Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyDoomer

Scars / injuries

How miserable was your life (or how stupid were you during your childhood)?

1) When I was a dumbass, I had put a 5 kg (11 lbs) dumbbell on a shelf. After several minutes I had noticed that it started slowly rolling off it. I decided to catch it because everyone in my home was sleeping at that time and I didn't want to wake anyone. So, I ran towards the shelf, reached out for the dumbbell while it was falling down already and... boom, fail. The dumbbell had landed right on the tip of my finger (pinky, to be more precise). Thankfully it didn't get the fingernail or the bone. It was like a scratch, but it was huge, thick and the entire fingertip had turned blue. I was scared as hell.

2) The only bone I had broken in my life is a phalanx of that pinky I was talking about earlier. Tried to catch a basketball ball during the PE lesson in our school, lol. Skipped a couple of lessons, thankfully.

3) Once upon a time my finger (ring finger this time) had turned red and started swelling. It was itchy as hell. When I got home, the skin started literally dissolving. Creepy and painful. Thankfully, it wasn't very serious.

4) Smashed my chin into asphalt a long time ago. There was a lot of blood for some reason.

My memory is bad though. Maybe I'll post something else here.

hoo boy...i have lots of stories from when i was a small, dumb child

1.) i ran into the corner of a wall when i was in first grade, left blood all over the place. i still have a scar from it.

2.) my brother threw two rocks at me on two separate occasions; one hit me in the leg, the other hit me in the head.

3.) i dislocated my toe because i stubbed it on a couch

4.) got splinters all over the back of my hand because i tried climbing a wooden fence...and failed miserably

5.) my family's old cat scratched me right below the eye when i was teasing him with a piece of string...we put him down after that ):

6.) a basketball pole fell on my head. it hurt.

7.) many soccerballs and basketballs have hit me in the face

8.) a kid punched me with a pencil...yes, punched me with a PENCIL. i still don't know how he did it.

my childhood sucked

I have a small scar on my left cheek from when my father accidentally scratched my face when I was a baby. It's barely visible now, unfortunately. Sometimes I lie and tell people some guy knifed me to fuck with them.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

I have a small scar on my left cheek from when my father accidentally scratched my face when I was a baby. It's barely visible now, unfortunately. Sometimes I lie and tell people some guy knifed me to fuck with them.

jesus christ he left a scar by scratching you? how sharp were his fingernails?

I've got a three and a half inch scar on the back of my head from a car accident. Can't see it unless I have my head shaved.

TraceOfSpades said:

I've got a three and a half inch scar on the back of my head from a car accident. Can't see it unless I have my head shaved.

aw, jeez...that had to have sucked. was the other driver alright?

HorrorMovieGuy said:

@roadworx Pretty big, I assume, since it left a scar and all. He only clips them when they start to get too big and "sissy" looking, in his own words.

are these your father's fingernails, by any chance?

I busted my eye brow pretty bad in a bicycle accident when I was 6. Had to get four stitches. There's a little scar there. My wife thinks it's cool :>

I've never broken any bones or anything. I had a pretty healthy childhood.

roadworx said:

aw, jeez...that had to have sucked. was the other driver alright?

Yeah. The other driver was uninjured. I had a broken wrist, the gash on the back of my head, and some nerve damage in my right knee. Other than that and some bruising, I was fine.

Here's the vehicle I was in:

Spoiler

Outside.

Spoiler

Inside.
Spoiler

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah. The other driver was uninjured. I had a broken wrist, the gash on the back of my head, and some nerve damage in my right knee. Other than that and some bruising, I was fine.

Here's the vehicle I was in:

Spoiler

holy fuck...i'm glad you got away with just that! it looks like that was a horrible accident, that must've hurt!

You know, it didn't hurt much until the next day. Trying to climb into the shower was fucking brutal. I was sore as hell for a good week.

But a sudden stop from 60+mph will do that. Haha

When I was a lot younger I was in a fight that I gained a scar from on my hand. I threw a punch and the person ducted down, and I hit a steel shutter. I kicked him in the head right after, though when he was crouched down.

I have a very small Y shaped white mark on the palm of my left hand, it is where an 8 inch nail fucked my shit and punctured my hand and almost got through the other side, my hand looked like a fucking crab due the swelling it caused.

-

I have many small scars on my left ankle from where a bar sheared off an old bed and decided to fuck my shit up, hardcore fuck my shit up.

-

My nose is misaligned from where I got utterly rekt in a fight, "It adds character" and "you got a boxer's nose" people have told me.

I got a scar of a bite on my left shoulder, i can't remember when i did it, it's still visible though, yet i wonder how the hell i did bite myself in the shoulder.
Also i got a scar on my forehead from a dog i had when i was a kid, one day while playing with him, he bited me in my forehead, sadly he died in a car accident, i really loved that dog.

I have a large scar on my upper lip from when I was eight years old. It was my dad's birthday and our ex-friends dog (it was a large boxer) attacked me. It was chained to a near empty cooler and literally charged for my face a few seconds after I looked at it. I guess it felt challenged. All I remember was seeing blood all over my hands, face, arms, shirt. Everywhere. I lost an inch of lip and had a huge cut on the inside of my cheek. To this day I have lost mobility of the right side of my upper lip, but thankfully the scar has healed well and isn't too noticeable.

It all worked out though because we ended up winning a shitload of lawsuit money. The dog was put down. If nobody had been around to drive me to emergency I'd likely have bled to death. The dog originally went for my eyes but I remember throwing my head back just in time. It could have been even worse.

When I was a kid, I was helping my grandfather saw wood, with a handsaw. I fucked up, and sliced my knuckle and have a scar there too.

