Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Argent Energy is 100% green and biodegradable

http://www.argentenergy.com/

And it came to pass that Argent Energy is an actual thing. Turns out that a Scottish biodiesel production firm has existed by this name for over 10 years now. I will never see the ending the same way again, not without imagining Samuel ranting about green energy before stealing Doomguy's cooking oil and driving away in a Prius.

Well how about that?

Does this count as an easter egg/reference? In that case, it should in the thread for EE/R/etc of Doom 2016 thread.

Voros said:

Does this count as an easter egg/reference?

No, just coincidence.

It really doesn't make sense as a reference (the real world Argent Energy company is far too obscure) and legally it'd be a dubious decision as it can be ground for trademark infringement and libel.

Piper Maru said:

I can drive a Prius fueled by cooking oil all thanks to Hell? Walloping websnappers!

"All because some idiots thought Hell would make a good source of renewable energy. You know, if you have to program your computer to warn you about demon invasions, maaaybe you should just stop doing whatever it is you're doing"

Piper Maru said:

I can drive a Prius fueled by cooking oil all thanks to Hell? Walloping websnappers!

No, because the Prius actually has a petrol engine. You'd need a Diesel engine to run on cooking oil.