Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qdash

Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse

Finally we got it:

Congratulations, my friends! G100 with 3360 sensor is here. Can't wait for 10 september. :>

I will never understand why some companies create a "gaming mouse" with these small "pads" below it. I've seen some instances in which these pads were the first thing to be worn out, which is flat out ridiculous, let alone that bigger pads make for easier movement. Probably one of the cheapest components of a mouse, but logitech still manages to goof it up. Apparently enough people don't give a damn about the mechanically stressed parts of mouse, if the numbers look good on paper.

That thing isn't even adjustable for different hand-sizes, which is a feature I learned to appreciate some time ago, because a female hand is a bit different from male hands, and each hand is unique in it's own right. The mousewheel looks like it will be a nice pain in the ass to keep clean, while it will also transport dust and the likes into the "casing" of the mouse. Furthermore the mouse-buttons are enclosed on the sides, which is just bad design, completely unnecessary, and another place where dust will accumulate. IMO that thing is rubbish.

I don't know what logitech will be asking for that thing, but it probably isn't worth it.

Is it bad that I've been using the same generic $10 Dell mouse for about 10 years now? Maybe I'm just not receptive to subtle differences. My friend has a gaming mouse with a bunch of buttons on the side that I mash repeatedly every time I try to use it, at least this one looks relatively normal.

I agree with you, most of "gaming" devices was utter crap for years, but situation almost changed after all these years and I'm happy with this announce. :>

Classic Doom and singleplayer games overall don't need anything else than standart office mouse and keyboard for 5 bucks with large lift-off distance and low tracking speed. But hardcore online gaming (QL, CS:GO, Reflex, UT e t.c.) needs normal devices(mouse and pad) to reach really good level of playing.

I'm actually quite curious to try something new, for all I know this could be why I'm just a deathmatcher rather than a good deathmatcher - my friend's mouse with 9,000 buttons and overgrown keyboard turned me off of the 'gamer gear' type stuff years ago but maybe it's worth it giving the more practical stuff a shot. It would be nice if I could try it before laying down any money. Not that I'd be willing to spend all that much on a mouse+keyboard anyway, but still.

Wow, that cable actually looks sturdy. That has always been my biggest gripe with Logitech mice, even the legends like mx518 and g5 (which was THE definite Doom deathmatching mouse some 10 years ago). I don't know if I'm doing the mousing thing wrong, but I always damaged the connection of the optic cable and being too lazy to resolder it awkwardly I had to buy a new one. Or maybe it was a good business plan on Logitech's part.

it looks like a pretty slick mouse. not that i am in need of a replacement anytime soon, especially if this one is gonna be priced high.

Doomkid said:

I'm actually quite curious to try something new

Isn't there some store where they sell input devices near you? I would imagine that the employees there would be willing to unpack a couple things for you, so you can lay hands on them. I think the most important thing to look for is decent equip that fits your hands.

I got a madcatz R.A.T pro x for birthday last year, after using a rat 9 for quite a long time. Not sure how others feel about these, but I like them both. Didn't even need a new mouse, the rat 9 was perfectly fine, but I admit that I was eyeballing the rat pro x for quite some time back then. In all honesty I think the pro x is damn expensive, so I probably wouldn't have bought it, unless I really had to get me a new mouse, and even then I most likely would have picked another rat 9 instead, because of the lower prize tag, and knowing what I'd get for my money.

I think keyboards don't need to be state of the art to be suited for gaming, they just need to be responsive in the sense that a shorter distance to push is preferable, and the keys shouldn't feel wonky. But that's just me.

Anyways, if you can, go find a store that has some gear that you can see and lay hands on, should be easy to "guesstimate" what you will want, after having some basis for comparison.

Mine:

Best mouse I ever had in my hands(I tried many mouses) - perfect clicks, absolutely best wheel and side buttons, good coating, excellent shape(almost ambidextous at base) and sensor, but now it's time to change. Logitech MX300/G100 with top optical sensor was my personal dream.

Sure Bowb said:

I don't know what logitech will be asking for that thing, but it probably isn't worth it.

All my equipment is logitech, it's a high end brand that creates very good products, If "adjustable" you are refeering to the RAT, it's one of the only thing madcraps havent totally botch on quality that I'v seen, I'm sorry you have baby hands XD.

NoisM said:

hardcore online gaming (QL, CS:GO, Reflex, UT e t.c.) needs normal devices(mouse and pad) to reach really good level of playing.

