Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How often do you listen to the Doom soundtrack?

I like Perkristian and Lorcan's remixes, that's about it. Not too fond of the MIDIs themselves outside of the game.

Not often these days but I have my moments. Not so much the original but rather a range of remixes.

sometimes when i have the feel to hear something doomy or when mapping.

from the original iwads i like a lot more TNT Soundtrack specially: hanger, Storage Facility, Habitat, Wormhole and of course METAL (last call)

from fan made map packs i like Plutonia 2, i like some of the Soundtrack there too, specially: cosmodrome, flooded chappel, and the music that sounds in map 07 i think
and now my new addiction its "Nightfall" from Doom Resurgence its really a good music for a city map in the evening or night.

Several times a week, usually driving.

Especially the new DOOM 2016 soundtrack as of recent.

Whenever I play the iwads or levels that feature them, so every now and then. I replaced the midis with the SNES version of the game, and the rest come from a soundtrack.

Not only the official soundtracks from id Software, but I also listen to the community-made soundtracks for doom modifications, which are sometimes even superior to soundtracks from some games with giant budget.

More often than I'd like to admit. One of the best game soundtracks ever, it's a classic in its own right.

I like Hexens soundtrack more then doom. So I don't listen to dooms that much, there are some good songs though.

ON A DAILY BASIS.
rocks head to Intermission from Doom

I listen to it often, mostly during mapping sessions to get in the right mood, but also casually from time to time.
Lately i've been listening to the new doom soundtrack by Mick Gordon, Aubrey Hodges PSX Doom ambient tracks to get in the mood for darkmoon, and Andrew Hulshult remixes, because they are really awesome.
Good Stuff

When I'm not playing I usually go to YouTube sometimes to listen to it, but you just gave me a good idea, I might take it to my gym from now on lol.

as little as possible

i'd strip the original down to E1M3, E1M5, E1M8, E2M2, E2M6 and E3M2
Doom 2's MAP09 is nice, plus I like the Wolfenstein 3D tunes

Doom 4's score is mostly high production and chugging to be honest, though I like the way it takes advantage of good electronic beats rather than falling back on standard rock patterns like the old MIDIs do

suspect I'm too much of a composer nerd myself to be happy listening to really basic stuff, no matter how it's tarted up

Well,,I do go out with some Doom music on my headphones.

P
My favourites are:

'Into Sandy's City'
'I Sawed The Demons'
'At Doom's Gate'
'They're Going To Get You'
'Nobody Told Me About Id'
'Shawn's Got The Shotgun'

I have Andrew Hulshult's IDKFA remix album in my music library, but I have it on Shuffle with the rest of my music, so whether a track off of it plays or not is purely up to random chance.

I do listen to the Doom OST's once in a while, mainly the first Doom. I do sort of like the SNES Doom's soundtrack and the N64 one as well. I've heard most of them at least once via youtube that is, such as the 3DO/Sega 32x/PS1/GBA and the one song (?) that's in the Jaguar version.

I sometimes listen to it when mapping to kind of "inspire" me to do stuff, but other than that, the closest thing to listening to the Doom soundtrack recently is listening to the midis from Doom RPG.

I've been listening to Doom music for nearly as long as the games have been around. Bobby Prince, Aubrey Hodges, and most recently Mick Gordon. Also, I'm quite fond of the 3D0 Doom ost, I'm not sure who composed it though.

Piper Maru said:

I've been listening to Doom music for nearly as long as the games have been around. Bobby Prince, Aubrey Hodges, and most recently Mick Gordon. Also, I'm quite fond of the 3D0 Doom ost, I'm not sure who composed it though.

Great! I had a 3DO 6 years ago but I sold it at a yard sale for 80 bucks. Good profit, anyway.

Funny enough, my personal favorite is probably "Untitled". The song they didn't even bother coming up with a name for is the one I like the most. XD

I used to listen to the Doom intermission music somewhat casually. Now all I really have left are the covers from Doom 3 Classic.

Can anyone help me? I want to start a new thread but the website says I've posted enough threads already. But I've only posted 1 thread so far. Is there a solution to the problem?

Clonehunter said:

I used to listen to the Doom intermission music somewhat casually. Now all I really have left are the covers from Doom 3 Classic.

Nice avatar. Where'd you get it from?

Rarely actually- because I've heard it so many times in game, but then saying that I've got other game soundtracks but many are "short" so listening over and over would get old I feel...I dunno :V Maybe I just appreciate new music in wads.

I have a rather large playlist of videogame music from loads of games, Doom series included, to which I listen regulary. I prefer the Playstation soundtrack over the PC one but only in the game itself. Outside the game the Ultimate Doom soundtrack is my favorite.