Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Vehicular Combat Demo (Tanks, Helicopters and Mechs)

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kebbqltm1ubmedm/mkivvehicledemoqfix.zip

Demo video:

A huge open-ended urban level which you can control tanks, mechs, helicopters, and also fight against enemy versions of these vehicles. These vehicles can be spawned in any level and easily added into other mods, albeit they require lots of room, specially the helicopter, and may require custom levels made specifically. to use them. This is more of a tech demonstration level, and the vehicles are meant to be incorporated in other projects and used in custom maps, designed to accomodate such vehicles. But enemy versions can adapt very well to most monster replacement mods.

There is a repair tool weapon that can be used to repair stationed vehicles. You can't repair a vehicle if there is a player inside it.
The vehicles will store their health, ammo, and angles. The player's health and armor will also be preserved when entering/exiting a vehicle.

This mod will also work with any other gameplay modification wads you may load with it (Brutal Doom, Beautiful Doom, Complex Doom, etc.)
The video was recorded with Brutal Doom loaded, but you don't need it to play it.

Notice that both the light tank and the main battle tank have different controls than of regular Doom's gameplay. The turret and the base are two separated actors, you control the turret with the mouselook, pressing Forward will accelerate, Backward will backpedal, and strafe left and strafe right will turn the base left and right. People that played modern vehicle combat mods such as Battlefield and War Thunder will get used to these controls faster.

There are some error messages at game startup, but they are redundant. Mostly made for Brutal Doom effects compatibility. Do not worry with them. If you are going to add these vehicles to your mod, you can safely delete these lines causing errors.

Well I got on DW at the right time.

Damn Mark that looks sweet! It looked like the tanks were shooting your missiles as a helicopter too.

The mech is the truth; shit that looks fun.

*Edit*
Yeah this is fun to use; definitely making it into the article for the week!

One thing, I'm sure you've experienced this already, but just in case: the helicopter's camera breaks when the helicopter hits the level's ceiling, staying in the same position while the helicopter continues to move.

Aside from that I'm having fun with this; I think my favorite has got to be the mech; it's just so satisfying to jump on an imp for no reason and gib him ^^ Like, "cmere you little prick; I got something for you," hehe.

Really cool map man. Love the mech. The only issue I had was the bullets flying at the ground when attacking enemies at medium range. Made it hard to take out a Cacodemon that was flying near my face. Running Zandro with BDv20b.

Hi Mark, this looks cool and I could perhaps use it at some point.

But regarding something else now that you're here; howcome the "KetchupV5" mod doesn't work with the recent GZDOOMs?

Just yesterday while playing Operation Rheingold I thought about how cool it would be to jump into an unoccupied tank and go rek some other tanks. Although in truth it would probably make things harder, because you can't dodge as effectively when in a big clumsy vehicle.

In any case, this is some cool stuff, and I hope it will be put to good use.

gemini09 said:

Hi Mark, this looks cool and I could perhaps use it at some point.

But regarding something else now that you're here; howcome the "KetchupV5" mod doesn't work with the recent GZDOOMs?

No gibs works for me.

wow im not trying to sound gushy but wow looks fun.

favorite moment had to be when the mech jumps on the car.

looks outstanding.

My favorite moment was jumping on a car as a marine and it exploding under my feet, sending me flying 20 ft into the air.

Pretty nice mod.

By the way: some italian tech site wrote about this mod but they called GZDoom and Zandronum "conversion software" instead of "source ports".
The journalist thought this is possible with the original doom engine...

I would be quit interested if you could make an entire deatmatch map pack centered around this mod. Blasting each other away on helicopters online would be swell.