Lol, not the best way to waste money, in my opinion. As far as i know, that 1337 n0sc0pe mlg stuff also breaks very quickly. The only "expensive" piece of equipment I approve is a mechanical keyboard. I had bought one 3 or 4 years ago and it's sweet. My $10 mouse serves me greatly for the same amount of time.

Dragonfly said:

I'll stick to my Logitech G600 for now. :P

HOLY SHIT did you allow a mouse and a flip phone to have a baby? Is that designed for WoW players or what?

ClumsyDoomer said:

Lol, not the best way to waste money, in my opinion. As far as i know, that 1337 n0sc0pe mlg stuff also breaks very quickly. The only "expensive" piece of equipment I approve is a mechanical keyboard. I had bought one 3 or 4 years ago and it's sweet. My $10 mouse serves me greatly for the same amount of time.

That's about me: I lost my aim then I used Deathadder, because this mouse fits in my hand badly. But when I purchased Kana situation was much better. At other hand I playing on very low sens and tracking speed on Kana was not enough for me. I changed then I got Roccat Savu. Sensor, shape, clicks and shape very important things in mouse. With keyboard situation isn't so easy, I love linear switches on my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with Cherry MX Black, but it's more about how it feels than any effect on skill.

Dragonfly said:

HOW WOULD YOU EVEN USE THAT?
srsly, that looks super inconvenient. it's like someone had an atari 5200 controller and thought "HMMM, THIS WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF IT WERE ON A MOUSE :D"

roadworx said:

how

What do you mean? It's just a mouse with more thumb buttons. I'm using it to play WoW, and you learn pretty quickly what action you put on which button. And it's not like you press the thumb buttons by accident - they have a pretty high resistance.

I'm using a Logitech G602. It has 6 buttons on the side and they're smaller than the 600. Like Boris said you get used to them. The pads on the bottom of the 602 are bigger and made of pretty sturdy stuff.

i mean, tbh, the mouse i'm using only has two; and i almost never use them. i mean i guess the thumb buttons would come in handy when playing WoW or LoL, but wouldn't those mice be a bit uncomftorable? i mean, they are pretty tall...

this is the mouse i use:

Spoiler

roadworx said:

but wouldn't those mice be a bit uncomftorable? i mean, they are pretty tall...

It's not higher than other Logitech mice, like the G700 or MX518. In fact it's pretty short for a Logitech mouse. It really comes down to preference and what mouse grip you're using. Before the G600 was release I tried out the Razer Naga, but for my big hands and fingertip grip it was just too small, so it was uncomfortable to reach all thumb buttons.

Doomkid said:

Is it bad that I've been using the same generic $10 Dell mouse for about 10 years now? Maybe I'm just not receptive to subtle differences. My friend has a gaming mouse with a bunch of buttons on the side that I mash repeatedly every time I try to use it, at least this one looks relatively normal.

Nah, I still use the same generic $30 keyboard & mouse set that I bought about 8 years ago.

That actually looks pretty nice. I'd really like to get a decent mouse (the one I have works fine, but it's nothing special); the problem I've found is that most "gaming mice" seem to be designed to look "cool" rather than being designed for actual function. And invariably "cool" means some ridiculous shit like this thing:

So by contrast the mouse in the OP actually looks nice simply because it looks like a normal mouse, designed for function over form, and something that wouldn't be awkward as hell to hold in my hand.

Dragonfly said:

To each their own, I guess, but that reminds me of this thing.

Dragonfly said:

Ya the g600 is so great, I dont want to come back from mmo mice, My favorite mouse I've used yet.

fraggle said:

That actually looks pretty nice. I'd really like to get a decent mouse (the one I have works fine, but it's nothing special); the problem I've found is that most "gaming mice" seem to be designed to look "cool" rather than being designed for actual function. And invariably "cool" means some ridiculous shit like this thing:

That's what I am using at the moment. I think it is quite an expensive mouse compared to others, but I can tell you that it is a lot more comfortable in your hand than it would appear. Before that I used a RAT 9 and was happy enough with it, that I would have just bought it again if I needed a new mouse, but I was lucky enough to get that thing for birthday.

In all honesty, I think it does not matter how it looks. It's not like I look at my mouse when playing games or working, so I would generally say that money spent on the looks is not necessarily money spent in the customers best interest.

Since I bought my RAT 9 I did not look back, however. They're on par with what logitech puts up, in my point of view. I like the thumb-pads, which are similar to the ones the logitech G602 has, and they feel just as responsive.

