Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMJack

Celebrate 9/11 and SAVE!!!$$$

Yeah, I'm getting really annoyed at how much this is being overblown. I was watching the Steelers game last night and ABC was always cutting with commercials for their 9/11 program. "Be there at 5 PM tomorrow to remember with us."

Jesus Christ, it's not like people are gonna forget.

Wow, I'm surprised they haven't come out with "My (insert friend/relative here) was killed in a terrorist attack but all I got was this stupid t-shirt". It really kinda sickens me that they're trying to make a quick buck off the deaths of thousands of innocent people. I don't even know why I feel that way though, since I tend to hate people in general anyway. Go figure.

i dunno on the internet somewhere is a spoof of the i (heart) NY t-shirts it read i (plane) NY
i thought it was funny but plenty messed up

Heh...go into word, switch font to wingdings, and make it large enough to see clearly. Then type in NYC all ic caps like that. Then you'll see the true reason behing the attacks. :P

Yeah I agree they're blowing this fucking thing way out of proportion. People are gonna remember 9/11 for the next God knows how many years, and having commercials remind you every five fucking minutes is damn ridiculous.

Don't act surprised, we all saw this bullshit comming. If companies really gave two shits about anything other than money these items would be free or the money would go to charity, that would be 'human'. But what exactly is 'Human' when we're all greedy mother fuckers that will kill eachother for believing in the books that our parents read to us just to get us to stop saying 'why'?

Sure it did! The conservative idiots became even more conservative, and even bigger idiots, Bush made his stupidity even more blatant, and finally, now most Americans actually know were Afghanistan actually exists!

I'd post that "Bandwagon Patriot - Loving America since 9-11-01" bumper sticker from Something Awful, but Ling'd hit me for remote linking off SA.

Trasher][ said:
I'd post that "Bandwagon Patriot - Loving America since 9-11-01" bumper sticker from Something Awful, but Ling'd hit me for remote linking off SA.

Yeah, that sticker kicks ass.
This whole thing is indeed being blown up way too much. On the other hand, if you don't like patriottism, you don't have to watch it. It's up to you.. Then again, I'm European, so I don't have to watch all those commercials.

Not being American doesn't let you escape from all the BS about 9/11.

Earlier on I turned on TV, and out of the five terrestial channels we have here in England, FOUR were showing the events going on at ground zero. They all even had exactly (and I do mean exactly, as in they used the same cameras and everything) the same picture. I didn't even bother checking the satellite channels.

I'm quite suprised no-one's mentioned the insane viewing figures the TV stations got during and for quite a while after the WTC collapse.

Yes, that was my point. Why bother showing exactly the same thing on four channels (especially on two channels both run by the same company)? They could at least have had their own people there.

if anyone has been to nyc since, there was an explosion of street vendors selling b&w prints, 3d pics, posters, postcards, snowglobes, etc. featuring the towers. nypd, fdny, ems hats, t-shirts, stickers, toy cars, action figures. and of course the american flag was ever popular. thats the little guy on the street makin a buck

Same, here, Three of our Five major stations had all this non-stop 9/11, every five minutes you'd get an add about these "tribute" shows.
I was sick of it, at least a day or two beforehand.
Thankfully, One channel didn't change it's regular schedule AT all!
Only problem with that, was that Channel 10's regular wednesday line up, with the exception of one show is crap.

I mean, I agree, this was a terrible tragedy, and we should remember the disaster, and pay respect to the victims, but all this stuff on TV I saw? Not needed. No way. Just a simple half-hour memorial show that's all that was needed.

LorD BaZTArD said:
Only problem with that, was that Channel 10's regular wednesday line up, with the exception of one show is crap.

The Simpsons right?