Edit:

This thread reminds me of this:

Let's see..

A friend thought it would be a great idea to jump off a low bridge, onto my shoulders. I bashed my head against a concrete ledge, resulting in a small scar on my forehead, right beneath the hairline.

Another friend hid in the forest, dressed up as a psycho killer. When he appeared from behind a tree and swung a knife at me I raised my arms in front of my face by instinct and ended up getting stabbed in the hand. (Yes, I have horrible friends)

I used to explore abandoned buildings and stuff and once had a glass shard drop on my hand when climbing through a broken window. It left a nasty M-shaped scar on my finger. (which actually looks kinda cool)

I forgot I also have a scar at the base of my left thumb. When I was two I got my hands on a large knife in the kitchen and tried to slice an apple for myself...in a chopping motion...while I was still holding the apple.

Bled like a sonofabitch.

I hit both of my ankles not too long ago at middle school on some stairs on two different times and dented my front bones, I couldn't walk too far for a whole year or run at all, now I just have the scars left.

I broke my arm while trying to jump over a fence, I tore both of my knees because I tripped on a sharp cobblestone bridge, and I smashed my right foot with a segway while riding it for the first time and having to urgently stop yet not knowing how to.
I tore both of my knees on the slippery (there were no signs) outdoor asphalt while running around with my friends in elementary school.
A fatso kicked my thumb and it broke.

I accidentally peeled off a bit of skin on my foot to the flesh.

My rabbit accidentally made two wide and deep scratches on my upper leg, I don't have scars there for some reason.
I had a stray cat in my house, that once grabbed my arm and poked some holes in it.
A tiny nail once scratched my torso while I was running.
One of my feet dislocate if I roam over mountains too much.

Not really an injury, but I once stepped on a point-up nail on the ground while I was running in the rain, going up (the city I live in is set on a steep mountain) into my mom's workplace far up the mountain to help her get the groceries home, and only when I approached back home, I realised that my foot is wet and cold, when I took a look at the bottom of my shoe, I saw a nail that pierced through my shoe and between my toes.

I also have a scar on my arm because of all the vaccines that I took.

Getting hit in the lower jaw with a machete. My own fault, throwing a machete, while technically possible, can have repercussions. I've practiced with throwing knives and axes, and found that you can generally throw any bladed weapon with success. Sometimes it hits on the hilt, and bounces off. With a 36" machete, it can bounce off the target and end up in your jaw.

I spent three hours pouring hydrogen peroxide and iodine on the wound, using paper towels to soak up the blood. I closed it with super glue once the major bleeding stopped. Now it's a smaller scar than any I've had from stitches, and I keep superglue in my first aid kit.

It was the last day of kindergarten and it was one of those game days you have at the end of the year in elementary school. Anyways one of the games was this tag game where you have like these belts in your pants and to score points you had to pull out the other players belt.

Now some fool thought it was a good idea for the kids to play on a gravel surface and naturally while running on the gravel I slipped and my right knee scraped against the gravel for a little distance.

From what I could remember there seemed to be a bit of a hole in my knee (Or it could have just been my 5 year old brain) and all the school nurse did was put a band aid and naturally it got infected.

I can still see where the injury happened due to the skin looking weird around where I scraped my knee.

I accidentally ripped my right thumb off about 12 years ago. I now have a scar that goes right through where my nail used to grow. So the nail nowadays grows weird.

Oh frick!

I've had something like that 6 times.

1. Faceplanted on Concrete in the backyard and I've had to get stitches when I believe was 4 years old? I forget.
2. Cut my hand when I was cutting an apple. Also got stitches. I think It was about a decade later.
3. Washing a plate until it slipped out of my hand and cut my finger. No stitches, just a wrap around band-aid. I was around 19
4. Not really that bad but, an airgun (drill) fell on my knee when I was working at Itrex, but thankfully it was the handle that fell on it.
5. Metal sheet cut my arm while I was emptying the metal bin. Again, wrap around.
6. Oh my gah! It was on September 28th of last year. When I was playing hide and seek with my friends while they were chasing me, I ran so fast, I faceplanted on concrete stairs and yep, stitches as well as fracturing my nose. I guess I was too fast for my own good. Damn, kind of a fatal thing.

Damn, I guess I'm a bit too reckless.
I do have others, but they're nothing too major.

roadworx said:

holy moly
that...that must've hurt. a lot.

That's the weird thing, it didn't hurt. My face just went numb after it hit, and it took me a few seconds to realize what happened. I went into the bathroom because I keep most of my first aid supplies in there; and I knew I had been hit, I just didn't know how bad it was. Then I looked in the mirror and saw blood streaming down my chin. But again, it didn't hurt, it just felt numb. Which is probably worse than pain, because if it's numb that means you've severed all the nerves that would usually let you know that something painful is happening.

But I did learn something new from it, there's a gap between the skin outside of your jaw and the inside skin layer that surrounds your gums. And I got to look inside of it.

1) Once fractured my wrist after falling down some stairs
2) Managed to burn my right cheek on a heater to keep turkey chicks warm en-masse when I was about 4. I was actually happy about it since I really liked Action Man at the time.
3) Had the corner of a wheelbarrow full of gravel hit my toes twice in the space of 5 minutes.

The one that tops it for gruesomeness though in when I ended up putting most of my body weight on my right big toe. The nail turned purple, which I assumed was bruising. Then I cut the nail a few weeks later and found out it was actually a lot of blood, plasma and pus that had been welling underneath. In the end I cut off the whole nail with a set of nail clippers and let it to regrow. Totally fine now though.