Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

More Underworld screenshots

Vegeta said:

Why is the gamma so fucking high?

In game it's a bit dark - not so dark that u can't see, but dark enough for atmosphere.

In screenshots like this though, you want to see what's going on - hence the Gamma Level 4.

thought i recognised those textures, ever played 'malice' for the original quake?

I found it in a texture pack on the idgames ftp site. Disclaimers will be included in the txt files ;)

i dont have a problem with it or anything, just that it reminded me of a bloody good mod.

Very nice...I love the occult worship site (or whatever it is) with the candles, adds to the ambience a lot, especially when it's finished, since we'll be playing in the dark.

Heh - that's the starting point of the map. Human teleporters transformed by the demons.
I've had an excellent idea for waste pumps and piston-driven vats of slime, which should look interesting.
Finally, i'm adding a line type that turns all the nukage flats and textures into blood... hehe, should be fun.

Spike said:

I found it in a texture pack on the idgames ftp site. Disclaimers will be included in the txt files ;)

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of this tex pack? If so, where did you get it?

I guess i can stop being so bias against Jdoom so i can play this thing when it's done

ravage said:

I guess i can stop being so bias against Jdoom so i can play this thing when it's done

you and me both! damn, the screens look great spike.

The first episode (map1-10) are available at geocities.com/scarredknuckle2002.

Although episode one doesn't have any XGdata (coloured lights, linked events, etc) at the moment, it'll be updated for the final release, along with InFine scripts to create better looking 'briefings' (text interludes).

ravage said:

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of this tex pack? If so, where did you get it?

It's called mlcetex.wad (Malice), and it's available in the graphics section of the idgames ftp server.

I am pleased to announce that map 12 from the underworld is now finished and is going through the final stages of playtesting. Map 13 is also now underway. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the week...I will keep you all posted on it and I will put a screenshot up on friday for you all.

It looks like a lighting glitch. The view is right down the line of that one diagonal rail, which is why you can't see it. JDoom seems to have a bit of a problem displaying the lighting of the nodes correctly, and they don't look uniformly lit sometimes. I don't pay much attention to it.

The seemingly vanishing handrail is due to the fact that it's just a transparant texture, going off at an angle like -\___/- so.

I'm not sure if you were also pointing out the slime behing it - that's a slimefall flowing from a pipe in the ceiling of that particular sector.

Those were some fairly early screenshots, so i should be updating my site soon now that the map is finished.

Hello : Again!

Ok, ok... here's a new screenshot : Map15, 'Return to the Portal'. It's less than 1/4 of the way through, and i've used map01 (portal of hades) as the basis - this map literally sees you returning to the Portal of Ep. I.

The emphasis on this is nasty-sneaky traps including instant-jump floors and monsters that teleport across multiple points, seemingly travelling from one end of the room to just under your chin in no time >;)

p.s - i've created a new statusbar to boot - wakka!