highlight's timeline checking for some beat-up doomguy mugs and they're few and far between. A mostly bruise-free run? Very impressive, considering it was done blind. I thought you were going to pull a ClumsyDoomer and collect a massive brown one at the last hurdle, though; that e4m6-like cyber in the castle can still hit you when you're dancing around outside!

What I'll probably do for future gigs is pin up the instructions to reach the secret level in the OP so everyone's on the same playing field if they're in it to win it - spoilered, of course.

@Preliatus: The demo desyncs for me, unfortunately. I'll sneak it into the OP anyhow as a DNF. Better luck next time!

Alfonzo said:

@Preliatus: The demo desyncs for me, unfortunately. I'll sneak it into the OP anyhow as a DNF. Better luck next time!

Anxiously awaiting the next Ironman League post!

Going to do the next one with Comp-compatiable Zdoom next time to avoid the crash to desktop issue with Chocolate Doom.

The end of the month is here, and it looks like Ribbiks is going to hold on to top spot after his premeditated clean-sweep of the competition. Awesome! Sort of. There's nothing in the rules that disallows preparation of any kind and neither will there be in future, since someone's always going to know more about the subject unless it's completely fresh (me, for instance), but it's nice to see the blind and the ignorant have a fair dinkum crack at the ultimate prize; the props are still mad and well-deserved, in any case. Meanwhile, DotW has seen out his second straight DWIronman challenge to earn the mantle of master survivalist. Will September's offering knock him off the pace?

The next mapset will be revealed and blooded on the 31st at http://www.twitch.tv/st_alfonzo 17:00 EDT, and the thread will be slapped up immediately afterwards. That's tomorrow, everyone - Watch Me Die!

Why aren't people in this thread talking about the broken/screwed pistol sound replacement?