Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Santos

Hello, im new in this page and i used to play doom years ago, but now the vice came to me again, and with a lot of new stuffs im a Little lost, where is the place where u pple share ur youtube´s videos and if you have some group of best players or map builders and what are now the best source port to play. That is for now
Thanks for ur attention, im glad to found this.

Uh... well to answer your first question: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/47017-post-your-doom-video-but-dont-quote-video/

And for the source port, it depends what you want out of it exactly. ZDoom/GZDoom tend to be the easiest to get working and most feature-full. 3DGE is good for splitscreen coop, and the online multiplayer ports you'll have to ask someone else about since I'm really not sure.

Learn the plusses and minuses to each source port. Note that with more advanced features in the port you use will come higher expectations for the wad you make. That said, there are a lot of great source ports which fill many different roles. Perhaps the best way to start would be to list out what you are looking for in Doom and go from there.

For MP, you pretty much have Oda, ZDaemon, and Zandronum, all of which are good ports.

For SP, look into Chocolate and its derivatives like Crispy; PrBoom+, zDoom/GzDoom and its derivatives like Zand; as well as Eternity, Risen 3D, Doomsday, and Legacy. The most-used ports I see are Chocolate, PrBoom+, and (G)zDoom which all coincide with the most-used map formats.

Welcome to the forums.

Hi.
Welcome to the forums.

Before you start asking questions, briefly read the FAQ.

Welcome! I'd say GZDoom is the best source port, and it's very customizable so it's compatible with most any map released. Enjoy your doomin'!

If you are rediscovering Doom, you might want to start with source ports that attempt to emulate vanilla play as much as possible, such as Chocolate Doom. Then from there, you might try the source ports that allow for a lot of modifications, such as zDoom.

There are also all kinds of crazy add-ons, like Brutal Doom, that in some cases can make Doom feel like a whole new game.

I use the GZDoom source port, and I use sbrightmaps.pk3, lights.pk3, PSXMUSIC.WAD, PSXSOUNDS.WAD (or is it .pk3? I forget), and I will occasionally use smoothdoom and smoothtextures.

Some cool WADs to check out:

Cold as Hell (my personal favorite)
Psychophobia (fucking phenomenal)
Alien Vendetta
Scythe 1 and 2
Whispers of Satan
Unloved (creepy and awesome)
Bauhaus (most unique wad I have played)

Okay thanks you people, im going to catch up with GZDoom for renew my playing.
About building maps i have understand that doom builder and doom builder2 are the best
map edit right?
I just hope not have problems with lag

Santos said:

About building maps i have understand that doom builder and doom builder2 are the best

Today's best Doom map editor is GZDoom Builder. (as in, having a good UI, lots of editing features, and being actively maintained)

Sliding scale of features and user friendliness to portability

GZ Doom Builder -- SLADE 3 -- Eureka

There's almost no reason to not use one of those three editors.

GZ Doom Builder can edit almost any kind of Doom map...but is Windows exclusive.

SLADE 3 can run on the average system, support the average amount of map types...but is kind of unstable.

Eureka can run on almost anything, not needing even the OpenGL requirements SLADE 3 needs... but has the least amount of map support, and its interface is harder to learn compared to the other two editors.