The mousewheel also feels very trustworthy, it's easy to clean, and does not transport dust and dirt into the mouse, which might not seem like much, but it's still a plus.

If you want to try some "ridiculous looking mouse" like this, try a RAT9, much cheaper, good quality, not as colourful as the proX, yet still a good product.

Before trying the RAT9 I was using a razor diamondhead for what feels like ages, it was decent enough at the time, but it was not as comfortable as the RAT9.

I just never got really "warm" with what logitech puts up. Either I didn't like the size or the shape of those, or they did not feel good for some unkown reason. They're obviously not bad technically, but logitech still manages to goof up things that I have come to appreciate, if they're done properly.

I feel like if I still played WoW I would be more into these mice, but along the same lines, after receiving a Logitech mouse, might have been the g700, I will never go back to Logitech. Give me the el-cheapo mouse and I'm much happier. It's not that there is anything inherently wrong with the mouse (well, might be one thing: the mousewheel), it's for 2 main reasons. First and foremost, that mousewheel. Idk if it was broken before I ever opened the package, or if this is just a thing now, but what's with a mousewheel with no *clicking* and no traction. The thing almost gets no friction in there so a simple move of the mouse often leads to me raising and lowering floor/ceiling heights in DB. To the point that I have made it a habit to always touch the mousewheel's sides to prevent it from moving when I don't want it to. It's the dumbest design I've ever seen in a mouse and blows my mind as to how anyone would find such a thing useful in the slightest. Of course playing doom with said mouse is tons of fun, given the weapon switch function on the mousewheel up/down. The second issue I have with it is the extra buttons. My mouse came with what I can only assume to be different "modes" of operating, or at least different "profiles." Problem is, the computer doesn't recognize them as individual signals, so it groups one in with, say, the control button, another becomes something random like x, another one is the same as pressing m, etc. It totally removes the point of extra buttons, especially when my setup involves me using, say, control, x, or m. Switching the active profile/whatever on the mouse only leads to more confusion and frustration as some buttons appear to be turned off and don't get recognized by the system.

Gg Logitech; you got me for a mouse. Though I will say I avoid Logitech like the plague it is now. Would like to know what's up with mousewheels with no friction, though.

Fonze said:

Would like to know what's up with mousewheels with no friction, though.

This is also something I will never understand. Though I have to wonder how it happened that you noticed that mousewheel issue in DB and not while actually playing. I would imagine it would have been a constant issue, unless, like you said, you "held" the wheel in place the whole time over, which sounds very stressful to me...

Typically there's a button on the mouse right next to the scroll wheel that locks the wheel into clicker mode and unlocks it for free spin mode. That mouse didn't have one? Or was it actually supposed to be only clicker mode? I find that strange in either scenario.

Oh I noticed it playing; it's just that when it's a minor, quick fix that happens instictively, it's not as bad as when it's a lingering problem that will haunt you later, if that makes sense. Of course God forbid I used the shift key to get kind in DB, as then not only would heights change, they also would change by numbers smaller than 8 pixels, making it even harder to notice them and more time-consuming to fix. Of course fixing anything like that with that mouse also meant trying to stop the mousewheel at the exact moment, in between input locations around the wheel (or however it works), aiming towards a void, then releasing the mousewheel, in case it was only a hair away from the input loacation. With nothing to stop it from moving that micron, I'd constantly fix something, go to look away or move away, then watch as the mouse would mess it or something else nearby up again, and again, and again. I guess it comes down to a different level of frustration between something that is an instant problem and noticeable and something that is a dormant problem and tough to notice in the moment it happens, if that makes sense.

So are mousewheels like that really a thing? What use do they have? What games take advantage of a mousewheel that can be spun like one of those balls on the old arcade games? Furthermore, what type of game would require such specialization of the mousewheel, while also not getting messed up by the fact that the mousewheel could send the comp input into at any time? I feel like I'd be less confused and frustrated if I at least understood the logic behind such a design.

Ray: to my knowledge, there was no clicker button. I do not know if it was supposed to be both, but it was always just the one way for me.

I have the G502

And a G510 for a keyboard

In both cases, I previously thought that spending extra money on a mouse or keyboard was silly and a waste. But, I've come to appreciate a nice keyboard that has programmable keys. These help me in not only games, but my music software.

The same goes with the mouse. Some VSTs don't have the option to hold shift or use another mouse button to slowly change a parameter. Or, they don't slow it down enough. Having the ability to change mouse sensitivity on the fly is therefore very helpful. Also games. It's nice to have extra buttons in WoW and a few FPS games.